Elite Personal Search Complaints & Reviews

Elite Personal SearchDon't waste your money

Elite personal search, Ha. The only thing elite is there name. The only difference between Elite and Match.com or other internet sites is the thousands of dollars Elite charges. You would think that after the several in depth interviews for your match requirements that they might actually match you accordingly. Think again. You have to tell them over and over what it is your looking for. Their match making ladies are not too sharp either and it takes them weeks to find you someone that is not even close to your criteria.
The sales ladies do a good job making their company sound great, but don't believe it for a minute. Go buy a 70" plasma instead. You'll be happier.

Elite Personal SearchFound Love

I met with Jamie Rose back in January of this year. I was coming out of a 25 year marriage and didn't really know how to even get back into the dating scene. I really liked how the process worked and felt very comfortable with Jamie so I decided to move forward.

About a week later I went and got my photos done and Jamie started to put a few matches together. She presented me two women and I ended up choosing Alex. We both lived in the same area and has a lot in common on paper. Jamie told me she was her first pick. We talked over the phone a few days and I set up a date for us to meet the following weekend. We were supposed to meet a a great restaurant but unfortunately we went to different locations LOL!! After we both had a glass of wine and realized this I called her and we ended up meeting at fast food joint for burgers! Not what I had anticipated but we had such a great time. After that date I had to make up for it so I picked a non chain restaurant for our next date.
    Since then it has been great and we are seeing each other exclusively and I couldn't ask for more. I still email Jamie to keep her posted but so far so good! With Alex being my first match I would say this is as successful ad successful can get.

• Ra
        RarelyComplain Sep 02, 2012

To some guys not having a spouse is like missing a limb. They'll go for the first thing that comes along. But like Molliewollie, I still say "self promo."

Elite Personal SearchScam, Fraudalent Services

I am an elite client and as such, please do yourself a favor and run away with your $7000 and invest it somewhere else. If you want to give matchmaking services a try, then investigate other companies where they truly hand select matches for you. This company is an expensive version of online dating (since they send you a profile along with a picture) and if you try to complain, they will tell you they have presented you with X number of profiles when these matches are no longer available, or perhaps they do not exist because these people are no longer clients. The company doesn't honor any refund requests. You do have the choice to make monthly payments and if so, you have the choice to stop paying them based on "fradulent" services and keep copies of all your suggested matches emails and take them to small claim court if Guillermo or Mr. Felix threathen you ruining your credit history if you stop paying. Matchmaking services are now more common and can be great service if you choose the right company with the right values and right intentions. Loook up their BBB ratings and you will see why they have a "F" grade.

jackhunter Jun 03, 2016

I have never seen any matchmaking service work this hard for their customers. I've been in and out of the dating scene for at least ten years now. I've had my share of meeting different women and have been a customer with five different dating companies. With all my experiences, I have to say that Elite does the best job. The also have a totally different approach which I think is the most effective and unique. The price is high but the results make it worth every dollar. After they introduced me to Martha (my present wife) I feel that the least I can do to show my appreciation is to write this review and share it with other people.

• Cl
          Client Elite May 12, 2010

Elite Personal SearchTerrible company

In July 2006, I went into the offices of Elite Personal Search and had a 3 hour 'interview' with Devan. At that time, I wasn't sure if the service was right for me. I explained to Devan that I felt it would difficult to find a match for me among the members of Elite Personal Search/Debra Winkler. Although I am a professional career woman, Devan assured me that I would 'easy to match', even though I have tattoos and dreadlocks (I work in a creative field, and wanted to meet someone who was a professional, but also 'eclectic') . She explained, 'we have all kinds of people as members. We have artists and musicians, even performers from Cirque De Soleil.'

I was hesitant about joining, when she assured me that if they did not have someone appropriate for me, that Elite Personal Search/Debra Winkler will go outside of its membership and 'troll the community' for a good match. She explained that she had met HER husband through Elite, and that once she started working there, she was able to fix up 2 of her girlfriends with men who were NOT members, but that she had met outside of work and thought they would be good matches. She told me that one of them was now married to the man Devan had fixed her up with. I do not feel that I would have been comfortable paying the extraordinary amount of money membership cost if I had not been reassured that they would go outside of the membership to find a match for me.

Devan and I discussed the type of man who would be a good match for me. We set up a long list of parameters, which she assured me DID exist in many of their members. (the main thing we agreed I needed was someone who was 'hip' and up on modern technology, as I am a bit of a computer geek). When she told me that my $5000 fee would get me 8 matches in the next year, I was wary. I told her that I didn't feel like 8 was very many matches. At that point she said, 'But we will be doing all the research for you. By the time you meet a match, they will have all of the qualifications you are looking for. The only thing missing will be chemistry, and you WILL have chemistry with at least one of 8 men who exactly the type of match you are looking for.' She noted that Elite also checks criminal records and paycheck stubs to make sure that members DO in fact make the amount of money they claim (although they never asked for any of that from me). Additionally, Devan assured me that she would work closely with the matchmaker and that the matchmaker would also work very closely with me by calling me frequently to discuss various matches. All of the above made me feel safe and comfortable and confident that Elite could help me find a match.

I was unable to join in July, so I had to put it off until December 2006. I did join in December of 2006. At that time, Elite set up a second interview with Jen Turner. Jen also said that she thought I would be easy to match and that the qualities, and other parameters I was looking for would not be difficult to find. She also assured me that Elite would go outside of their membership to find a match for me.

Since that time, I have had NO matches that 'have all the qualifications I am looking for'. Additionally, I have not met any men from outside of the membership. In fact, most of the matches I have been sent, were not at all the type of men that I would be interested in. Many of the matches have been misrepresented by Elite. For example, I was sent a potential match who 'had his own business building zen gardens', he was actually a gardener for the public park systems! I was sent a potential match who worked as a 'holistic therapist', he turned out to be a massage therapist! I was VERY specific about the type of person I wanted to meet, as well as what type of job they should have (professional, like me!), how far I'd be willing to travel (I live within 10 miles of literally millions of people, yet they sent me matches that lived 50 miles away?!), and the fact that he should work at a standard job where he would normally have nights and weekends free (the massage therapist worked BOTH nights AND weekends!). Neither Jen or Devan or anyone from the Elite office have ever 'worked closely' with me to find a match. In fact, I often don't hear anything for weeks and weeks, unless I email THEM.

I now feel that I was misled. It has been over 9 months since I joined and not ONE good match has been introduced to me. I sent a certified letter to Elite with all of the above information and demanded my fee be returned. I filed a complaint with the BBB (they have over 20 complaints and have earned an 'F' rating), but Elite did not respond to either me or the BBB. I feel that it is appropriate for Elite Personal Search/Debra Winkler to return my $5000 fee.

Elite Personal Search — Scam - non delivery of promises

I was pitched a $5, 000 to $10, 000 contract which promised to introduce me, in person, to 10 men in...

Elite Personal Search — Rip Off

I am a very careful, intelligent woman who has always snickered a bit at people who got scammed. Guess what?...

Elite Personal SearchVampires

I would like to share this court experience about suing Elite Personal Search.

I signed contract with Active Single LLC / DBA Elite Personal Search about two years ago. They claimed they were local in San Jose, the sales rep. named Louis promised me they would have local office and local people (esp. him) would work with closely me to find my life time partner. He spent 2 hours explaining how wonderful their services are. Well, hoping someone could do what they are paid for, I paid them $7900 for a 18-month service, which Elite claimed to be the lowest rate they had. Elite’s San Jose office was closed one month after the interview and Louis never contacted me after taking my money. During the past 2 years, they never set up any date for me – yes, 0 date for two years. I complained but their management never cared to respond. I decided to take it to Santa Clara small claim court to look for justice.

Elite flew somebody to the bay area from LA to attend the court. Before we stood in front of judge, a mediator talked to both of us, Elite agreed to offer $1500 plus another two-year extension of the contract. The mediator used to be a contract attorney, he said the contract would make me look really bad, because there is a “non-refundable” term, so I may leave the court without getting anything. I wanted to know what the court would do, so decided not to take that offer. The mediator was right, the court ruled that Elite did not owe me any money.

I want to say to all who have not signed Elite Personal Search’s contract, people’s complaints on this website are true. More importantly, if you sign this contract with Elite, you are throwing your money away and without getting any protection, not even from court!!! Why? Because Elite spent their money on the attorney fee to draft a contract which will NOT be reversible – UNDER ANY CONDITION.

Although I lost the case, I am glad I did it. if more people go to court and have our voices heard, it will cause Court’s attention.

MA1234123 Feb 05, 2010

And this is not a hardworking honest company - whoever wrote the rebuttal to Carren is nuts. Elite Personal is well-stocked with liars and cretins.

MA1234123 Feb 05, 2010

Please visit Elite Personal Scam blog to share your story. And please don't use this service.

• Pa
              Paul88 Jan 21, 2010

It is now apparent to me that Elite Personal Search is simply a money-making scam. I asked for a refund only after my first "match" turned out to be anything but that, fitting none of the criteria I put forth, other than the fact she was indeed, a woman. Granted, it was several days after the 3-day cancellation period when I made my first request for a refund. But I contend they broke the contract first by not finding true matches, but rather, just warm bodies. Subsequent "matches" also reflected the same. Then, phone calls placed to Steven Epstein were never returned. Disingenuous? This company should be ashamed of itself. For my part, I regret not researching this company before I signed. It took approximately two minutes on the Internet for me to realize what a sham company Elite is. So, shame on me for being a trustful person. Shame on Elite for taking advantage of trustful individuals!

Sarah579 Jun 03, 2009

Listen, I just saw this exact review on a different site. You had the user name 'hotmama' there and have a different one here. Maybe you're just lying about the whole story as someone who wants to screw the company or maybe you just used a different name for no reason. The main point is that you have some nerve going around the web just talking bad about people. This company is not a total scam and the fact that you tell people that it is, just shows how horrible you are. Why don't you do more research on this company. You'll find more good than bad.

For all you people out there, don't listen to this load of crap. Listen to this.

After my divorce three years ago, I wasn’t at all quick to get married again and was very unhappy. I tried to forget about it and move on but I was still lonely. For two years I was just trying to get back to my single life in the most mature painless way. I got over it pretty well but still wasn’t too thrilled about the possibility of me being alone forever. With that, I checked out this company after hearing from my friend about just how successful they are in setting people up with the right person. Lesa in the San Francisco office was extremely welcoming and sweet. Not in the way that gives you the impression that she was only interested in your money. That alone gave the will to sign up and pay the fee. I spoke with her for about three hours during a very comfortable interview. I told her all about my divorce, about my ex-husband and about the guy I wanted to meet. I told her about my childhood and about how I grew up. I was very surprised on how she made me feel comfortable enough to make me tell her my whole life. She even offered me coffee, cake, and other really good snacks. As I left, she patted me on the shoulder and said “I’ll find you someone whether you like it or not”. I left with a huge smile on my face.
              About a week or so later, Lesa called me with a whole list of guys she found on her records that fitted my requirements pretty well. She told me about all of them and sounded very excited for me.
              The first guy, Brian was great. He was smart, tall, dark skinned and very good looking. We had a great time but still, we weren’t for each other. Lesa called me literally the next day ready to hear the feedback. I didn’t have to hunt her down, she called me. Now that’s good service. Anyway, she set me up with three more great guys who also weren’t for me, but she was still great at finding me so many guys who were the kind of men I wanted. She did her job very well. I went out with the next guy (Gary) two weeks later and he was perfect. The date lasted seven hours. Lesa called me again the next day with great news. Apparently, he really liked me and wanted a second date. Lesa set us up again a week later. Well, the second date led to the third, the fourth, the fifth, and eventually Gary and I got married. It’s crazy how a year before all this I was going through a really hard time and didn’t want to get re-married at all. Just signing up with this company changed all that. Now I’m married to the greatest guy ever and am much happier with him than I was with my ex husband.

Again, please do your selves a favor and don't listen to "hot mama" or "carren" or whatever she want's to call herself. Don't listen to her filthy lies about good hard working and honest companies.

• Ta
              Tarom May 25, 2009

I don’t know why some people post negative reviews about this service. The fact is, is that they have nothing except good to them. The prices are kind of questionable, but everything else is amazing. I found my girlfriend with them and we’re pretty serious. I also like it that they sit with you for a few hours giving you the interview of your life. It shows how seriously they are and how much they want to satisfy their customers.

I live in Palm Springs. After speaking with Lynn, I walked out of the office with a huge smile on my face knowing that I was being taken care of. Now because her, I’m dating Ashley. She is the most incredible person I’ve ever met and it’s all thanks to Lynn. There is nothing to say but “Thanks Lynn. You rock”.

• Ca
              Carlos May 21, 2009

I have been a member of this service for the past 15 months. I originally signed up for a year service but I haven't found anyone within the year. I thought it would be best to sign up again because I did have some good luck with the dating. I met 9 girls within the year face to face and some of them actually lasted for a couple dates, one even two months. I admit that I am a difficult guy to set up (not the most main stream). They work with me, and help me make myself more dateable. They are not afraid to tell you the truth and work with people very well. The woman that they have in the service have all been suggested to me according to my specifications, and if they are not, it is only minor issues and not major ones. I feel like the service has been good to me, and the women I date also have told me that they were pleased with the service. One woman I dated wasn't pleased with the service and said I was her first date she had face to face and she can't get a good date with them. I don't blame the company for this, because I really wanted to end that date before it began. I don't see how anyone would want to date this woman. Most of the time when I read negative complaints about this service I think of this date and it reminds me that some people are just very hard to match up with to begin with. All in All I feel it is a good service, worth a second year of membership...

• Sp
              Sparky May 05, 2009

What exactly did you expect from them after through your perfect egotistic image of your self you kept on rejecting all the dates they set you up with time after time?

• In
              incagirl Feb 03, 2009

I had exactly the same experience... I handed over thousands of dollars because they assured me that if they did not have someone within their membership that matched my requirements, they would search OUTSIDE their membership. I live in Los Angeles... there are literally thousands of men within 10 miles of me, but Elite couldn't find anyone closer than 40 miles! Of course they never looked outside their membership, even though that's what I paid for! I have sent them 2 letters requesting a refund since they did not fulfill their side of the contract... so far, I have received no refund!

Elite Personal SearchFailed Performance

I am a successful, educated, beautiful woman who has difficulty meeting great men because I am a single mother who spends my time mothering. I thought that Elite would be able to help me meet men of equal caliber who met my preferences and religious requirements. My matchmaker Summer was able to set me up on a date with a very nice gentleman for my first date who I got along very well with, but later found did not meet my explicit requirements that were outlined in my matchmaking profile. Elite continued to send proposed matches of men who did not remotely meet my requests, so I questioned them again as to whether they had the men that I was looking for. Their blatant disregard of my parameters caused me to question whether there was any intention whatsoever to match me up with someone who met my criteria. I asked for a refund and they refused, and when I talked to their Director she assured me that they had many men who met my criteria. I have not received any con
            tact from them in 5 months, and believe that Elite is just a scam to collect large service fees from individuals with the intent of haphazardly throwing "matches" at them hoping something will stick.

I am a single mother who made an investment to help facilitate a dating life that would offer safety through background checks, and efficiency through effective matchmaking. What I received was a monthly payment that I have continued to pay, and the absence of any service whatsoever. I have seen several other clients mentioning working with attorneys but believe that the most effective way to battle a corporate entity with no integrity is via a combined effort class action. I would encourage anyone interested in pursuing a joint effort to contact me @ [protected]@gmail.com I just believe that if they are unwilling to offer their services, the LEAST they could do is refund money for services unrendered.

• Sh
                Shannon36535 Jun 03, 2016

You posted this crap yesterday .. are you getting paid by elite or something?

Jogginlady19 Jun 03, 2016

I read all of these complaints online, and instead decided to trust my instinct and the advice of other members who are now married.

I met with Suzie, who told me that although I was divorced and in my 40s, there was still a large dating pool available for me. After dating men on match.com I was more than ready to meet people who had been screened.

Suzie calmed my nerves and I signed the contract, which turned out to be the best thing I could have ever done because now, I am typing this in the condo I share with my husband Paul.

My matchmaker Emily told me that I needed to trust her and the process and at first I was so hesitant to go out with the guy she suggested at first. I did, and although we didn't end up dating, he really was a great guy and I started to see the problem I was having with match.com. When you hire a matchmaker they know YOU and Elite delivered on finding me 3 dates all of whom I shared much in common with.

My third date was with Paul, and we sat in at Smith and Wollensky's from 7:30 untill midnight talking and laughing. We have been inseperable since.

All of the people who complained obviously were not open to the experience. A matchmaker cannot perform miracles, they can only work with what you give them. I am so happy I worked with Elite and thank God every day for my wonderful husband.

Any nay-sayers out there can listen to my story and hopefully realize that had they given less constraints and more trust they might have found happiness too. It was the best money I have ever ever spent. Thanks so much Suzie and Emily!

• Br
                BrandonP Oct 19, 2009

This company has my full respect. Three months went by after I joined in which I did not receive a single call or e-mail. I complained to them and explained how frustrating it was to sit and wait for such a long period of time and still not see results. They told me that I was right and that they completely understand my point. I wasn’t even going to bring it up, but when they offered me a 100% refund with an additional 20% bonus for wasting my time I agreed. Two weeks later I checked my account balance and saw that a $4200 deposit was put into my account. They weren’t right for me which is ok. But what I’m really impressed with is the fact that they were honest, reliable and very professionally courteous. They offered a refund and a bonus and actually delivered without me having to harass them. You can tell that this company is run by the most amazing people who care.

• Yo
                Youwishucould Sep 19, 2009

They are a RIP off and very unprofessional. I am working on the same thing and they will go down.

• To
                TooRedPhoenix Jul 13, 2009

If they're sucha fine upstanding company then why don't they just refund my money, since they can't produce a single candidiate for me to even reject?? I suspect that Verenia, Jen and Kim may be sitting around making up pretty stories to post on this site instead of doing what we paid them to do.

Sarah579 Jun 03, 2009

Ok, now I know that you truly are lying about this company 'hotmama'. You have the same user name here and on a different site with the same garbage review. BUT, you have a different name on this page on this site than you do on a different page on this same site. You just went down ten pages in my book. YOU are a TOTAL SCAM, not the company that you accused of being. Not the company that helped me find my husband and helped thousands of other people in similar ways. You must really have no life. You SAY you spend most of your time mothering. However you probably spend all your time making up crap about different companies or even people. Then you take all your garbage and post it on the web. That's pretty low.

But I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and take your word for it that you are divorced with kids. If that's the case, then no wonder you're divorced. You're ex probably couldn't stand such a liar and a bitter person anymore so he left. Big surprise. I would've done the same thing. I was also divorced so I know it's hard but I'm not a little cry baby like you. I accepted my loss and moved on like a normal person. That's why I eventually got re-married. I'm mature and I don't have an enormous ego like you. Not only your ex husband didn't want to be with someone like you but I can see why no other normal man in the whole world would want to be with you. I pity your kids that they have a mother like you.

For anyone who wants to read my beautiful story, please go to the other page where the liar above posted her lie.

• Le
                LeeWong May 25, 2009

I’m so happy I finally decided to walk into the Phoenix office. Gia was very nice and VERY polite. It’s not easy to just meet some stranger and give them a two hour interview about the person’s life and background. Gia made it look very simple. I’ve never been this happy with any other service at this price.

About a week and a half later, Gia called me with a few different girls for me to date. All of them were amazing and in terms of ideas, likes and dislikes but still weren’t marriage material for me. The last girl however, was the one girl I never thought I could get. She was too perfect. Now she’s my wife.

This is my advice to anyone out there who wants a serious relationship. Check this company out ASAP. You won’t be disappointed.

• Ca
                Carlos May 21, 2009

• Sp
                Sparky May 05, 2009

Sorry it did not work for you but it for most of the members I know, maybe the issue is with you. From your review it sounds like you were too picky, that what happens when you stay locked up in the home with the kids for too long, you gain childish expectations. Stop belittling a great company.