Sur La Table Complaints & Reviews

Sur La TableWill not price match despite claiming it does

Sur La Table advertises in BIG letters "Price Guaranty. We've never met a price we wouldn't match!"
They ask you to call their 1-800 number if you find a lower price. I did find such a price and called. They refused to match the price because the site was offering a promotional sale. Sur La Table claimed the regular price on the site was the same as theirs and they refused to match the sale price. So much for a price match guaranty.

Sur La TableFalse advertising

Sur La Table advertises the pieces as signed by the artist. Once my order arrived, I opened it only to find that the pieces were NOT signed by the Nazari artist but stamped with the Sur La Table company logo. I immediately contacted the customer service department and informed them of the issue. I was that the issue and description had been corrected and that a representative would contact me the following day to discuss/correct the problem with my order. 3 days later I am waiting to hear and the pieces are STILL being advertised falsely, nothing has been corrected.

False advertising

Sur La TableNot interested in Canadian orders

I've been ordering from Sur La Table for years. I live in Canada, but all items are always shipped to U.S. addresses. Prior to Christmas, 2006, this was not a problem. This year, however, they cannot accept non-US billing addresses, even though the order is being SHIPPED to the U.S. After MANY calls to their Customer Service (daily!), it was finally straightened out and the goods were sent. But it is obvious that Sur La Table is willing to ignore 10% of the North American market when they are unable (or unwilling) to accept non-US billing addresses (even though I can walk into a US Sur La Table store and use my Canadian Credit Card!). Canadians - don't even bother to order from them!

• Be
    Bears1990 Jan 12, 2010

According to Sur La Table, they can't take a Canadian billing address because it's considered international and very high risk. High risk for fraud. You can shop in any Sur La Table over the phone and place order to ship to United States Billing Address. No Problem.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices