Tower Hill Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Tower Hill InsuranceRip offs

After switching to tower Hill Ins they call and say that my policy will be cancelled due to a claim with my previous Insurance company. When I originally applied I informed them of the claim and how the problem occurred. The problem being a copper water in the foundation of my home got a pin hole in it and I returned from vacation to a flooded kitchen. My previous Insurance company didn't cancel me, I dropped them because the sink hole coverage doubled and I couldn't afford it. While going thought the application process they were advised several times of the claim but assured me that it wouldn't have any effect on the new policy. So, they call. They say "you'll have to replace all the copper plumbing in your home, or we will cancel you". I had a very respected plumbing service perform the work when the original incident occurred. Even with a letter from them stating that a replumb of the house was not needed they still cancel me. So I asked them if a claim was made to them for the same exact problem would they replumb the entire home their response was "no, theres no need to". These people are just out for your money. If you qualify to get insurance from them because of your past or present employment you know the value of a dollar. Run as far as you can from tower hill. Shady business doesn't quite explain how they work. I'd love to say how I really feel about them but I won't waste my breath or risk anything for this so called insurance co.

• Tm
      TMMM Sep 28, 2010

Fail to live up to their word.

Use bait and switch charging significantly more than originally quoted and more for policies providing much less coverage.

Tower Hill InsuranceCancelled policy - did not repay premium

My agent wrote a home owners policy with Tower Hill. About 6 weeks later they sent a short and terse form letter cancelling my insurance, with the excuse that my 1962 home has not had it's entire wiring replaced (as if THAT ever happens! I live in a 110 yr old NYC blding with original wiring, and my parent's 1960 house still has original wiring, as it should! ). The age of the home was known at the time that the contract was written. They did not even ask for a higher premium, they just cancelled the policy.

It has been THREE MONTHS since that letter and I have not received the $900 premium refund !! They are just crooks. As far as I am concerned, we have a contract and it is in force until they return my payment. I don't CARE what they want, they are still under contract.

Tower Hill Insurance — Claims Process

Had a hail storm. They first sent out a man from a construction company that said I had no damage. I knew I...