Kohler Complaints & Reviews

KohlerBidet design

Kohler has changed the design of its bidet so that only kohler bidet faucets work properly with the bidet. The normal configuration of a bidet provides for the vacuum breaker to be mounted behind the transfer valve. Accordingly, i purchased a grohe bidet faucet which matched the other grohe faucets in my bathroom. My plumber discovered that the only way to make the faucet work on the bidet is to mount it incorrectly making it difficult to use. After writing to kohler they provided the following:
"kohler bidets are designed to use combination transfer valves / vacuum breakers, therefore locked into that type of faucet. It is not required to install a kohler faucet, however it is recommended;. Kohler does not test our bidet with competitor’s faucets. However, through additional inspection and research, we have discovered that the grohe bidet faucets are not compatible with kohler bidets. "
Kohler has offered to sell me its faucet for 50% off. The price of the faucet that matches the other faucets is $2200. So it will cost me over $1, 000 for the kohler faucet plus the cost of the grohe faucet or almost $700 plus the cost of the plumber to uninstall the grohe and reinstall the kohler product.
Kohler should advise their dealers of this problem. I went to two large plumbing supply houses and neither one knew this. Let the consumer beware!!

Respond

KohlerVery poor product

I have purchased a Sauna/Steamer Shower from Kohler when I built my new house in 2000. Steamer location was predrilled from the factory and I see shower cracked badly underneath the Steamer. I have many Kohler products in my house and I am very disappointed in Kohler who refuses to take care of the problem and honour the warranty on this product.I have reviewed other customer complaints and it appears that once the product is sold, manufacturers do not take any responsibility for replacing these defective merchandise.This was a very expensive shower/sauna and its been a long struggle to have Kohler honour their warranty. It is a very poor product and I will not recommend anybody to purchase Sauna/Shower from Kohler.

Respond

KohlerCommode does not empty at times when you flush!

Purchased a Kohler toilet and sink last year. The toilet is K-4609-AA, 1.6 GPL. From the beginning every approximately two weeks to a month, when we flushed, the commode would not empty. We have had plumbers out a number of times and they replaced all the flushing mechanisms and rotor routed everything. When the commode backs up, everything else drains. The last two plumbers told me the problem was in the unit itself. The last one had 25 years experience and stated that he has seen this type problem with some kohler toilets before.

2 Responses
        • Tr
          trinnn Nov 18, 2009

As soon as you go to court, Kohler will contact you for the settlement. Myself have the same experience

• Tr
          trinn Mar 24, 2009

I bought two Kohler's shower units, one of them was leaking after installation. Plumber find the defect of the product. When I report my case to Kohler, they denied and denied, no duty at all for their products. Should I go to court for them and how?