Living Media India Limited Complaints & Reviews

Living Media India Limited — FALSE ASSURANCE OF FREE GIFT

I subscribed for INDIA TODAY for 1 year.While enrolling they promised me to send me ADIDAS TRAVEL BAG as a...

Living Media India LimitedLiving Media India Limited in dubious business

24-03-2010
Dear Sir / Madam,

This is to inform you that on Telemarketing I was called by the caller on my mobile that he is calling from M/s. Living Media India Limited (Living Media India Limited is a media conglomerate based in New Delhi the publisher of India Today) and on a lucky draw by India Today Book Club, among 50, 000 people only 5 persons have been selected for a Home Theatre System of Philips (model 0022) (DVD with USB port with Recording facility) worth Rs. 7598 including a Reebok classic wrist watch worth Rs. 2599, 2 days free stay and any five star hotels in any place in India including a gift voucher from Suraj diamond & jewelers’ worth Rs. 20000. I am also one of the lucky winners. Due to my bad luck I booked and made the payment of Rs. 7598 via Telephone through my ICICI credit card on [protected]. Booking ID was [protected]. I was assured that the product will reach within 3 days. After a few hours I was again called by the same caller with a new offer of another product i.e Samsung cell phone worth Rs. 21, 000/- in Rs. 13798/- along with so many free offers but fortunately I was not having balance / limit in my credit card and hence I decline the offer.

On [protected] through ARAMEX Courier I received the Shipment No. [protected] from Living Media India Limited. I was shocked to see the Philips DVD player is of DVP 3316 model without USB port and without recording facility. Philips Home theatre is DSP-2500 and highly substandard Reebok watch – I166313. I believe Chinese watch of Rs. 150 is far better than this watch. I have not been given 2 days free stay at any five star hotels in any place in India including a gift voucher from Suraj diamond & jewelers’ worth Rs. 20000.

Having regard to the nature and circumstances of the case, I am of the view that either M/s Living Media India Limited or the suppliers of the Reebok watches or the concerned intermediaries have involved in dubious business to throw the dust into the eyes of the public for pecuniary gains.

I shall be grateful, if the concerned authorities intervene and do the needful in the matter at the earliest.

Thanking you Sir,

Indresh Chandra Kala
1581, Laxmibai Nagar,
New Delhi – 110023
Email: [protected]@yahoo.com

Copy to : M/s. Living Media India Limited / India Today Book Club,

Living Media India LimitedNON RECEIPT OF ORDERED PRODUCT

DEAR SIR/MADAM,

THIS IS TO INFORM YOU THAT I BOOKED A HOME THEATRE SYSTEM OF PHILIPS WORTH RS.7598(including gift voucher from suraj diamond jewellers worth RS.20000) ON 8TH FEBRUARY WITH LIVING MEDIA INDIA LIMITED(Living Media India is a media conglomerate based in New Delhi, India.Living Media India Limited is the publisher of India Today).I WAS INFORMED BY THE CALLER THAT HE IS CALLING FROM INDIA TODAY.THE PHONE NUMBER IS [protected].I MADE THE PAYMENT VIA TELEPHONE THROUGH MY ICICI BANK CREDIT CARD.I WAS ASSURED THAT THE PRODUCT WILL REACH WITHIN 7 DAYS.

I WAS AGAIN CALLED BY THE SAME CALLER FEW DAYS BACK WITH A NEW OFFER OF ANOTHER PRODUCT.BUT UNFORTUNATELY TO MY SURPRISE, WHEN I ENQUIRED ABOUT THE DELIVERY OF THE HOME THEATRE THE PHONE WAS DISCONNECTED.THE DETAILS OF THE TRANSACTION IS GIVEN BELOW:-
PHILIPS HOME THEATRE BOOKING ID-[protected]
JWELLERY BOOKING ID-IB405608997
CREDIT CARD PAYMENT REFERENCE NUMBER-74678720039026305135070

• On
    online support Aug 05, 2010

Dear Sir

We have come across your on line complaint on <consumer complaints.in>

We have gone through your complaint, we would like to inform you that your order has been dispatched from our end under the consignment number-43588767843 through BLUEDART courier on 30-MAR-2010. Kindly expect the delivery in 1 to 2 week from the date of dispatch. If you fail to receive your order in the given time frame kindly get back to us.

We value your association with India Today Book Club and thank you for your patronage & co-operation.

For any further query or assistance please feel free to write us on [email protected]

or call us at 011-40502424.

We would request you to kindly mention this subject: ONLINE COMPLAINTS whenever you e-mail us for quicker response.

Thanks & Regards,
    Team,
    Bag It Today.

• On
    online support Aug 19, 2010

The complaint made by Mr. Swapan has been resolved. If you have any further queries, please mail back to us on our given id:

or call us at 011-40502424.

Thanks & Regards,
    Team,
    Bag It Today.

Living Media India LimitedReceipt of unordered books!

With reference to the above subject, I have received 3 books through VPP which were not ordered by me. I have paid as per the invoice. On inquiry, I had sent the books back to Living Media India Limited, New Delhi on September 29, 2007, for which I was told that I will be reimbursed with the money.

So far (November 5, 2007), I haven't received any payment.

Gopi.

• Ki
    Kishore Apr 07, 2008

The postman approached me with a parcel that costs above rs 500. Thanks for posting your experience, I am asking them to return it to the sender.

Kishore

Anuradha Mathur Sep 17, 2008

I am making a complaint. This has reference No. EPP/VPP/274792 AMOUNT PAID BY US is Rs. 603
    ITBCO 8576847
    addressed to Mr. Krishna Menon
    Godfrey Phillips India Limited
    42 Community Cebtre, New Friends Colony
    New Delhi - 110025

We were told that this was personal for Mr. Krishna Menon - our VP International. Since he was busy in a meeting we accepted the same and gave Rs. 603 to the bearer. Later we came to know that Mr. Menon had not at all made any such order. Please let us know how we can get back our money. We have not ordered any book and do not need this book.
    Hoping for a favourable reply from a company of your repute.

Anuradha Mathur
    (from Mr. Menon's office)

• Ra
    RAMESH R Oct 01, 2008

my id itbc08565067 i am only pay Rs 599/- scheme. But my credit depeat Rs 2599/- How to passible ? And only recieved some papers only

• Su
    Sunny Waghle May 18, 2009

YES IT IS RIGHT THE COMPANY HAS CHEATED ME BY TAKING RS 400 FROM MY CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT FOR NOTHING I HAVE PURCHASED FROM THIS COMPANY
    I WANT TO TAKE SERIOUS ACTION AGAINST THIS COMPANY AS THE LIVING INDIA COMPANY IS FRAUD & HACKER TOO

• Ms
    M.Shekar Jun 22, 2011

Sir,
    On 21 Jun 2011, I received VPP packet, as I already filled up the attached coupon in the previous "Readers Digest". On receipt of VPP, I paid an amount of Rs.472/- (Rupees Four Hundred Seventy Two only) to the Postman, thinking that my subscription and the Ist copy of RD. On opening the parcel, I saw a book of "Invincible Thinking" & nothing else even my SUBSCRIPTION NUMBER.
    I expected atleast one covering letter from M/s.Living Media India Ltd.., along with the subscription details & the validity date details.
    BUT, to my surprise nothing of that sort was done.
    Your early action in this subject will be highly appreciated.
    Warm Regards,
    M.Shekar

• Ms
    M.Shekar Jun 22, 2011

Sir,
    Kindly refer to my just above complaint
    M.Shekar

Living Media India Limited — Unsolicited VPP!

Living Media India Limited has sent me a VPP parcel and I am supposed to pay Rs. 525 at post office to...

Living Media India Limited — Books delivered not the same as ordered

I ordered three books on the net through India Today Book Club on 31st May 2007 . I have received three book...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices