Riddex Plus Complaints & Reviews

Riddex PlusINEFFECTIVE

Riddex is a serious scam. There should really be a class act suite against this company. I couldn't believe the complaints that i've read. This is really ridiculous. Mice, roaches etc, loves this product. After about a two months, I was convinced that this product doesn't work. I tried contacting customer service and spoke to a helen which wasn't helpful at all. I wanted to send the product back for a refund and had no luck. They dont even want the product. Such a scam.

• Pa
      Patience is a Virtue Jun 06, 2011

I've seen some results in just a week on the ants that were in my new house. I've looked into all of the complaints & the prositive notes & it looks like the biggest issue is that they understate the time it will take. So, many may think it's instant like chemicals, but many have noted it's taken up to a month or two. Pest Offense was recommended by another consumer, but it's the same thing...it just states that you will see results in as little as 2-4weeks... This is supposed to be a family friendly and humane way to get rid of your pests. I still have mice in my bathroom vent after a week of using this, but I didn't know they were there until I plugged this in. So, apparently this is bugging them. I can hear them moving around an squeeking. I'm not saying it totally works. I'm just saying I think that a lot of people expect instant results & you may have to relearn patience :)

Riddex PlusA Thank You to consumers alerting of scam

I want to thank-you all for taking the time to post information about the riddex plus product. Because of you all I will not be ordering this product. It should be illegal for company's to take advantage and make false claims as they are. I ship products a lot and it has never cost me 8.95 to 17.95 to ship a small box anywhere. I used to ship puppets all over the country and the most it ever cost me was 4.95 to ship a larger box. THANK-YOu ALL Sooo MUCH!!!

Riddex PlusDid not keep out mice. Still in family room ceiling and in attic.

I bought the riddex plus. Two in fact. One for one floor and one for the family room. We still kept getting mice in traps. They keep coming and have not stopped all summer. We do not know how they are getting in. We have caulked and redid doors. We had big hopes for this product. We found that oil of peppermint on a cotton ball keeps mice out. They can't stand the smell.

Riddex PlusCredit Fraud

After submitting an order for riddex plus I received an email informing me that I was enrolled in swifty rewards discount buying club. I did not authorize the transaction and it was obviously Riddex Plus that used my personal and financial information from their order form to enroll me.
        I was able to cancel the membership in the discount buying club and was told that my $2.48 would be refunded to my card.
        I have decided to cancel my order for Riddex Plus also but they told me first that the order had not been submitted to their system and when I called back I was told their system was down and I would have to call back later.

• La
            Laurie Oct 13, 2009

YOUR INFO WAS NOT SOLD - YOU GAVE IT TO THEM!

I suggest you go back and read the terms and conditions of the special offer you agreed to . It will tell that you also signed up for a trial membership in a completely worthless program. This was disclosed in the terms and conditions.

the issue is NO ONE willing enrolls in these MEMBERSHIP programs so they sell them via other internet retailers with special offers. Those offers come with their OWN terms and conditions separate from the retailers website. MOST NEVER READ the terms and conditions before agreeing to them (PLACING YOUR ORDER IS YOUR AGREEMENT) Which is what they are counting on.

They are supposed to send you info on the program - but it rarely arrives and most do not even realize they are being charged for months because they never read their cc statements either.

FROM RIDDEXPLUS PRIVACY POLICY
            What information do we collect when you purchase something?
            If you are purchasing something from HTTP://WWW.RIDDEXPLUS.COM, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. This information may also be used by us to notify you of related products and services. Credit card and e-mail information will not be shared or sold to third parties for any purpose without your permission.

• Pe
            Peter Morlock Jan 10, 2010

Partially agree. I know that I was foolish enough to enroll into this program with swifty rewards. My problem is, that in their agreement, I can cancel in writing within 30 days.Great! not so great . Not any where in their website or e-mails can I find an address to write to. So, how can I cancel if I can't fond them.
            Peter at [email protected]

Riddex PlusDon't work

Since I bought riddex plus two for my apartment and two for my family apartment, they worked for the first two months and that was it but thought that is gonna change but now I see roaches are getting even worse so please since I had warranties on all of it I need replacement or give me something better I can use pls.

• Sn
              snopes Aug 31, 2009

I am sorry for everyone that got took for there money on riddex i just about did myself until i come across thiscomplaint site. Here is somthing that might be able to help get your money back i dont no for sure but give it a try go to www.snopes.com maybe they can help everyone that gt took for there money can help them get it back and do somthing about there product.

Riddex Plusdonot stand behind their product

this product does not work and after the 90 day warranty it would not even come on and the company refuse to acknowledge that this is just some bull caca

• Pl
                PLDC Jul 23, 2009

The product does work, for mouse repelling, saw results within 24 hours of pluging two of them into the wall units of a 2000ft home. So no complaints about product performance.. I was not happy how the website is set up blind that the consumer is not informed how much they are accepting to be charged (there was no conformation page of total charges in their check out process you are just charged then realize how outragious the shipping cost is) I did receive a partical refund for complaining it was criminal to not have a comformation of charges for the customers to agree to prior to being charged.

They state their product is pet safe and for the most part I feel for dogs in many situations it is.. I called them today that there should be a warning added concerning pet safety and the use of their product around pets in certain situations... My 7 year old German Shepherd started to seizure .. So many things involved for individual dog, genetic history, breed you name it, , (not new to dogs and not new to the breed) Everything possible was taken into consideration concerning the event.. My take on the event after getting the riddex plus and plugging them into wall sockets in other rooms of my house, , is the dog was in a crate set up against a wall socket for the reason of the sudden onset of seizures in this dog for being confined up against the source of the out put of Riddex Plus. That though most owners may not crate their dogs, but for those who do crate their dogs to take note of insuring after putting the riddex plus into their homes to make sure their crates are not up against a wall socket..

The company has been informed of the event.

• Ka
                KAJUN Oct 30, 2009

OH MY GOSH, I WAS JUST FIXING TO ORDER THESE PRODUCTS FOR A MICE PROBLEM WE HAVE SUDDENLY AQUIRED, BUT AS MOTHER AND I HAVE A BRUSSELS GRIFFON AND A 17 WEEK OLD BOXER PUP I AM NOT GOING TO ORDER THIS PRODUCT NOW. WE LOVE OUR PUPS AS OUR ONLY FAMILY AND WOULD JUST DIE IF WE ACTUALLY HARMED THEM DUE TO A COMMERCIAL WE SAW ON TV. I HAVE ALSO JUST READ THE REST OF THE COMMENTS AND NO WAY WILL I ORDER IT NOW. I THANK YOU IMENSLEY FOR LETTING US KNOW ABOUT YOUR PUP, AND I AM PRAYING YJAT YOUR PUP ALSO RECOVERS FROM THIS THING AFTER SHE IS NOT EXPOSED TO IT ANY LONGER. I ALSO THANK THE REST OF YOU KIND PEOPLE FOR LETTING ME KNOW WHAT A RIP OFF IT IS, AS WE ARE ON A FIXED INCOME AND LIFE IS HARD ENOUGH, I AM SURE YOU ALL CAN RELATE TO THAT.
                MUCH APPRECIATION,
                KAJUN

• Ka
                KAJUN Oct 30, 2009

THIS IS A GREAT SITE FOR INFORMING CUSTOMERS OF POTENTIAL BAD PRODUCTS OR PRODUCTS THAT DO NOT WORK OR COULD ACTUALLY HARM YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND PETS, THANK YOU FOR THIS SITE.

• He
                heatherwhatever Nov 20, 2009

I have a 1 year old pomearian that wouldnt come through the doorway after plugging the riddex in, she wouldnt go over the threshold for weeks .Finally after co-relating the installation of the riddex to her sudden strange behavior we unplugged the riddex that ran along that wall and she hopped over with no problem for the first time in weeks.There should be a warning for small dogs on these products.She is finally back to normal after removing the riddex.

Riddex PlusDoes Not Work

I purchased 2 Riddex Plus units just under a year ago. I was so happy that since I installed one I didn't see any more mice. Low and behold, I was watching TV tonight when I saw a mouse run along the wall right past the unit. So, my guess is that it doesn't really work. Or maybe it only works for a short period of time before the pests get used to the "whatever" it does or is supposed to do. So I'm back to setting up traps for the pesky little creatures. I'll keep the Riddex units plugged in and "think" them into working.

MaryC Dec 13, 2008

Sooooo disappointed. This product does NOT WORK!!! The roaches were attracted to the unit. I was seeing more come in than I had coming in before we got the unit. I was unplugging something that was plugged in the same out let this morning and their was a roach sitting right on the unit in the broad day light. It didn't even run from me it just walked around the unit as if it was laughing at me (unbelievable). I should have taken a picture of it and sent it to the Riddex company, but I can't stand the bugs and had to get rid of it right away. Their were droppings all over the top of the unit. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!! My advice is to seal up all cracks and holes in the wall and to spray at least once a week along where the floors and the walls meet and anywhere you feel they are coming from.

• Sw
                  sweetgal Dec 20, 2008

i know what u mean i bought this in november and it honestly sucks it doesnt work i even seen some on the stupid thing it is a company that is a fraud and i think that we need to file a suit against them think about it all the shipping and then they say 30 day money back and then still nuttin i think we need to contact the better buisness bureau on them who is for this? i thought that it might work but nuttin i dont see anything but more actually so i still spray and i think that the spray does more than anything actually i should of thought twice b/c in english it said that it was 47.00 all together and then on the spanish channel they was trying to sell them for the same price and then when u would contact them they said that it was 145.00 all together in money order and that u couldnt buy it online and that doesnt accept credit cards and when my husband confronted them that i have bought it online and it was for 29.95 they hung up the phone but i never thought anything i thought that they was trying to fraud my husband but i guess it was this whole thing is FRAUD u cannot contact them by email? if u can please can someone tell me how? and what is the web site on the web site u can only call tehy just give u teh run around ...

ridout Feb 16, 2009

Thank God for the internet.I was considering, but after these complaints..F them!!!

jamesrneal Jul 24, 2009

The Reddiex Plus Unit don't work and I want to return it back

Riddex Plusain't work a F*C*

they are a text book faulse advertisement and any one who has ever bought one should get at least get four times our money back! even after you agree to a price when ordered on line it some how almost doubles out of the blue. You could plug 200 of these things in your house and a flea wouldn't take one step in fear in fact I tink he would make a point to laugh in our faces

Riddex Plusproduct does not work and is causing medicial issus

This product was bought and all the directions were followed, and seince we put the product into place I have been having headaches that you could not belive what am I to do?PLease help thanks... I can also be reached thru my email [protected]@yahoo.com

Ridyourself of bugs May 04, 2009

I'm happy with riddex so far. the real test will be what happens through August. I put it in several outlets in my studio apartment(back up), I'm an over achiever. I don't see that many silvrfish(I think one slipped under the door from hall after some exterminator came). It probably got lost. I got mine in Bed Bath and beyond(no shipping) for 14.95 and recently a power plus for 19.95. And if you can't get your money back you can call your credit card company and tell them what happened. The customer always wins.

• Ms
                      MS UNDERSTOOD Jul 27, 2009

I BOUGH T RIDDEX AND IT IS A JOKE. THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY RESULTS WILL OCCUR WITHIN A FEW DAYS AND THE BEST RESULTS AFTER 30. SO WHILE YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE 30 DAYS, THERE IS A 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. I HAVE HAD IT ALMOST 2 YEARS AND IT DOES NOT WORK. IT WAS A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY. NO RODENTS, THANKS TO THE CATS. STILL THERE ARE INSECTS AND WATERBUGS.

Ridyourself of bugs Aug 05, 2009

It works for me so far. it keeps them out of the wall, makes them slow. Waterbugs need combat roach bate and ants need Tat ant bate. Works. I still keep boric acid behind my stove due to crevices. Also watch for crumbs.

Ridyourself of bugs Sep 21, 2009

Ms Understood,

Either place more of them around the house and see if that works. Also add large Combat for the waterbugs. Bugs that don't live in the walls and come from outside have greater chance of thriving in the house. Riddex, which apparently one needs more than one, I don't know how much you have, seems to work on what lives in the walls. I notice some stuff that leaves the walls fall down dead. I do have less stuff. You must put stuff out for the things that left the walls, ie waterbugs. It's un-thorough not to have combat out for the waterbugs. I'm quite sure I'd be infested without combat. Also calk your baseboards. There are no miracle cures for these things. I do more more than one of them, good luck.

Riddex PlusWORTHLESS EQUIPMENT BEING SOLD

THIS IS THE MOST WORTHLESS JUNK I HAVE EVER ORDERED!!!

THE IDIOTS WHO CALL THEMSELVES CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE
                    EVEN MORE WORTHLESS THAN THE SORRY JUNK THE SELL!!

I ORDERED 3 UNITS NON OF WHICH WORKS. I WILL NEVER EVER CONSIDER THEIR PRODUCTS AGAIN.

THE 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE IS A DELIBERATE LIE!!

I AM MAKING THIS COMPLAINT IN HOPES THAT THIS MIGHT SAVE ANOTHER POTENTIAL CUSTOMER FROM GETTING TOTALLY SCREWED WHICH IS THE ONLY THING THAT YOU CAN EXPECT IF YOU ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM.

• As
                        ASIANCUTIE620 Feb 27, 2009

THE PRODUCTS WAS SHOW BUY 1 GET 1 FREE FOR $29.95 + $8.95 FOR SHIPPING. THEY CHARGE ME FOR $17.90 FOR SHIPPING AFTER ALL. ANYWAY, AFTER ORDERED I START SEARCHING AROUND MORE AND SEE THE POSTED HERE FROM OTHER PEOPLE COMPLAINS . I CALL MY BANK AND STOP THE PAYMENT WITH RIDDEX PLUS. HOPEFULLY I GET THE MONEY BACK.
                        THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GUY!

angryconsumer Jun 12, 2009

The Riddex product is ###! It is the biggest lie and false advertising I have ever seen I bought two units and they didn;t do squat to deter rodents!
                        These liars should be put out of business!!! They got my $50.00. I am pissed.

Riddex Plusthe solution

Having read all of these Riddex complaints, I think everyone should go find the Riddex CEO, take him to the bank, get out all of the his ill gotten money, go to the factory, tie him to a stake, place all of his dirty money around him and set him on fire. Place Riddex units all around him, and turn them on, so the factory bugs will have something to sit on while they watch him burn. you won't have to listen to the screaming, if you place the mice from your house in a cage and place the cage over this guys head, before you light him up.

• Zi
                          ziprat Dec 31, 2008

I like that solution

• Yk
                          ykjhgkjhg Jan 30, 2009

Oh My Godd!!! This is hilarious I love you whoever you are marry me LOL hahahaahah!!!

MADCUSTOMER Jan 31, 2009

I ordered this product not online but via the stupid program SABADO GIGANTE where they advertise this crap, so I called the 1 800 number and they didn't even answered my call but asked me to leave a voicemail with name and number and so, they called me 2 days after and I ordered it. After I placed the order went to check online and found out the product was 3 times cheaper than what I payed so I called them back after 20 mins. to CANCEL the order and this THIEVES DONT WANT TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, the charge was made on my debit card and they say that once the transaction is been made they can't cancel it and if they do they will only refund me only 50% ($45) instead of $90.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SABADO GIGANTE PROGRAM CAN SPONSOR THIS CRAP ... AND THEY FOOL PEOPLE MY MENTIONING THEY ARE CALLING FROM THAT PROGRAM AND THEY BRAG ABOUT THE CREDIBILITY OF DON FRANCISCO ... THEY SHOULD KNOW WHAT GARBAGE THEY ARE SPONSORING

I don't know what to do and if anybody knows about a way to make this RIP OFF PUBLIC AND LEGAL, PLS give some advice.

Riddex Plusreturn on credit card

I ORDERED YOUR RIDDEX PLUS OVER THE PHONE AND HUNG UP BEFORE KNOWING IF MY CREDIT CARD CHARGES WERE GOIONG TO GO THROUGH OR NOT. SO KNOWING I ORDERED IT ON-LINE NAD RECEIVED BOTH RIDDES'ES WITH-IN TWO WEEKS OF EACH OTHER. I CALLED TO SAY I WAS SENDING ONE BACK ADN THAT IT WAS TO LATE FOR A REFUND. I DO NOT WANT BOTH OF THEM SO I DEMAND A FULL REFUND IN THE AMOPUNT OF $48.85 TO BE CREDITED BACK INTO MY CREDIT CARD. I WILL JUST KEEP SENDING THEM BACK IF YOU MAIL ME ANOTHER ONE. MY NAME IS
                        KEN THOMAS- 110 12TH ST EAST INTL FALLLS, MN. [protected] IF I DO NOT SEE IT BACK IN MY CARD WITH IN FIVE DAYS I WILL BE FORCED OT CONTACT THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU WITH A COMPLAINT. YOU HAVE YOUR RIDDEX BACK SO JUST REFUND ME AND WE'LL ALL BR HAPPY. THANK YOU. KEN THOMAS

Riddex PlusFraud and cheating

What a scam I paid $50 for mine. I was wanting to get rid of the pests without using chemicals around my children and my pooch, so I bought, not 1, but 2 for my home. Had it for 2-3 months now, and no changes. I still have the buggy problem, and boy I am one p-oed consumer. Let me know if the is a lawsuit I ran into plenty of people who would be more than happy to help out. thank you and have a nice day. I should mail them my bugs...

• Me
                              Megadrone Oct 15, 2008

Anyone who was sucked into buying one of these deserves to lose their money. Get educated!!! Sorry I don't believe you are owed a refund...

• Th
                              thirteenburn Oct 28, 2008

Megadrone works for the company regardless of what he/she/it says. He can say it's a crappy product (it is) all he wants to but the key to the post is the "Sorry I don't believe you're owed a refund" comment. A dead giveaway.

• Fa
                              FADI Nov 07, 2008

rid out of our mony

mak Nov 24, 2008

I have send mine back to the company. they are rip off. the bugs were all around the device and have their eggs on them.
                              there should be a law suit againgt the company. include me also in the law suit. the product should be banned from the market

riddex plus Mar 30, 2009

once again a rip off company to score big, maby this is aig in discuise or maby a senators sun in law starting a business with tax payers monies.

Riddex Plus — It doesn't work

I have two units in my home and I had a mice prob. Well, I plugged in 7/18/08 and 7/23/08 I found a mouse in...

Riddex PlusThe product doesn't work

The funny thing is Riddex Plus states that the product is 100% guaranteed. Now they will not give me my money back after I told them that their product is not effective in my home. I have had it for two months now. I still get bugs. As a matter of fact I believe I get more now since I have started using this product than before I did. They tell me it's a 30 day money back guarantee. I was talking to customer service representative and he said that sometimes the pests will leave and then try to come back again but they should leave again. I ask, "So after 30 days if the product doesn't work that is the consumer’s problem and you no longer promise that it works?" If you know the product can stop working how can you give it a 100% guarantee? All I wanted was my money back for a product that does not work.

Ron Meyer Jul 09, 2008

Thanks for the info...I won't buy one. Sounds like the company is unethical in dealings also.

Robespierre Jul 24, 2008

If you paid with a credit card have the credit card company reverse the charges. You can do this not only with the scammers at Riddex, you cana do it with any company that refuses to return your money after you exhaust all other means. That's why it's wise to pay by credit card. Try it.

Robespierre Jul 24, 2008

In addition to asking the credit card company to reverse the charges, write to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint against Riddex. You can also report this scam to local and national offices dealing with consumer protection Anyway, thanks to you I just saved about $40, 00 and I will let my address book know about these crooks.

• Ke
                                Ken Aug 04, 2008

I ordered riddexplus off the internet on July 8, 08. The company does not have any thing to check order status. It, s going on one month, and I haven, t received the product. This is a terrable company to deal with. Don't throw away your money.

• La
                                Laura Sep 18, 2008

I bought riddex plus in May 08, it worked for about 60 days and the the mice keep coming back and I have two devices in my apartment. I called customer service to complain and they told me it might be defective so I have to send it back cause I have warranty. I asked them what the life span is and they said 10 years I know now thats not true, they just have false advertisement. The next thing is they told me to return it so I have to pay to ship it and also I have to pay shipping and handling charges for them to send it back to me. I don't think that's fair cause I'm not at fault if their product don't work, why should I have to give away money like that i'm not made of money I have small kids in my house and I'm just trying to protect my family from these creatures. I thought we finally got a safe product but boy was I so wrong. Anyone trying to purchase this product please don't it doesn't work.

• Al
                                Allen Mason Sep 21, 2008

black & decker sells one thats works pretty good. It cut my roaches down about 90%. Walmart sells them for 4 for $20.00

Joy Sharma Nov 07, 2008

I am totally aggreed with this. In fact I had bought 6 of this. My first one worked for only 3 months. Others didn't work at all. Now I hae mre roaches than I ever had before.They gave me the same crap what you had told in your e-mail. I even wanted to talk to the supervisor . He refused to talk to me because he was busy. Nothing can be done because I did not buy one year warrenty.This is totally ripp off. I wish someone can tell me where to report this so that people can think 10 times before they buy this crap product. I think this product is to have more cockkroaches at your house than you have it before.

• Mu
                                murrmade Dec 14, 2009

this riddex is a bunch of crap it doesn't work ive had it for 3 months and it seem like i have more bugs then ever. where could i go to file a complaint and get my money back?
                                please if you have any solutions let me know.

Riddex Plus — They're a joke

I got Riddex plus to get rid of bugs in my apartment, 2 months now and the bugs are still around. Now I have...