King Surplus Complaints & Reviews

King SurplusCredit Card Fraud

I purchased an aluminum table from them. They only use a shipping company called ITSFREIGHT. However, they don't tell you that when they get your freight payment, they turn around and give your credit card information to ITSFREIGHT.

The table I purchased was completely damaged. ITSFREIGHT told me that since I purchased the table on ebay, they don't cover damages. King Surplus won't take responsibility, as they say it was the shipping company, even though the item was packaged wrong.

A mess and I'm out almost $900. DON"T USE THEM OR YOU'L END UP LIKE ME.

kingsurplus Dec 10, 2010

This person makes 2 statements:
      1. That KING SURPLUS did some kind of credit card fraud. That is not true. KING SURPLUS is not trying to pass the buck but it was the shipper that she was trying to claim money from, not KING SURPLUS. Additionally, her claims smack of management by intimidation in her attempt to file shipping claims that were UNTRUE. It is also important to note that KING SURPLUS does not do shipping. This is clearly stated on every auction on eBay, on our website and every online auction we preform. Furthermore, KING SURPLUS has had the same credit card company for 20 years and can accept 6 figure credit card charges. If anything this person said about credit card fraud was true KING SURPLUS would not have that size limits.
      2. She states the items was destroyed in shipment. PLEASE SEE THE PHOTOS BELOW, THAT STATEMENT IS TOTALLY FALSE AND MISLEADING. Again, it was not KING SURPLUS that shipped this item. Furthermore, if you look at the photos below that we obtained from the shipper you can clearly see that the table was properly packaged when it left the KING SURPLUS warehouse. Additionally, if you look closely at the damage you will see that a single cross bar was very slightly bent and could have been fixed my simply placing ones foot on the cross bar and putting a little pressure downward. THIS WAS HARDLY a total loss to her. She was trying to get a FULL refund on the table and a FULL refund on the shipping costs. Her claims are just totally UNTRUE. We included these photos so that everyone could see for themselves.
      We are a family company and have been in business for 40 years. We pride ourselves in our 5 Star Customer service and repeat customers. When reading her statements please consider the obvious intent, she was trying to get a FREE TABLE! Please consider these facts when considering KING SURPLUS. To be falsely accused as she has done is very frustrating. We have not choice but to hire an attorney to reverse this type of modern day slander from continuing. Thank you! Robin King CEO

• It
      ITSFREIGHT Sep 01, 2009

Credit Card Fraud? THAT IS UNFAIR! If that were the case she could have stopped payment on her credit card. It is amazing what people can say without a shred of truth on the net. ITSFREIGHT makes thousands of shipments per year for King Surplus and other auction companies around the world with over 99.4% positive feed back. In this situation we were asked to ship a 40 year old stainless steel autopsy table that was purchased at auction for a couple hundred dollars and the shipping was about as much as the item. When the item arrived there was a very slight damage to one leg or two of the 2" pipe legs at the very bottom, it was an easy fix and she had a local welder repair it. The carrier was a national carrier and they offered to pay the customer 100% of the repair cost PLUS refund all the shipping. This customer wanted all her money back AND WANTED TO KEEP THE ITEM. The shipper would not agree. Occasionally items do get damaged and we try very hard to be the advocate for our customers with the shipper responsible and even go above and beyond and do have $500, 000 cargo insurance and over 100, 000 sqft of warehouse space available to store, package & ship any size package anywhere in the World. Thanks ITSFREIGHT

• Da
      David Slatter Sep 01, 2009

Please send all details of you complaint to
      [email protected]

We will review the issus and try to resolve the issus.

King Surplus — Non - Payment - Liars

This company is a complete fraud. Do not do business with them. King Surplus will not pay you. They are a...

King SurplusResell check

I brought the Baler (MAREN MODEL 72 HORIZONTAL SEMI-AUTOMATIC BALER) from Robin King on 02/05/07. After a couple of month storage in his warehouse, I did not need it anymore so I ask him to resell it for me. Finally the Baler was sold at the end of September 2008. Until today, I did get any of the money. I try calling and e-mailing him but no Answer.

kingsurplus May 20, 2011

Mr. Wilkinson, I'm not sure who you are. I looked in our customer and supplier databases and can not find your name. If you have a problem with King Surplus or myself my personally please feel free to email me directly at [email protected] I'm very happy to listen to what you have to say, especially if we have offended or wronged you in anyway. We are not scam agents, we are a 41 year old family company founded by my father and now my wife and I, our adult children and our grandchildren own and run the business. We strive to have excellent service and we guaranty our descriptions of the assets in our liquidations. As a result in markets such as eBay (KINGSURPLUS) our FEEDBACK is 100% positive and we have not only attained POWER SELLER seller status but we have a nearly PERFECT 5 STAR rating which is very very difficult to attain. I am very perplexed at your statement and if you would please contact me via email I would love to hear what you have to say. I look forward to hearing from you ... Robin King CEO King Surplus.

• Mi
        mike wilkinson May 20, 2011

Hugh Lie MR. King please save your time paying your customers back!!! Not typing a large lie to save your company!! You are a BIG (((((((((( SCAM )))))))))) ROBIN KING IS A SCAM!!! KING SURPLUS IS A SCAM!!!

kingsurplus Feb 01, 2011

This customers statements are misleading. He also posted twice under two different names.

We are in the liquidation / auction business preforming liquidations for Banks and Companies, many of which are closing their doors. For our service to be functional items must be removed promptly and thus the need for liquidation / auction. It is auction industry standard for buyers to loose their purchase if not picked up after 3-10 days and 99% of our buyers take their items with in 48 hours. We typically give our buyers 1 week with the possibility of an extension. IN THIS CASE IT WAS 2 YEARS!

This was an international buyer. We believe the real issue with this buyer not picking up his item was due to the fact that this item was very large item (10, 000 lbs). The removal, load-out & international shipping would have been as much as or more than the item itself. Quite frankly, in his own words: he did not have the extra money for these expenses. Not being local also made it difficult for him and the airline tickets would have been expensive I'm sure. We regret the buyer lost his item. We are here to help buyers understand these costs before the auction, but it is unfair to accuse us of being dishonest when he not only had more than ample time to make the pick up but failed to communicate with us.

King Surplus has been in business since 1970. We sell hundreds of thousands of items per year and normally have more than 36, 000 items in liquidation at any given time. If what this buyer said was true we would have hundreds, if not thousands, of dissatisfied buyers making comments such as this. We here at King Surplus will go out of our way to help buyers know what the associated cost of S&H are before the liquidation. However, we are not shippers but liquidators and there is a point where the buyer must take responsibility for their purchase, pick it up, move it, pay storage or something. If not, in any auction you go to the buyer will ultimately risk loosing their purchase.

Thank you for taking the time to hear our side of this complaint.
        King Surplus

kingsurplus Feb 01, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to hear our side of this complaint.
        King Surplus

• Da
        David Slatter Sep 01, 2009

Please send all details of you complaint to
        [email protected]

We will review the issus and try to resolve the issus.

• Tc
        tc3545 Jul 31, 2009

Right...these guys are scam artists.

• Ji
        Jim Mar 17, 2009

I brought the Baler (MAREN MODEL 72 HORIZONTAL SEMI-AUTOMATIC BALER) from Robin King on 02-05-07. After a couple of month storage in his warehouse, I did not need it anymore so I ask him to resell it for me. Finally the Baler was sold at the end of September 2008. Until today, I did get any of the money. I try calling and e-mailing him but no Answer.Inv# KSC143-416 Sales Order #: 10063-RK ADDITIONAL DETAILS: Account Number: Order Number: 10063-RK