Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions Complaints & Reviews

Phoenix Remanufactured TransmissionsWill not refund my core charge

I purchased a rebuilt transmission from this company on January 8, 2007. I paid for this purchase with my VISA card. It included a $350 core charge. Although they said the transmission would arrive in 3-5 days, the transmission didn't arrive until January 22, 2007. Although I could have installed this myself, in order to keep the 48 month warranty I paid $475 for, I had to have the transmission installed by a professional shop. I did so, and got my truck out of the shop on January 25. That day, I sent the core back to them. To date, I have not received my core charge refund. I have had countless phone conversations in which I was assured that my refund was in the mail. This company obviously has no intention of refunding my money.

Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions — Bad product and REALLY bad customer service

I've been stuck in a PRT nightmare since Feb. 6, 2017! It took two BBB complaints to get the owner to...

Phoenix Remanufactured TransmissionsWill not refund my core

Phoenix hard parts employs nothing but liars. They will not refund your core. They have told me on the phone for the last 4 months that everything was fine on my core and I should receive my check any time now. They will only let you leave messages for Sheila, the accountant, or Frank, the owner and neither will ever return a phone call. Not to mention the fact that they took 6 weeks to ship my transmission that was an in stock item and sent it with no bell housing or tail shaft when they told me it would have all the parts. These people are snakes and there is an especially hot place in *** designated for them.

• Da
    davodavo Jun 14, 2008

I cannot say enough bad things about Phoenix Hardparts aka Silverado Transmissions aka Phoenix Remanufactured Transmissions. Lousy product (remanufactured transmissions), appalling customer service, dishonest, more than happy to nail their customers.

Do not give them your money under any conditions.

Specific issues -- please use google to find wide confirmation of these patterns over years!

- I bought their deluxe extended warranty

- They promised transmission in 7-10 days.

- They couldn't find transmission to ship it on time

- They later claimed that the transmission was in dyno-test

- They later claimed they had to re-rebuild the tranny.

- Eventually they shipped defective transmission, plus it wasn't even the right kind for my car.

- Their delay cost me an extra $400 in car rental

- They authorized warranty repair of transmission to make it work in my car

Finally, the tranny is in the car after a month. Whoops: their transmission didn't work much better than the old one...but it was clear they didn't know how to do any better. I can live with it, long enough to sell the car (wasn't my plan, but is now...). Shifts roughly in forward and reverse, makes constant whirring noise.

I tried to ship old transmission back to them to get my $750 core exchange refund.

- they "couldn't find" a shipping authorization form for a week. they clearly didn't want me to ship it back

- finally, they let me ship it back

- they didn't respond to dozens of phone calls and emails

- they initially denied having received the core

- I filed a protest with my credit card dispute organization

- Phoenix gave the credit card company lots of misleading and erroneous info to confuse / delay the process

- eventually they admitted to having received the transmission months ago but whoops: it couldn't be rebuilt (so sorry, no refund!)

>>>>The transmission I sent them was nearly as functional as the one they sent me after rebuilding. All forward gears had been running properly, smooth shifting, no slippage or noise. Their claim was that the "overdrive set" was destroyed so the tranny couldn't be rebuilt. In fact, the overdrive set and everything else they claimed was un-rebuildable were fully functional. My mechanic wrote a letter attesting to this.

They never paid the transmission core exchange fee. time ran out with the credit card dispute.

- They also refused to pay the warranty coverage for the work I had done. Note that even if they had paid, the coverage would only be paying $260 out of a $750 charge.

Bottom line, this "$1200" transmission ended up costing me over $3500 in direct and consequential damages, all for a tranny that now doesn't shift properly and makes noise.

I'm sorry I ever thought of doing business with this company. If you want to know more, just reply to this and hopefully I can post more details.

• Di
    dingusdorfus Jun 17, 2008

Totally agree with the above. If anyone would like to start a class action against this company, let me know. If anyone of you are from the Phoenix area, please let me know as I may need your help when we go to court as a witness against these crooks.
    Can anyone help me please?

• Sp
    Spas Nov 24, 2008

They are terrible to work with. I bought a transmission and they send me the wrong torque converter. It took 2 weeks to get the right converter back then when I send the core back for refund they told me I needed to wait 30 days. After day 10 their phone lines were disconnected and I could no longer get a hold of anyone. I never received my core refund back, had to get it form my credit card company through a merchant dispute but I'm worried about the warranty they gave me since they are obviousley not in buisness anymore.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices