Encore Receivable Management Complaints & Reviews

BBB of Greater Kansas City
8080 Ward Parkway, Suite 401
Kansas, City, MO 64114
[protected] / [protected] Fax

Convergys Corporate Office (They Own Encore)
201 E. Fourth Street

[protected]/ [protected] Fax
Mr. Wayne T. Rowe, Director of Compliance and Auditing
Mr. Jeff Young, Ms. Dawn Burgess

PLEASE NOTE: CONVERGYS OWNS ENCORE

It is my personal opinion that the business referenced as Encore Receivable Management needs a corporate makeover and an Attorney General investigation. Encore appears to be a very poorly run organization. When consumers call, information is evasive, and Encore does not appear to be using “best practice” regulations. Consumers are not being treated respectfully or fairly. All problems with Encore should be reported.

Clarity is very lacking in Convergys/Encore correspondence. Purpose, contact information, and specific detail is left out of Encore correspondence. Encore may also use deception by using their
client (credit card companies) information to request information or responses from consumers.

Difficult to contact company: The phone number: [protected] referenced on Encore’s letterhead does not offer direct contact with an individual. It appears that it has purposely been made difficult to get through to Encore directly. Encore employees are evasive and pretend or show ignorance regarding Encore or Convergys contacts. If Encore requires secrecy to do business, there is something very wrong with their business practices.

No it is not OK to demand payment from consumers without first disclosing those specifics in writing.
Encore fought me regarding my request for a written settlement agreement prior to any payment. I was told “We do not provide written disclosures.” Excuse me?!!! As far as I am concerned, on that issue alone, Encore should not be permitted to continue to do business. DEMAND PREDISCLOSURE!

I would not recommend doing business with Encore to anyone. I do not even believe that Encore should be allowed to continue to do business with their current, poor business practices. The internet is full of negative descriptions of poor Encore management by frustrated consumers. What is it going to take to get these seriously poor business practices at Encore corrected? One employee referred to Encore as a “Company of Liars”, another indicated that Encore was a horrible company for employment. My own personal experience has been one of evasiveness, poor management, poor communication, and poor to neglectful consumer interaction.

Encore Receivable ManagementUnauthorized charges

They called me at work repeatedly. Finally I made arrangement to have a settle paid in 3 payments. They insisted on an automatic debit from my checking. Then they said my account was closed and the deal was off. I am out $429 and have no idea what the status is of my account. They claim Dell Financial (another nightmare) took it back. I believe that is illegal. They gave me an incorrect Dell phone number-it was disconnected. i think this is a scam and I don't know what to do. I filed BBB reports and FTC complaints against Dell and Encore. We will see what happens.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices