MVQ Complaints & Reviews

MVQThis is a scam!

I saw an add for a free credit report. Once I got into the sign up process, it said it would cost me $1. I thought that was ok, but then I got to the Terms and Conditions and read that I was signing up for a free trial for $1 and that until I canceled, I would be charged monthly for the service. I did not complete the registration and also did a followup call to make sure I was canceled. They said I was canceled and would not be charged the $1. Then, a week later, I get a $19.95 charge on my checking account. When I called them they said that I didn't cancel within the 7 days. This place is nothing but a ripoff and scam!

• Ka
    Katsny Jun 27, 2012

I too thought I was getting a FREE credit report but was told to pay $1 for this FREE report. Also, that I needed to cancel before 7 days or I will be billed $19.95. Missed that open window and was charged $19.95. What with LOTS of family emergencies, I called on the tenth day. Was told I could have the dollar back but for the rest of the $19.95 they would have to send the request to be evaluated. Guess what? No return of the $19.95. Been back and forth dealing with family stuff and now realize that I have been billed last four months for the $19.95. Called number showing on my bank statement and it was MVQ Credit Adapter. This number was to a recording asking me for more information (which I did not give) I just held on the phone and after about five minutes a live person was on the line. First she told me that my husband had signed up for the service is why it went through our account. Trouble is my husband is not on the card, account or anything so I was curious as to how his name got involved. Told her to cancel and requested refund for last few months. First she said she could only cancel it. I explained nicely that I had canceled it in March to check their recorded phone calls. So she recited that they do record for quality purposes. Any way after much argument she said she would cancel and the $19.95 would be back in my account in three business days. Told her to also write a note that I was reporting them as a scam, but she said she didn't have a place to write that. So I hung up...

MVQDebit card withdrawal unauthorized

On December 16 2010 a charge was put on my debit card for $19.95 and again on January 17 2011 a second charge was put on my debit card for $19.95. I did not authorize this. I do not know anything about this company and have never signed up for anything like this. The only information I have about this company is what the bank has told me.

MVQFraudulent charges on credit card

We found two charges on our Credit Card, one for a credit check and the other for a shopping club. The charges were
for 1 and 2 dollars. We had not made these charges ourselves, we called MVQ and the person that answered refused to
identify their company and tried to get more information from us as to who we were. We called our credit card company and with moderate difficulty had them reverse the charges. This is not a legitimate company they sell nothing
and are in the business - so to speak - of making fraudulent charges on peoples credit cards.

MVQFRAUDULENT CHARGES

I recently was looking at my account and noticed that 29.95 was taken off by mvq.
I called immediatly to resolve matter and said they would refund my account since I never made these charges come to find they did credit me but took it back for some identity account which I never applied for or heard of. I spoke to a supervisor about my dilema ans said he would refund all back into my account. I never signed up for this and if I dont recieve my funds im going to the attorney generals office. No one person or company has the rite to do it and if I do not see the refund ill go right above their heads its my money not theres. Fraud fraud fraud and the state of connetic should really put a stop to this. Im not taking this laying down no one should its hard life for most now so mvq you will be hearing from me. Trust and believe that if all is not rectified

MVQ — Sneaky ###

This is very close to a full-on scam with the guise of being legitimate. They offer a 7 day trial for an...

MVQCHARGES

I was looking over my bank statements and saw charges 4 times a month from a company called MVQ, each for the amount oof $29.95!!! When i looked more closely they had been charging us for 2 months now. I had not seen the charges when I had looked online at our bank statements that past several months. I contacted our bank first, because I didn't know "who" this company was. Our bank looked it up and said they had actually been sending charges for 6 months!!! I told my bank that I never authorized these payments and that they needed to remove them immediately. They said they would begin the investigation. I AM IRATE THAT THESE COMPANIES ARE ALLOWED TO TAKE MONEY FROM OUR ACCOUNTS WITHOUT OUR AUTHORIZATION.

• Fe
    Fezz Jun 20, 2010

I have the same problem that I am going to discuss with my bank company tomorrow, wicked that I ended up viewing this on the home page. I told them to stop the payments with the team I was training with, and they continued to find excuses until one time I demanded to have my money returned and they haven't replied. I'm expected to call my branch tomorrow and stop this and/or get a new card. Money is hard to come by now a days!!

Joseph A. Vanchieri, Sr. Oct 26, 2010

I sent an e-mail yesterday, Oct 25, to cancel my subscription and was promised a reply. I have not heard from anyone, up to this point. Please giveme the status on my subscription. Thank You, Joseph A. Vanchieri, Sr. ([email protected]) Further, I never got my Credit Sc0re.

Joseph A. Vanchieri, Sr. Oct 26, 2010

As stated above, I sent an e-mail on Oct 25th, 2010, to cancel my subscription. I was promised a reply, but never got one. I want to know my status with you. Also, I never got my credit score.

Joseph A. Vanchieri, Sr. Oct 26, 2010

Normally, I am a very patient person. At this point I'm becoming a bit irritated. Please advise me just what you want.

I am Neutral.

Joseph A. Vanchieri, Sr. Oct 26, 2010

Just how many times do I have to make a comment?

Joseph A. Vanchieri, Sr. Oct 26, 2010

Forhet about it, I'll see my Lawyer.

JaynPop Jun 10, 2011

This MVQ charged me without me ordering or authrorizing any duduction from my checking. I need this matter looked into and resolved. Will report to comsummer affairs.

MVQFraudulent Charges!!!

I opened my Discover statement yesterday and found 2 charges from a company I hadn't ever heard of. Both were MVQ something---the first charge was for $29.95 and the second was $24.95. I called to complain and sat on hold FOREVER! Then I called my credit card company and filed a fraud report. The agent on the phone told me that she saw 2 more charges that were on my next statement! I never signed up for anything from these people! How did they get my c.card info?? I am so mad and my husband is going to be freaking out!! I currently have 4 cases against these scammers and according to the Discover rep. I can't stop them from future charges! I guess that I don't have any choice but to cancel my card and get a new one with a different number. ***Why hasn't the Better Business Bureau stopped this company already??

• Wr
    wrootsinc Feb 28, 2011

I experienced the same frustration when I realized these recurrent payments were being charged to my debit card. I canceled the card at Bank of America and then was transferred to the claims department. The BOA representative very professionally called MVQ Shopping Essentials and conferenced me in. The first MVQ representative was able to offer one month's refund, and then the BOA rep asked if it were possible to speak with her supervisor to see if more charges could be refunded. The MVQ supervisor could not have been nicer and promptly agreed to refunding a full year, the extent of the charges in the BOA records at hand. I have no memory of signing up for MVQ membership, but this is apparently offered at the end of some checkout processes as a trial membership with the need to cancel if you do not wish to continue beyond the "free month" or whatever. These are the kinds of things to be careful for when making purchases online! My BOA rep said it is easier to get a positive response if you work through your bank, as I did; she said the companies are usually more cooperative than if the customer simply makes the call him- or herself. Hope this helps!

• Ih
    IHateRipoffs Feb 28, 2011

The BBB does nothing to protect consumers. They are not the champion of the people that they claim to be they have no authority and are on the side of the business not the consumer. You are better off filing a complaint with the disrict attorney and the FTC and FBI.

MVQCredit card abuse, unfair business practices

This site billed us on 6 consecutive months, 2 billings per month in the amount of 19.95. They were difficult to track down and seems that they were somehow automatically generated when my husband signed up for Classmates.com. We were able to get 3 months refunded so far, and will continue pushing for the additional three months. Please be very wary when visiting classmates.com and view each screen carefully to see that you havent inadvertently signed up for something you have no use for.

MVQCREDIT CARD FRAUD

I do not know who these people are and have not idea where they found my credit card #. I know that they withdrew $25. + dollars from my credit card.

• St
    Stella100 Jan 13, 2013

I have no idea what this company is but they charged $22.54 to my credit card as well. Definitely without my permission

• St
    Stella100 Jan 13, 2013

I am very disappointed that my credit card was used without my permission.

manondaigle Mar 12, 2013

I am also very mad with the fact that MVQ under two different names *athome and galleria* have been taking payments from my capitol 1 card without my submission of card and the worst is capitol 1 said they are business partners and a dispute file cannot be submitted????? I strongly believe they are the source of these scams and someone needs to look into it further.
    [email protected]

• Da
    Darci66 Apr 16, 2013

Hi, I too have been seeing 2 monthly withdraws from my M.C. account. The fellow I spoke with said he was a 3rd party, if this has been an issue for any length of time, it is true there should be a Huge Red Flag when the credit card companies see these names come through. He told me I must have bought something over the phone, and used my card #, not likely. I've been nailed for $120.00, so now I guess I wait and see what happens next month, wish me luck.

• Po
    PoodieMama May 28, 2013

I have had the same problem with these companies charging my credit card for $22.54 and $19.95. I called them and they said I had authorized this was had been sent out gift cards and certificates (NOT!) . I am thinking they got my # from something I had ordered online from another company. I complained to the credit card company and they are looking at them for fraud but they couldn't reverse the first two charges to my card...so I'm stuck. I ended up changing my card # which was a severe hassle as I had several pre-authorized payments. What a scam.

• Ca
    Cassie R Jun 06, 2013

I was looking over my Capital one stmt and found 2 charges to two different companies through these people. I have no idea where they got the card number and certainly did not have my permission to use it. I had to phone them to find out who they are and what they do. I had never herd of Galleria nor Athome. I called and they reversed one of the charges but I am still out money!!!

• Ki
    kittykat123 Sep 07, 2013

hi, , I ALSO HAVE BEEN DUPED BY A COMPANY CALLED GALLERIA FOR 22.50 THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZE, , , I WANT MY MONEY BACK, , , AND I WANT THEM CHARGED WITH FRAUD, , , , I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE!!

MVQCharges on my credit card

I noticed two charges on my Amazon credit card today for $19.95 with the only description of "MVQ". Not having authorized these charges, I called my credit card company only to find they have been charging my credit card $19.95 twice a month for the last four months. (Yes, I need to start reviewing my statements closer). I called Amazon and spoke with the fraud department, and they are crediting my account for these charges and issuing me a new credit card. The gentleman I spoke with is also alerting other major credit card companies. How MVQ obtained my credit card number is beyond me. I would love to see this company put out of business, but like many of these fraudulant companies, they just open up again under another name. Disgusting.

MVQMVQ - spendonlife.com

Found charges of 29.95 for the past 6 months on my bank statement. Called the MVQ company, and they claim that the charge was derived from someone in my home going on "spendonlife.com" and clicking on an offer for identity protection. The problem is no one in my household ever did this. I do not know how they got my bank card number. Also, they immediately reimbursed me for the entire 6 months, without any questions. Wow! I believe that an attorneys general should look into this company. After all, if they just take money from people's bank accounts and then just say sorry and give the money back if they caught...that's not a bad business, especially if they can average a 6 month floator better, like they got in my case.
I guess I better start reading my bank statements every month. Yikes...

AVOID WEBSITE: spendonlife.com

MVQScam

I also have no idea hwo these people got my credit card. We are being charged 14.95. think it is funny how on their website they expect you not to know who they are. The first thing you see on their website is explaining if you found a MVQ charge on your bil...etc, etc..I now have to go back over my statements as I am not aware if this is the first time they are charging me. I will also be reporting this to the BBB. If you need my signature for your letter to CT let me know!

MVQUnautherized charges

Bank account has been overdrawed for last two months. Got printout from bank and found out that mvq has been charging my account 29.95 each month, plus 1.00 and also they have charged something to me (I don't know what) for 29.80 just now found it online and ask them to cancel immed. I am on s. S. And need every penny i have. I did not ask for this, don' want this. Whatever it is. I would also like to know how i can go about getting them to refund my money. So far they have charged me 90 some odd dollars without my ok and i need my money back. Thank you.

MVQ — Never signed up for this fraud charges

Debit Card Withdrawal MVQ*CLUBSAVE [protected] CT Debit Card Withdrawal MVQ*PRIVACYMID [protected] CT Debit...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices