Researchanyone.com Complaints & Reviews

Researchanyone.com — They Refuse to Refund my Payment

No one ever answers the phone. No one replies to the support tickets. There is no way to tell if the support...

Researchanyone.comdoes not work, do no answer telephone for customer service, do not respond to emails

I signed up for this companies services on 9-22-13. the website does not work, I cant look up information or phone numbers as they said, after collecting for a years fee. They are a scam I believe, they do not answer their telephone, and do not respond to emails!
Can I get some help on this? Please respond to terrie humphre, [protected]@gmail.com phone [protected] I think they are suppose to send you a code via email, for the paid members section, but they never did.

Researchanyone.comfalse charges to paypal

[protected]@msn.com: I recieved an email from paypal, noting a charge of 219.00++ dollars on my paypal from researchAnyone:
Not my name. Item # [protected]. #[protected].
ID 5422154666FG486722N. I will call my credit card company.
I could not get into the Paypal web. site to contest this problem, due to the need to have A LOT of my personal information be fore sending in the complaint. Possible, false website, to get information from me in an unsafe net. address for paypal.

Researchanyone.comUnauthorized credit card charge

Unauthorized Credit Card charge. You will remove immediately. I refuse to give my Credit card Pin Number to resolve this online. I will expect a response within 48 Hours. It took less then 24 for this to be sent to me. Legal action is my fore front choice of action. If this is not resolved in the time alloted and happens in the future, I will proceed with legal action for unauthorize charges.

Transaction ID: 20433666FG486722N‏
From: PayPal ([protected]@PayPal.Inc.com)
This message may be a phishing scam. Learn more
Sent: Sun 5/31/09 11:03 AM
To:

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $119.95 USD using PayPal.

Total: $119.95 USD

Contact E-Mail: [protected]@researchanyone.com

Paypal Email ID PP344

• Ab
    Abril Jun 01, 2009

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "Unauthorized credit card charge" to our http://www. creditca-rd.info. You can check the inclusion of the post, Visit http://www.creditca-rd.info/story.php?title=unauthorized-credit-card-charge/ We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.

Warm Regards

Credit car-d Team

Researchanyone.comfalse ccharge, scam

I received these emails:

<<Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $190.95 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".

the second charge was for 19.95 on Dec. 28, amount: 19.95, it said: your bill as "PAYPAL *RESEARCHANY".>>

Please reimburse these false charghes, researchanyone is using Paypal to scam your customers

Savvysav May 31, 2009

Yeah I get these emails all the time except I don't even have a credit card on paypal..

e-mail:

Total: $119.95 USD

Contact E-Mail: [email protected]

Receipt Number: 0010-8715-4422-2518

Note:

If you haven't authorized this charge, click the link below to dispute transaction
    and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
    PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
    in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
    Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
    of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from ResearchAnyone.com or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, ResearchAnyone.com at [email protected]

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

Please do not reply to this email. Email sent to this address cannot be answered.

PayPal Email ID PP344

Researchanyone.com — received an email saying my paypal account has been charged $219.95 for ResearchAnyone.com

I received an email stating that my credit card has been charged(via Paypal) $219.95 for Expert Detective...

Researchanyone.com — Nancy L Cornell

I am constantly being sent emails about this person charging money to reaserchanyone.com. I do not even have...

Researchanyone.com — I did not place this charge

Below is the email that I received and I do not know nor have I purchased this service. Unable to access the...

Researchanyone.comComprehensive Expert Detective Informational Software

I am disputing this transaction that I NEVER made and it say I made through paypal under Nancy L Cornell.

Total: $19.95 USD
Receipt Number: [protected]

This I NEVER purchased and I am NOT Nancy L Cornell.

• Ca
    Caroline F DiGeorge Aug 12, 2008

I am complaining because I do not use Pay Pal and do not wish to use it.
    Transaction ID 20133666FG486722N
    Total $189.95 USD
    Product #922-116
    Buyer John Angels

I did not authorize this purchase and do not use Pay Pal to pay anything.
    I have reported this transaction to Pay Pal and to the US Government.

• Do
    Donald Smith Aug 13, 2008

I received a disturbing E-mail stating I used Pay Pal to purchase a pp 344 for $ 189.95. which I did not and don't even know what it is, I'm going to cancel my pay pal account due to similar problems weekly.

Donald Smith

• Ga
    Gail McFarland Aug 13, 2008

You both recieved a phishing scam email from someone trying to steal your paypal account information. Paypal nor ResearchAnyone.com has anything to do with this email, and neither one of them charged you anything.

I received a similar email and I get them on a regular basis . DO NOT click on the links in the email and provide any information because you will get taken to the cleaners if you do. If you feel it is a legitimate email, open up a browser window and login to your paypal account to verify.

• De
    deborah jarvis Aug 13, 2008

I also received an e-mail from Pay-Pal stating that $189.95 would
    be coming out of my account. The company: Research Anyone
    ID#20433666FG486722N
    Item#922-116
    Buyer: John Angels
    I am reporting this to Pay Pal and will probably cancel my
    account.

• Cj
    CJP Aug 14, 2008

I get them all the time. I do not understand why Pay Pal cannot do anything. I will not use my account until this is closed. I just blocked them from my e-mail

It is tiring to say the least.

SANFORD MOSLEY Aug 19, 2008

I am not associated with PayPal and certainly didn't authorize any purchases with or thru them. I am associated with "PayDotCom" but that is not the same people.

• St
    Stephanie Riggle Sep 22, 2008

Here is the email sent to me. I haven't used paypal since 2000. What should I do?

Dear PayPal Member,

This email confirms that you have paid ResearchAnyone.com $169.95 USD using PayPal.

Total: $169.95 USD

Contact E-Mail: [email protected]

Receipt Number: 0010-8715-4422-2518

Note:

and get full refund

Dispute transaction (Encrypted Link )

*SSL connection:
    PayPal automatically encrypts your confidential information
    in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure
    Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length
    of 128-bits (the highest level commercially available)

Thank you for using PayPal!
    The PayPal Team

PayPal Email ID PP344

###########################################This message has been scanned by F-Secure Anti-Virus for Microsoft Exchange.For more information, connect to http://www.f-secure.com/ No message is selected
    Click any message to view it in the reading pane. Attachments, pictures, and links from unknown senders are blocked to help protect your privacy and safety.

• Wa
    walter crowder Oct 30, 2010

recieved notice of charges on my paypal account not from me

Researchanyone.comSite is deceptive, will not honor guarantee

ResearchAnyone.com
www.researchanyone.com

Researchanyone.com claims that with the lifetime membership that you purchase, you will be entitled to "unlimited background checks", they offer a "guarantee", but when you actually pay for their services, (they only accept paypal) they give you is a username and a password to their site that links you to other sites (all of the ones i tried were paid sites!)

Well, unlike their site insinuates, all they do is give you a list of resources that link you to other sites - every time i tried to conduct the background check i needed - i was linked to another site where i was required to sign up for their services too, for more money to get the information i was looking for.

I tried several times to conduct a background check, and every link sent me to another paid site - asking for more money, their "lifetime membership does not cover the actual background check as it implies, it only gives you links to other sites!

If you actually pay to use their site, you have clearly been looking at all of the other sites that cost money for investigative resources, you already have the resources they are linking you to!! Most of the links i was directed to were to intelius - a paid site that charges $50.00+ for 1 background check...

After paying for researchanyone.com i immediately contacted them to request a refund, which was absolutely denied.

They mention some sort of guarantee, but clearly have not intention of honoring it.

They only accept paypal, and after filing a chargeback with paypal immediately after realizing i made a mistake in trusting this company, which was literally within minutes of purchasing this worthless lifetime membership -

Both the company and paypal refused a refund...

This was paypal's response to the misleading site:

As stated in our user

Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund.

Researchanyone.com does not accept any other form of payment that i could find, so you have absolutely no protection - for your purchase. They have this figured out that once they have you baited in, because they only accept paypal, they will never have to refund your money under any circumstances.

Researchanyone.com does not provide a telephone number, or address to resolve any customer service issues.

Researchanyone.com hides their url under a blind domain name company so that they cannot be contacted.

Researchanyone.com is a misleading site, that has zero customer service, and all they care about is getting your money.

I wish this information was made public before i invested in this worthless company.

Buyer beware!

• Ci
    Cindy Lancaster Nov 05, 2007

CIS is similar. They are a rip-off! You can find more info on people by taking your time and research the web. It is a shame that these companies are allowed to continue in this fashion.

• Re
    ResearchAnyone.com Dec 19, 2007

This guy says that ResearchAnyone.com offers no customer service, yet he states he wrote to them and they responded. Not all of the resources in the members area cost more as he implies. Also, he forgot to mention, as clearly stated on the "WHY US" page, there are fee based resources that are optional to use, you don't have to. There are plenty of free resources if you take time to look. As anyone knows, Paypal is a major credit card processor and has over 100 MILLION members worldwide and accepts all forms of payment and checks. You don't even have to be a member of Paypal to order from ResearchAnyone.com. Buyer also failed to mention he used the service and then tried to return something in which he already used and is a digital product, which we all know can't be returned, also failed to mention he only paid $19.95 for a lifetime membership.
    ResearchAnyone.com is less than half the cost of all the other similar sites, and you do get unlimted self serve background checks by using the resources in their members area.

Clearly, what is stated above is nothing more than slanderous.

Jack Downey Jan 01, 2008

I think that this company is a total ripoff. Shame on PayPal for not standing behind there customers and cancell the invoices. These are the types of companies that make the internet have such a bad name and make people like us, back away from doing business with such.

Very, Very Dissatisfied, and please no one else make the same mistake.

Jack Downey, Jan.1, 2008

(BUYER BEWARE) (BUYER BEWARE) (BUYER BEWARE)

• Na
    Nancy Funa Jan 11, 2008

I wish I had read all this before I paid for this site - (within an hour ago). I used to have Net Detective and although that's not the greatest, it's 150 percent better than this one -

• Ju
    Julie Jan 13, 2008

I also wish that I would have read all this before I paid for this site. It only took me about 10 minutes to realize that they were only sending me to other links that cost more money.!! Do not waste your time or money with ResearchAnyone.com.

• Ji
    jimmy sands Feb 12, 2008

I disagree with these postings. I signed up with this site and found a lot of info about my former roomate that i never knew existed.

Yes, there were some resources in the members area that cost more money to use. But it did say this on their site and it is the same with GovRecords, NetDetective, PeopleSearch, etc. At least ResearchAnyone was cheap!

I was able to verfiy his social, pull a credit report, and background info with his criminal records from their members area for free. Perhaps you guys didn't take time to look. There are many pages of resources in their members section. It took me some time to navigate but eventually i found it was WELL WORTH IT! A lot better than those other JUNK sites...