Ecost Complaints & Reviews

Ecostplatinum premimum membership

2 years ago I purchaced a platinum premimum membership thought it would give me great deals. They would send me an email and I could buy the product at a discount. when trying several times to make a purchace seconds after recieving the email I was told that the discount was no longer valid, I explained that I had just recieved the email and was told that was the difference between west coast and east coast time, so I canceled my subscription to the membership and made sure that it could NOT be automatically reinstated reciving an email to prove this. December 21 2011 ecost billed me for a new years membership, two years later!
I called them and they had no record to the transaction happening and my ecost account showed that I was not a premimum member, I was put on hold and hung up on. three times this happened. the fourth time I said I would contact corporate if I was hung up on again. They have no proof that I made the transaction so they made it for me, there nothing more than common thieves!

platinum premimum membership

5 Responses
    • Ca
      camainc Jan 11, 2010

I completely agree. I have never been able to get one of those offers. This is a total bait-and-switch.

• Ed
      Edick Oct 16, 2009

The DVD writer I ordered from eCOST was defective and I shipped it back to them under their instructions. It's been a year, and I've complained several times, but they have not issued a refund or provided a replacement.

• Br
      Brad Feb 24, 2009

I purchased two bluetooth headsets. They never came. eCost told me to contact UPS and then USPS. No one knows where my shipment is. They will not give me a new item or a refund. I keep getting told to wait for an email which never comes. I want to keep others from making this same mistake.

• Mc
      MCF Jan 22, 2009

Sells used, or poorly repackaged products. Sent out a hard drive with only a static sleeve protecting it in the box AND the hard drive was hanging out of the sleeve. They offered a 50% refund over the phone if I returned the hard drive at my expense. Bull ###!!!

• Pa
      Patrick Jan 15, 2009

Under "outrageous deals" eCost is offering good discounts on products but they are always listed as "expired". I refresh my browser every 20 seconds and the offers change BUT they're always expired when they come up. They list a Nintendo Wii for $99 but just try to get it. Bait and switch.

EcostRead the fine print and expect no exceptions

Ordered a Netgear WNHDE111 in September. When I received the unit, I found out it was incompatible with my setup. I was told by ecost that they did not accept returns and that the compatibility information was clearly stated on the site. I tried to get support from Netgear, but they refused because the item had not serial number. I requested a serial number from eCost, and after three months of being promised one, I was told that they could not supply one. In spite of this, they refused to take the item back, so I am stuck with it and cannot get support to determine if it can be made compatible.

Respond

Ecostfraudulent advertising

Ordered five "recertified by Logitech" 1500 rechargeable keyboard/mouse desktop sets. received five extremely used logitech 1500 desktop sets that were literally dumped in a box and missing the rechargeable batteries and the regular batteries. Also missing the CD's for installation. Called Ecost and after 30-45 minutes of hold was instructed that in order to return the items that I would have to call Logitech and get a case number. Called Logitech and was informed that all recertified products come in original packaging with all accessories including batteries and installation cd's and would never arrive in the condition I received the items in. Logitech gave me case number [protected] and I called Ecost back and after a very lengthy hold time, was informed that I would receive an RMA authorization in the email after 24 to 72 hours. After reading other reviews on customer dissatisfaction with Ecost I do not expect a resolution in a timely manner if at all. Will be filing with BBB and Attorney General. Their practices for returns are clearly designed to discourage and delay the process. Restocking fees are charged even on non-delivered and defective merchandise. I am writing this review as the only means to warn others to the deceptive practices of Ecost.com. Order from legitimate company's like Newegg and Zipzoomfly where legitimate returns are handled quickly and courteously.
      ECost.com is the poster child of deception and fraud.

2 Responses
        • To
          Toolkitguy Jan 06, 2010

I could not agree more. eCost is the worst company I have ever dealt with.
          I am being kind when I refer to them as scammers, cheats, thiefs, and devils.
          STAY AWAY -- STAY AWAY -- STAY AWAY. I hope this warning is enough for you.
          I am trying to protect you. I predict that they will be out of business by January 2011.

• Sl
          sloitker May 15, 2009

I bought 5 "Manufacturer Recertified" Dell Latitude D610 laptops that included a Dell "Manufacturer Warranty". Two laptops arrived damaged; one had burn marks and another could not hold a battery charge. I immediately called eCost and was told I needed to call Dell directly regarding the laptop that would not hold a charge. I did; Dell said not only was none of the laptops under warranty, but none of those laptops ever went back to Dell to be certified as “Manufacturer Recertified”. In fact, they all came from the same business entity and all were out of warranty. Dell was escalating internally to senior management because they do not have an agreement in place with Dell, and eCost is illegally misrepresenting Dell products as being manufacturer recertified and warranted by Dell when they are not.

After MULTIPLE phone calls to eCost since receipt of the order, I have been told repeatedly that I would have managers’ follow-up in 24-48 hours, and that I would receive an email with a return authorization label number, etc. I called again today, for the 8th time, and was assured it would be 24-48 hours before I have a resolution. I have had it!

I filed a claim with the Better Business Bureau and am also filing a dispute with my credit card company since no one at eCost seems to actually want to rectify this situation.

DO NOT FACE THE SAME ISSUES ALL OF US HERE HAVE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED AGAINST BUIYING FROM THIS BOGUS COMPANY SO BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Ecost — bait and switch, fraud

Ok. I'm in a pissy mood and I won't try to hide it. Yesterday I had to turn into Evil JJ, and while...

Ecostscam on Platinum Premium membership offerred!!

STAY AWAY from their "Platinum Premium" trap deal. They sent you some "too good to be true" price, and you can buy it if you pay $39.95 for membership. Once you signed up = you're screwed. The outrageous deal is a bait for you to buy the membership. The deal is never there, always expired, plus it said "offer will be randomly posted between 11am-6pm", meaning you will be on computer for 8 hours, hitting F5 to refresh the page, and NOTHING will come up. I tried that, just to prove this company is a scam. So Stay away from them!!!

3 Responses
          • Bc
            Bcorvus8 Aug 08, 2016

It was terrible! I promised my-self not to order from eCost.com again! I ordered one thing and they shipped something else cheaper. Being on the phone everyday for 2, 3 weeks finally got RA#. But I decided to keep the item because of the headache to get the money back from these people. When I tried to use the product, IT DOESN'T WORK! I am done with this company. I had an almost same experience with them before, but I didn't learn from the first mistake. If any one decided to order from them, good luck that they send you the item you ordered, if not, it will be a nightmare. The first time, I had to pay for the return shipping, even though they sent me a defective item.

josh Jun 09, 2009

that's true. i never got even a single outragous deal even if i stay before computer 8 hours a day. the only chance you can get is a say 5 dollars little stuff and it requires 20 dollors for shipping. yes, even the plantitum member supposed to qualify up to five free shipping, these "outragous offer" is not inclued.

• Ap
            appledouble Feb 11, 2009

Ecost Complaint

Shipping Nightmare - Hard Drive
            Posted By: appledouble on 2/11/2009 Print Email Link/Share

Got something to say? Help other consumers by sharing your experiences on My3cents...

Horrible, horrible, horrible!!! I ordered an internal hard drive for my computer. I paid the extra money to have it shipped 2 day mail. Order was placed on Friday and now it is Wed. and still not hard drive. I needed the part by Tues. so my son could continue you his online schooling, which is why I paid for the 2 day shipping!!! I've made multiple calls, sent multiple emails to cancel the order and they won't b/c it is transit! Their site shows it is still sitting in the stupid warehouse! They say I'll get it Thurs (tomorrow), but I highly doubt it!

Go to your local Best Buy or OfficeDepot, whatever.

You might pay a few dollars more, but at least you'll have your part without paying for shipping THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!

Stay away from these bozos! Don't learn your lesson the hard way like I did!

EcostInternet Practice

Shipped with DSL and took excess of a week to find out this package was lost. had no account ot shiiping posted on the web. Had towait that long to find out it was shipped.
          Once DHL confirmed it was lost the money was held and not returned. Still waitng for my account to be credited so i can use a reputable dealer. See other compliants too. Wish i would have used this site before buying. Not ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE.D87E9

Respond