Nationwide Home Warranty Complaints & Reviews

Nationwide Home Warranty3 Year Contract not Honored

I signed up for 3 year Home Warranty contract last November.
I submitted a fan repair request via online form, since I could not get hold of them over the phone.
I did not hear back till a month later via e-mail that they were no longer operating in my area and will refund the premium due to me.
It has been 10 follow-up e-mails I have set since then and they have not responded to anyone of those.
they owe me over $1000 in premium charged for remaining period.
Is there any recourse to such scam??

[protected]@gmail.com

Nationwide Home WarrantyBreach of Contract

The below e-mail to Nationwide Home Warranty is fairly self explanatory. I am faced with the potential of having to replace an AC unit and this is what I found when filing my claim yesterday;

I sent you an e-mail early this morning filing a claim with no response at all. When I called in the customer service rep advised that you no longer were servicing this area and you were cancelling my policy and sending me a prorated refund of $63. I asked when this was started and the response was May 18, 2010. I asked when they planned on notifing the contract holders as myself and he responded that they sent out e-mails but realized people might have old e-mail addresses and did not receive them. I advised that I was one of those that was not notified.

The contract specifically stipulates " This contract shall be non-cancelable by Nationwide, except for the following reason: Upon mutual agreement of Nationwide and the contract holder(Roy and Donna Dodd)". We have not and do not agree to cancel this contract without at least a 60 day notice of which we do not have.

We are sitting here with a non working air conditioner in 90+ degree tempatures and since you refuse to service the contract (N100876) Nationwide awarded to us on July 30, 2009 we are forced to secure our own air-conditioning contractor to repair or replace this system to its proper working order. Please understand that we will expect Nationwide to re-imburse us for any out of pocket cost (less $60 deductible) to repair or replace this air-condition system back to its normal working order and any other issues that might come up through the normal period of this agreed contract through 7/30/10.

You have until 1:00PM EDT today to service this contract and place my claim with a contractor to repair my unit today or I will be forced to execute as mentioned above. You must confirm to me by this time.

Sincerely,

Roy Dodd

6 Responses
      • Sh
        shane86 Jul 13, 2010

I represent an attorney in Tennessee that handles consumer protection class action cases across the United States for individuals in situations similar to this one.

We have recently been made aware of this company Nationwide Home Warranty and the complaints about account maintenance, billing errors, and other issues regarding customer accounts and service. We are investigating the potential to file a consumer class action against this company to bring them before the people and answer for their actions.

Please contact our firm to discuss the situation and possible consumer class action at [protected] or [protected] and leave a message for the attorney. You may also email me at [email protected]

• Jm
        jmborlando May 27, 2010

Just filed a claim with NY AG and BBB. They are not even answering phones or responding to claims right now. I have emailed and faxed them. I even went down to "shell" office at 100 Church St. These guys are committing insurance fraud. Thanks for the info Anon ya.

• Ha
        Harlowv Feb 12, 2010

I have tenants insurance, the landlord did not fix the leaking roof for 3 weeks creating moisture in the property eventually water came in the ceiling and my belongings got molded and i had to move due to inhabitability. I had no plans on moving and i have 3 children - all my things that are salvagable are in storage and i am homeless. NATIONWIDE DENIED MY RENTERS CLAIM reasoning : #1 water seeping in building (obviously this is a roof leak not a flood) talked to them again #2 Wind driven rain ( does this apply to an act of God?) I am pissed as i have good credit and have always been responsible and because of this I AM HOMELESS. NAtionWide is NOT on your side!!!

Anonya Nov 25, 2009

If anyone is looking for the company’s real name or trying to pursue legal action use this- MOAF CORP.

The real owners of Nationwide Home Warranty are Morris Lincer and Abraham Faham.

Their real address is 2711 Coney Island Ave - Second Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11235.

• Ra
        RaeWhite71 Sep 04, 2009

If anyone has a case going please contact me. [email protected]

I wish I had saw this site before I signed up with Nationwide. I recently tried to use my Home warranty and was denied my claim. I had a gas leak and this repair was covered in the agreement. Nationwide sent a contractor to my home only to have my claim denied. The manager I spoke with stated that they dont pay for permits & inspections. I told her I would pay for those fees then was told gas leaks are not covered in my warranty. I had mt agreement in told her to read section 6.3.1 of there agreement it clearly states Gas Leaks or covered. They sent out a repair guy I was charged the $45 service fee, when Nationwide knew they would denied my claim. I was out of $800, to have this leak fixed.

I plan on persuing this farther, I have requested that Nationwide reimburse all the funds I paid into this contract. Or I will seek legal action

• Lu
        Lulu Apr 30, 2009

The breached the terms of the contractual Home Warranty Agreement. When the claim was filed (10 months after premium had been received), they renegged and imposed conditions that were not part of the contract.

It is evident they are in the business of collecting premiums and not funding their liabilities. KEEP AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

Nationwide Home WarrantyInsurance Fraud

They are committing insurance fraud.

I purchased 1 year policy from them for $325 in Nov 2009 and have contacted them several times via email, fax and phone and have not received any type of response as outlined in my contract.

I then looked up the address they have on their website www.nationwidehomewarranty.com and found it listed as 100 Church St in NY, NY on the 8th floor. I went there and was told that company is not located there but in Brooklyn at 2711 Coney Island Ave 2nd floor Brooklyn, NY 11235. The company also goes by the name MOAF Corp. They had another home warranty scam business several years ago called Champion. The owners of the company are : Abraham Faham and Morris Lincer.

Several days after going to address of 100 Church St and more than 5 days after I filed a claim for an Air conditioner repair a woman named Christina Brown called me and said that they are no longer offering service in my area and that my refund of my policy will be prorated. I informed her that it is unacceptable to pick and choose which claims you satisfy. I informed her that had they informed me prior to my claim filing I would have purchased home warranty coverage from another company. I am now out the $325 premium I paid for insurance and an additional $650 for the A/C repairs that were legally covered under the policy.

These insurance companies always want to collect money and never pay when they are legally required to do so. They are in breach of contract and committing insurance fraud.

I have submitted complaints to the BBB, the NY AG and the FBI(IC3 unit). They must be held accountable monetarily and criminally.

• Nh
          NHW Former Employee Jul 14, 2015

If anyone is still seeking to take legal action action this company, please let me know. I was an employee at this sham of a company for 2 months and I can attest to all of the bad practices that took place. Please email me at [email protected] to further discuss.

• Mo
          mommystahl Jun 16, 2010

I had the same situation almost, except I live in Indiana and did not got to their place of business. I have filed with the BBB, you know what Nationwide's response was "Sorry for the inconvenience, please call us" They are methodically and knowingly frauding people daily. I tried to file with small claims, but apparently if I file in Indiana they can not make them uphold their financial responsibility and pay me, so I would have to file in New York and drive there!

Nationwide Home WarrantyMEDIA CONTACT - PLEASE CALL

PLEASE CALL/EMAIL: GET MEDIA COVERAGE FOR SCAM NATIONWIDE HOME WARRANTY
        I made contact, please call/email to add support to our issues.

RE: Nationwide Home Warranty Ongoing Scam
        Media Contact: Jim Donovan
        Jim Donovan Consumer Reporter

+1.215.977.5333 [protected]@cbs3.com

KYW-TV (CBS 3) 1555 Hamilton St
        Philadelphia, PA [protected]
        USA

Nationwide Home WarrantyIllegal ,Scam, Fraud

FYI They now have been required to put their physical address on their website as well as local number.For those of us who want them sured or prosecuted here is their address. Funny they are closed on Sunday! So dont have a plumbing problem on the weekends! Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 10am-5pm EST Sat 11am-5pm EST Sunday Closed Nationwide Home Warranty 100 Church St. 8th floor New York, NY 10007 Phone: [protected] Fax: [protected] Email: [protected]@nationwidehomewarranty.com

They do not provide the service they say . I repeat they are taking money and not providing anything. They do not call back.. Customer service inputs lies into their records . I suggest all conversations be monitored and put on you tube . They are blatent .Dont take my word for it, try to call them as a contractor or even a new customer . Same line .. how come . They live off of renewals and internet applications. They auto renew without permission. They lie.

• Ps

Nationwide Home Warranty - Customer Service
              Nationwide Home Warranty - Didn't even have a vendor to send
              Nationwide Home Warranty - Unpaid claim

Nationwide Home Warranty — Dishonest Company

Claim process was a nightmare. I was on hold for over an hour finally hung up called back and pressed 1 for...

Nationwide Home WarrantyWouldn't cover replacement. Rip Off!

Got the Nationwide Home Warranty to cover our Furnace, A/C and Waterheater. Furnace broke. Called for a technician, who came out right away. Didn't hear anything, so when I called the technician, I was told that Nationwide wouldn't cover the replacement because of rust and corrosion. The technician apparently told them that the problem has been existing for 4 years. He looked at the furnace for 10 minutes, didn't ask any questions and he knows that there was a problem for 4 years???? We had maintenance done on our furnace every year and they never found a problem. Called Nationwide and they wouldn't even look at the maintenance records. What a rip off! Cancelled by contract immediately and plan to file a complaint with the BBB. Now we have to come up with the money for a new furnace.

ANA JAQUEZ Nov 13, 2009

I have purchased a home warranty for a few properties with Nationwide Home Warranty and when they are trying to get your business the customer service department is very nice, but when it comes to assist you with a claim they are very nasty!! On 11/2 they went to one of my houses to check the water heater that had a leak. They sent the contractor and the contractor replaced the Temperature pressure valve. My tenant informed me today 11/13 that the water heater is still leaking and that she had called the contractor since they just went two weeks ago. The contractor sent a report to Nationwide without going again to the property stating that the problem now is the Pressure Regulator Valve. When I called Nationwide to request the service again a nasty customer service representative told me that Nationwide was not going to send the contractor again and that the pressure regulator is not covered as per their contract. The guy told me that if I want the part to be replaced I need to send and pay someone on my own. I insisted that the contractor did not go today and they insisted that they were not going to call the contractor again to check the problem. They put me on hold for 15 minutes and then they hanged up the phone on me. On another house I called for service also on the water heater and they requested prove of maintenance!! Since I was not able to provide then with prove of maintenance they did not honor the service. Every time I call this company for a claim they never want to cover the parts or they fix minor things on the damage item, but when it comes to major things they never want to fix anything and they rely to their contract stating that is not covered. PLEASE!!! DO NOT buy the services of this company. It is a fraud. Another thing is the credit cards. They do not give you the option of getting billed. They ask for your credit card information so they can bill you whenever they want! I had to cancel the credit card I gave them because they would put a charge on your credit card to renew the contract without your authorization. Please take my advise. I can’t wait for my contract with to expire. The government should not allow companies like this to be ripping off customers like that. They should not be operating and some one has to do something about it. DO NOT BUY THEIR SERVICES!!!

Nationwide Home WarrantyBogus Company

This is my 3rd bad experience (Garbage Disposer issue) with Nationwide Home Warranty company. To give a context, I was lured to sign up for 2 years contract and so far it has been nothing but disappointment with this Bogus Firm. They collected a huge some of money for 2 year contract and so far I have tried to call them 3 times for simple repair. Everytime it was a disappointment after disappointment.

In the latest round of scam, I was asked to fax the contract and I did it promptly. Then I got an email stating that it was assigned to a plumbing firm where I live and I was asked to contact them to schedule an appt. When I call that firm they tried to get the work order from Nationwide and totally gave up because even the service companies are being cheated. I spoke to that firm and they shared a very similiar experience stating that nationwide Home Warranty is a bogus company and cheating numerous families in United States. BTW, they would send an email for a claim to use their state of art online system, Trust me it has never worked and it is TOTALLY BOGUS!!!. And in the email itself they would have blank for their password, which is ano brainer that it will not work.

I am waiting for some government/legal authority to initiate an action against such a company that has the main motto of cheating Americans by swindling their hard-earned money under the name of contract and providing NO SERVICE AT ALL Absolutely. I hope that day would come soon for a legal action.

Thx
              Prak

Respond

Nationwide Home WarrantyDoes anyone know where Mutual Home Mortgage (Nationwide Home Warranty) is incorporated?

I already have the 100 Church St. Address in NY, but I am trying to find their base of operations.
                Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Ju
                    judy james Dec 22, 2010

hi, i have been scammed too! i think they are called empire home warranty and starting to switch to choice home warranty! they keep moving the so called location and changing names! a scam for sure!!!

• Mi
                    Michael A. Hernandez May 25, 2010

I am still battleing with Nationwide. I submitted a compliant to the NYBB and teh NY Attorneys office. When the mailing I sent Nationwide was never answered I wited. It returned unopned with another address. 342 Kings Hwy 2nd floor, Brooklyn, NY 11223. If anyone is that area and would verify this address it would be appreciated. Nationwide will no longer answer there phones and they keep withdrawling monies form cheking account monthly. If anyone can help please forward information.

Nationwide Home WarrantyClass Action Lawsuit

I submitted a claim for a refidgerator/Freezer. After 5 days, they finally sent someone out. Their technician said we needed a new compressor. They attempted to call NWH many times, where they would be put on hold and then hung up on.

Finally I was able to reach them and they denied our claim as they said it was a built-in unit and those were not covered. I asked to speak to someone about it, and they said I could only email as they don't talk to customers. I sent them my contract which has no such exclusions, and of course they never have responded.

In addition, they billed my AMEX 45 days before the policy was up for an automatic renewal. I called them immediately, and their billing department told me they would return my call within 24 hours, as I did not wish to renew.

I have disputed the charge with AMEX, and they are working on it.

3 Responses
                    • Am
                      Ambie Mac Sep 22, 2010

Go to your local news media and get in touch with their consumer reporter! I did!

• Ps
                      P.......sed Off Apr 27, 2010

TIme is up for this Illegal company. Each state has an office of consumer affairs and they have to be licensed period. It all starts with one phone call . They are also personally responsible for any wire fraud ie post office handles that believe it or not. They took over for all the phoney telemarketing scams the FBI didnt want to waste time on years ago and their bite is big .

• Sb
                      sbast18 Sep 03, 2009

My LG refrigerator is less than three years old. The warranty states: "LG Electronics will repair or at its option replace, WITHOUT CHARGE, your product which proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use during the warranty period listed below from the date of original purchase". Compressor...7 years in home. The LG Rep I spoke to said, "well that's what it says but that isn't how it works". I have to pay for labor and diagnostics???? Wow...just wow. I used to sell a LOT of LG's and used their warranty statement to move their products. I'll be back at it again soon... Hmmm...warranty statement or my experience???? I wonder which I'll choose to employ when I begin pushing GE or something else? Today, your fridge is going into my shed and is being replaced with something else. But DON'T think you've heard the last of me :) Any questions, LG?

Nationwide Home WarrantyFraud

If you're looking for a home warranty contract, DO NOT use Nationwide Home Warranty. The business they operate fraudulently advertises to resolve claims quickly and easily, a total scam. They deny all claims over $100, based upon their request for maintenance records. If you have been vicitimized by this company please submit complaints to:

1. The Better Business Bureau (in your home state and in New York),
                    2. The New York Attorney General,
                    3. The Federal Trade Commission, and
                    4. The Department of Real Estate (in your home state)

3 months after buying my house our HVAC stopped working. They sent someone to fix it if the problem was under $100, but when they learned it would cost much more to replace my compressor, they requested maintenance records. I provided them with the receipts for furnace filter, testament that I cleaned the system out with a vacuum homse attachment when I replaced the filters, and a copy of the home inspection showing that the HVAC system was well maintained and in proper working order when the house was purchased only 3 months prior.

My problem is that I can not provide them with the maintenance records belonging to the previous owner because we have no way to contact them.

I repeat, if you have been victimized, please submit complaints to the Better Business Bureau (in your home state and in New York), the New York Attorney General, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Department of Real Estate (in your home state).

7 Responses
                      • Jf
                        J. Fenicchia Sep 03, 2010

I paid Nationwide Home Warranty for a 5 year term at $1, 999.99 on 3/12/09 over the phone with my credit card for coverage of our main house. On March 2010, I called to add our other house, and the man said they weren't taking any more houses in NV, but we should be ok on the one. When our water heater went out shortly after, they emailed me stating that they were no longer covering NV and a refund would be mailed. That was over a month ago, and no check ever came. I called and all phone #s were disconnected. I emailed them again with no response. I'm very interested in a class action suit to recover my money. I went on their website and saw 501 complaints about similar stories, so I'm sure alot of people would be interested in a class action suit. If you want me to fax you documents, I would be happy to. Thanks.

jayhtr Jul 13, 2010

I've paid Nationwide HomeWarranty for a service that I did not receive. I have had the Warranty for about 2years and i paid my payments on time every 3 months. When my A.C unit went out, i called them up for service and the rep told me that Nationwide no longer does buisness in my area. I asked her as of when.?She told me as of May 2010. I then asked her if that was the case, why did they deduct the 3 month primium out of my account in May 23 2010. She looked into it and stated that it was deducted in error. She said that i would be given a refund. I have yet to recieve a refund. When i try to call the answering machine states that i should send a email. This company is a fraud beware.

• Pa
                        pastormcd Jun 22, 2010

I called to file a claim after much triuble contacting them (ohone calls and email) I was informed they no longer handle my area. It seemed odd because they never missed receiving monthly payments for the 13 months. I asked when this was decided and was promptly cut off. After callinf every day it was a week before someone answered. I asked when they stopped servicing my area. After a long pause he said in May 2010 and they would refund one month. I asked why no one was notified, no answer. Next day I received an email stating everyone in this area had been notified by email in May. I have never been notified and neither has my daughter. I keep all deleted emails in the trash bin on my computer there have been no emails from them. I had to pay a serviceman $223 to repair the appliance. I believe they are a ripoff and are taking money fraudulently from consumers. I cannot reach them again after repeated calls.

• Ph
                        phins13 Jun 22, 2010

Nationwide has rejected every claim I have submitted. I have been hung up on by customer service(one of the few times got through to someone), and have heard by another customer service rep that she "didn't need" to speak to me any longer. The biggest waste of money, and the worst customer service I have EVER experienced.

• Cu

PO Box 341
                        New York, New York
                        Phone: [protected]-2110
                        nationwidehomewarranty.com

Simple Internet transaction for 1 year term in 2007 for properties in Nv and Ca. Billed my credit card for $1249. effective date of warranty July 6th 2007. They never sent a copy of contracts, nor did they request a signature from me for these contracts. Stated upon payment they would be activated for the 1 year term. No service calls required on properties in 2007. Then Nationwide billed my acct. in April 2008 for another $1249. without authorization, and since I was out of the area did not see the billing until I returned in July 2008. When I became aware I sent communications to Nationwide Home Warranty and stated they were not authorized to charge my account in the future for any warranty renewals because I would make the decision when they were ready to expire. In April 2009 they billed my credit card another $1249. and I fought to get it reversed with my credit card company. The fight went on for 2 months, until the credit card company finally said there was nothing more they could do, and Nationwide got another $1249. They now say I need to sign a written contract, which I will not do. Since then I requested a repair be made to my property in Nevada, and they are refusing because I will not sign their contract, and they will not refund my money either. I have had to closed the credit cards (that I had since 1988), I have filed with the BBB, FBI, and now both Attorney Genl office in NY and Ca. I have never signed a contract, they have my money, and NOW they have refused a service call on my property in Nv, and they will not refund. This is the biggest scam company on the internet. Looks like a Bernie Madoff relative to me.

• Co
                        concerned-fraud Nov 25, 2009

Our refrigerator went out it took them 3 dasys to get back to us-then they finally send somr contractor to tell us fron lines pinched. Need to refrigerator $50.00 please. Call GE out they stated it was a heater harness and fixed it. Warranty fraud-Failure to perform and how many other people getting shafted

• Ba
                        Barb F. Apr 23, 2009

Thank you!
                        I have not gone the Federal Trade commission, or the Dept. of Real Estate!!!
                        I'm on it now!
                        My intention is to drive them out of business...I'm ashamed that I didn't do my homework prior to purchasing.

They are horrible to deal with (just did this this morning on the phone)!

Nationwide Home WarrantyDeceptive Practices

Company indicates in its terms and conditions that all components of pool heaters are covered under their supplemental property. They dispatched their choice of contractors who reported back to them that the gas valve inside the heater had failed. They randomly said they do not cover gas valves. I asked them how they could randomly pick a component inside the pool heater to not cover when their terms and conditions says all components of the heating system. This company is contantly a struggle to do business with and every contractor that I have spoken to indicates they are the worst of all home warranty companies for standing behind their policy. Buyer beware!

• Ce
                          cereh Aug 03, 2009

I agree 100%, Nation wide Home Warranty is a fraudulent company, its sale persons are nice and polite to have buy their police. Once you paid the money they do not return your call, and do not provide service. This is a terrible company. Nothing good about it at all.

• St
                          Star Harris Jul 30, 2009

After reading all the complaints from 3 other home warranty companies they all are a disservice to the consumer. I was going to cancel my service with AHS but it appears they are relatives. Sad to say ...money is the issue . They are not concerned about the homeowner at peace. Maybe someone will create a home warranty company for the actual homeowner. Never give up HOPE!

Nationwide Home WarrantyUnethical Business Practices

We were duped by these folks, and are fighting them! We bought a home warranty, and were reassured all would be covered. The A/C unit went out, we called, they sent a repairman, then refused the coverage, saying that it was pre-existing! Duh! They knew that when they sold us "coverage". Then, they said we could have it covered if we coughed up 4 years of maintenence reports. We bought the coverage because we didn't know the history of the unit, or anything else in the place we bought! They knew this when they gleefully took our money!

Unethical, Unprofessional, Deceptive, and Unreliable! Avoid them, but if it's too late, there are things that can be done!

Don't get angry, get TACTICAL!

File with the BBB in NY, File with the NY Atty. General's office, and with the State they committed the unethical business practice in!
                        Here are some helpful links for those of you wanting to do something about their ways!

If someone stole the amount of money you paid for your policy right out of your wallet, you'd call the cops!
                        Here are our online "cops"! ACT NOW!

BBB in NY: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx?siteID=24
                        NY ATTY General's office: http://www.oag.state.ny.us/bureaus/consumer_frauds/filing_a_consumer_complaint.html

They opted to refund our premium instead of make good on their policy. Still waiting on the 'check in the mail' (10 Days)...

Nationwide Home Warranty — Won't Honor the Terms of the Contract

In February, 2017, I filed a claim to repair a refrigerator. I was told by the technician who they assigned...

Nationwide Home WarrantyRenew Without Permission

Ntionwide Home Warranty decided to go ahead and just charge our credit card to renew our contract, although the contract stated otherwise (only if we paid month to month could they renew). When my husband called to inquire as to why this happened, the customer service rep was very rude and stated that in the contract they were allowed to do that. To his husband had to talk over her and read the contract to her and told her where he was reading from. At that point, she finally looked something up and stopped arguing with him. Then she told him he had to call back because no one from billing was there.

My husband called several other times and spoke with the billing department and was told over and over that it would be refunded within 7-14 days, and then the last couple times within 48 hours. It has been over a month since the first promise to refund our money. We have actually had to contact our credit card company and tell them of the fraudulent charges, and are trying to have this resolved by going through them. We will never trust them again!

I have read many other complaints of this same type of thing.

Nationwide Home WarrantyCheating

I enrolled Nationwide Home Warranty on January 7, 2009. The sale person told me that I could cancel my contract within 30 days without penalty. However, I found that many people complained their service after I searched internet. I immediately made a call to cancel my enrollment. One customer service representative told me that it took 5-7 business days for the cancellation. I made a call again on January 14. This time one customer service representative told me they needed a written notice and asked me to send an email to [protected]@nationwidehomewarranty.com. I sent three emails on January 14, 20 and 22. I also sent a fax on 1/20/2009. A few days later, I called Nationwide Home Warranty again and was told that they never received my emails and just received my fax and would need a few days to process the cancellation. I did wait until January 28. This time I talked with a supervisor, Michael Peterson, of billing department. He told me I never cancelled my service contract. I need to fax him a written notice and emphasized I was aware that $15 cancellation fee would be charged to me. I told him that the salesperson told me that there was no penalty within 30 days. He said if I did not followed his order, I could not get my money back. I had no other choice but followed his word and sent hom a fax on 1/28/2009. No refund received. I called again on 2/4/2009. Michael Peterson told me that it was $50 not $15 would be charged to me in I cancelled my contract. I am required to send another fax and was told that I could get refund in 3-5 days. I faxed him again on 2/4/2009. No any refund. I called on 2/9/2009, spoke to Chris T, the assistant of Michael Peterson. He said he immediately refund me and I would see the refund next morning. I have not seen the refund next day and waited until 2/11/09. I called again and spoke to Mr. Peterson and he told me I should receive my refund at the end of the week. Of course nothing happened as expected. I had to call again on Monday 2/16/09. I spoke to Chris T. He told me that I would received on Tuesday. I told him that he said a week ago that I would receive my refund but did not receive and how I knew this time I would receive. He said the would send me a confirm email, which he did. Eventually I received $339.99-50=$289.99.Better than nothing. I filled complaints to BBB and Attorney Generals of Maryland and New York.

• Mi
                                Michael Mcswain Mar 25, 2010

Nationwide home warranty is a joke. I am a electrical contractor in Texas. I contracted
                                my company with nationwide because I thought it was a good company. Boy was I wrong!
                                I found out real fast that if you were not a cheat and crook you would not do well with
                                this company. I put my company's name on the line every time I do work. Nationwide
                                would not cover anything, even what was supposed to be covered. I guess I made them mad stating my displeasure with their business practices because now they will not pay me.
                                I really feel bad for all of the customers of this company.

Nationwide Home WarrantyBBB, Attny. General of Greater NY, NY State Insurance Board Info.

If anyone, beside myself, has had problems getting Nationwide Home Warranty to pay/settle claims on things covered under your contract, it's worth while in contacting the following to register complaints against them. The more complaints they get, the better. They are the least professional group I have ever dealt with and are dishonest in their practices.

New York State Department of Insurance: [protected]
                              address to send complaint: CSB
                              New York State Insurance Dept.
                              25 Beaver St.
                              New York, NY 10004
                              In your complaint, list your name, Policy #, copies of any and all documentation and if you have names of people you talked to, time of call, etc... include in complaint.

New York State Attorney General: (Consumer Fraud Dept)
                              [protected]
                              You need to request a written complaint form to be sent to you.

File a complaint with the State Attorney Generals Office in the State you purchased the policy. You can obtain this information on the internet.

Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York
                              Web address: http://www.newyork.bbb.org
                              There will be a link to fill out a complaint about a business.

This all takes time, but the more dissatisfied customers report their fradulent practices, the better.

5 Responses
                                • Ge
                                  George Murillo Feb 04, 2010

I was told I needed maintenance records on a pipe!!! I laughed and they didnt!!

Stay away!!!

They will ripp you off in a heart beat!!!

My furnace went out and i provided the records, so they said i needed more records!!

New York State Department of Insurance: [protected]
                                  address to send complaint: CSB
                                  New York State Insurance Dept.
                                  25 Beaver St.
                                  New York, NY 10004

New York State Attorney General: (Consumer Fraud Dept)
                                  [protected]
                                  You need to request a written complaint form to be sent to you.

Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York
                                  Web address: http://www.newyork.bbb.org
                                  There will be a link to fill out a complaint about a business.

• Ho
                                  Home1 Oct 27, 2009

The claims department's goal is to make it as difficult and unbearable as possible throughout the process. After two years of having their warranty, my water heater and valve broke. The water to my home is shut off. I took the day off from work and called Nationwide Home Warranty immediately. After dealing with the claims department all day and paying $50 for a plumber to glance at my water heater, I was told the determination for coverage was pending. It would not be for another 48 hours before they would get back to me and let me know if they will approve the repair. This meant I would not have water in my home for another three days! The plumber said Nationwide home Warranty customers always end up paying him directly to get the work done and then fighting to get any reimbursement. They obviously are not concerned about retaining a customer.

NoelA Oct 13, 2009

My friends. It's incredible that a company like this continues to be in business and that we as customers let them.
                                  It started with my A/C (coil system) a year ago. Of course they did not pay anything again with the same excuse, "no previous service to the unit" even though the A/C company that went to my house said it was not required, and that it was worn out due to normal use.

Now this month. Something as simple as a cartridge/valve in one of my showers. Because its a really old model and the plumbing company would take some time to find it (thing I really don't care about), they decided the claim would be changing the entire system and not just the valve. And of course and guess what! yes, changing everything it's not covered. But hey who cares even thought the plumbing company stated the problem is only the valve (and I have it in paper).

So now Nationwide wants me to accept $175.00 signing a TOP SECRET release form that I know many of you will laugh at it as soon as I post-it all around the web (coming soon). Just make some simple numbers, $60.00 for the plumbers visit, finding and buying the part (unknown) and labor (you choose). Please my friends vote if you think I should sell my soul for this price. I think I know the answer.

I'm not even going to get into customer service and everything else everyone has written. I don't know when they decided not to abide by the long known phrase "customer first". But the only thing I know is that us as consumers, we can do much more to get this known to other provable "victims" If I might say. I already managed to stop 2 friends of mine on signing with them (and this was just via word of mouth) in one week, now just wait for the rest. Thank God for the wonders of the web.

Fortunately I can fix it on my own resources, but I don't want to imagine everyone else that rely on insurance, and after paying and paying for it, they will not receive any benefit at all.

Noel
                                  Dallas TX

• La
                                  L. Anne Mar 05, 2009

I appreciate this site, though I read it too late. I too purchased a policy from Nationwide Home Warranty. Upon purchase, I directly asked what would be needed to fill requirements to file and process a claim, specifically asking if paperwork (ie, any records, etc) be needed at that time. I was clearly told "NO" by the sales person. Nearly a year went buy and my washer stopped spinning. When filing the claim, they first had no one in my area (a city at that), and when questioning the payment to the appliance repairman, asking "Ok, I give this fellow a check and he repairs it? or you replace it? Correct?" and received a "We'll see" response. I believe at this time, even before it was looked at, they were saying they would not pay this claim. I have a beautiful Maytag machine, but a part did in fact wear out. I would cost a bit to fix. The appliance fellow stated not only to me, but to them at my request, that it was just normal wear and NOT due to misuse or deglect. They now "required a maintenance record". I called Maytag who clearly stated they did NOT require maintenance on their washers for their warranties OR to keep it in excellent running order. (Their written clause clearly states such records only needed on items "as specified by the manufacturer". Maytag does NOT specify such a thing). Hence, fraud. I have now read many reports similar. They are not a reputable company and should be stopped. I have lost my "peace of mind" they so gladly offer when you turn over a policy money. I am out that, the fee to the appliance guy and weeks lost of a needed machine. To top it off, I had the flu at that time and could not leave home to take the laundary elsewhere. A very dangerous business arrangement. Homemaker in Arkansas

sam Jan 02, 2009

This is a scam and a rip-off type of home warranty, . They will trick
                                  you with everything they have. Just call a plumbing company and they
                                  will tell you about them…..I called a plumbing company that does work
                                  with all kinds of home warranties across the nation, and they were
                                  very helpful. They told me that this is a scam company, and they will
                                  never pay for anything, ……. their exact words were, stay away from
                                  them…………………stay far away

Nationwide Home Warranty — Unpaid Claim, Poor Customer Service, Rip Off Because Policy Will Not Cover Me

I am disgusted with the way I have been treated. I purchased Nationwide's Full Protection Plan only to...

Nationwide Home Warrantypoor service, denying a claim

I purchased their home warranty with an additional option for a second refrigerator. I opened a claim with them over a month ago to repair this refrigerator. I was finally able to get someone to come out by threatening to cancel my warranty. The technician evaluated the refrigerator and found that the condenser was bad. At that point you have to call in and have the claim approved. My claim was denied because I couldn't provide any maintenance records. I asked what maintenance records would be required for a four year old refrigerator and I wasn't given a clear answer (probably since there isn't one). So not only am out the full cost of this repair I also had to pay the technician the $60 deductible. Save your money and much more importantly your time and never do business with this company.

6 Responses
                                    mahalia Mar 15, 2009

i agree 100% had fire and theift ahome and they (nationwide) had done everything under the sun to acuse me of arrson:not to my face but in so many word.I gave them everything they needed from taxes, bank records, to flight info., to hotel infr, to all personal info. They even called my job, lies have been made up to make me look like the bad person.and still have proven nothing just messed up my reputation.There should be a law against this .The law enforcment is not even doing all this.Im constant intouch with them because my home is still being vandalized.So I had to get a lawyer befor they denied my claim. This has been a night mare.Plus im handicape.Im going to file punity damages against them

• Ju
                                    Julie Feb 21, 2009

They decided to go ahead and just charge our credit card to renew our contract, although the contract stated otherwise (only if we paid month to month could they renew). When my husband called to inquire as to why this happened, the customer service rep was very rude and stated that in the contract they were allowed to do that. To his husband had to talk over her and read the contract to her and told her where he was reading from. At that point, she finally looked something up and stopped arguing with him. Then she told him he had to call back because no one from billing was there.

I have read many other complaints of this same type of thing.

yes, agree...

this is the company you need to stay far away from, or otherwise, you will just be burning your money... stay away from
                                    it is terrible, they steal everything you have and make you feel stupid

• Jb
                                    J. Brown Nov 25, 2008

I am in total agreement with the above complaints. We all have the exact same experince with this company. My furnace stopped working and I was asked to provide records to determine if yearly maintenance had been completed. I then have to wait an additional six days before a decision would be determined. The represenatives as well as managers are rude and unprofessional. I can't belive their lack of concern when you call them for a claim. The represenatives speak to you as if you have done something wrong by having a crisis at home. I firmly believe the customers deserve better service and a more supportive claims department. My interactions with the service department has been the worst experience and we are paying for this abuse. I, too will be contacting the BBB to alert all parties concerned how underhanded this company operates. I did not expect this type of poor service when I signed up with the represenative (con artist) who was very personable. It is wrong and cheating the customers when we already have a crisis at home. This company makes the situation worse!

• Ro
                                    Robert Philyaw Oct 16, 2008

Nationwide home warranty is a complete rip off. I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. We had our sump pump go out completely. The sent someone out, we paid the $60 deductible, and he informed Nationwide that return valve was put on backwards. First of all this was after 5+ years of no problems at all with the sump pump. It didnt go out because the return valve was put on wrong, it went out because the motor died. So this claim was denied for a $5 piece of plastic. They probably had the tech lie about it any way so he gets his money and they dont have to spend any.
                                    Now our washer went out and we called the claim in on the 4th of October. A tech came out on the 7th. They informed Nationwide of the repairs needed, even possibly just replacing the washer. Now 9 days later still nothing. I spoke w/ a so called manager on the 14th and she said that it was in billing. I called today and spoke to a different manager and she said it was in billing. I advised that I want a refund on my warranty and was told that cant be done. I asked to speak to the billing dept. and that cant be done.
                                    Nationwide is nothing but a crooked, piece of garbage company. Do not waste your money on them. I realize that this text wont get me anywhere, but if someone reads this and changes their mind about buying their warranty, then I will feel better about this. I hope that the company goes under, the bigwigs go to jail for fraud and they all get back threefold for what they do to honest consumers.

• Je
                                    Jerome Smith Sep 26, 2008

Natinonwide Home Warranty is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They take your money and refuse to pay for legitamate claims.

They demand maintenance records for appliances that do not require periodic or preventive maintenance then deny your claim when you can't produce something that should not exist. If by some chance you had a repair done then they will deny your claim because of a prior repair that they claim voids thier obligation. Either way they refuse to pay your claim. What a scam. You will be sorry if you buy insurance from them. It is simply giving your money away.

Nationwide Home WarrantyOnline scam

This company is a total scam. Run from this company. The told me my charge would be $250 but charged my credit card $400. They denied every claim because first they said I needed to show I maintained the appliance. When I showed them the records, they told me they don't cover appliances that had repairs previously. People there are VERY rude and no one tells you anything. I never received a bill, a contract, nothing. They took my money and they are a scam. I filed charges with the state attorney. It is very easy to do and I suggest you do the same. Perhaps we can get a class action going.

4 Responses
                                    • Su
                                      SURENDRAGUPTA Aug 14, 2009

Yes I am totally agreed with these comments. I bought a policy in the March 2009 and cancelled within 3 days time frame. NO refund and even NO service. Customer service do not pickup phone or if pickup they do not e want to talk in detail to your satisfaction. TOTALLY RIP OFF

Surendra Gupta, NJ

sam Jan 02, 2009

Nationwide Home Warranty based in NY. DO NOT BUY A WARRANTY FROM THIS COMPANY OR YOU JUST AS WELL THROW YOUR MONEY IN THE GARBAGE.

• Cl
                                      Clive Heath Nov 12, 2008

I am in total agreement. I am in the process of filing complaints through the New York Insurance Department, the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney General's office. Perhaps that will get their attention.

• Na
                                      Nancy in AZ Sep 02, 2008

I agree, RUN as fast as you can from this fraudulent "company"! This is a REAL scamming operation they are running here and I will NOT let this go unnoticed to anyone and everyone I talk or deal with! They do NOT make good on legitimate claims and you are given this double-talk from the "customer servers" (and that is only if you get one that speaks even a little bit of broken English!), and they hang up on you while you are trying to talk to the poor excuse for "customer servers!"

They take YOUR money and then when you need them they MAKE SURE you do not get approved for something you are totally covered on. I think all of us people who have been ripped-off from this "company" need to look into doing a Class Action lawsuit ASAP and notify the BBB. We cannot let them get away with this scamming ANY longer!!