Cal Spas Complaints & Reviews

Cal SpasRepairs going on 2 months

Back in Febuary I called Cal Spas Pomona CA, for repair as my Spa was not heating. The had me call Pro Tech which I had used before but was not real happy with. After calling all the repair contractors on their web site Pro Tech is the only one that would come to my area.

However it took me 2 calls before I got a return call and then they couldnt come out for a week and a half. Of course they wanted a $90 trip charge to come out.

Once they came out they determined my spa needed a new pump. It took 2 weeks for them to get the pump and another week to make an appointment to come out.

When I came home and filled the spa it still wouldnt heat so I called them back. It took another week or so to come back out and say I need a new heater. I started calling after two more weeks to see what the hold up was and was assured it would be in soon.

A week later I called and didnt get a retun call for another two days.

This time the story is Cal Spas messed up the serial number and the order was never placed. So, Now I am told the heater is finally on order but now promise of when it will be in and replaced.

It is now 2 months since my first call. Calling Cal Spa's today I was told everyone leaves at 4:30 and there is no customer service, parts or management to speak with and to call back tomorrow.

I will update this post when and if they follow through and get my spa working.

Respond

Cal SpasHas not honored their warranty

This procedure started back on March 10, 2010 with the pump going out on our spa. Called Cal Spa, determine spa was still under warranty. Gather all required paperwork and faxed to Cal Spas as they do not have any one to do their warranty work. That would not just send out pump so we had another dealer buy pump and install for us. The old pump was sent back to Cal Spas to be reimbursed for the pump and the labor. Waited several weeks and called they had received pump back but takes 6-8 weeks to have replacement back. Indicated just need to be reimbursed Elaine would have to check to see if this can be done after she is the one who had us jump through all the hoops!

To make a long story short went through the BBB that got me nothing other than talked with Elaine today [protected] she had requested check a couple of weeks ago, which is BS because it was just turn over from the BBB last week. It seems no one there has the answers or is willing to get a customer the answers. They do not return phone calls. The basically *** you around to the point they hope you forget your warranty!

Cal SpasBad customer service

After spending $10, 000 on a Cal Spa 2 years ago, I called to see about getting seal replaced on my pump. I was told that the dealership I bought my spa from had gone bankrupt and the company taking it over didn't really care about taking care of the past customers. Had I known each dealership was individually owned, I would have been more careful deciding which dealer to purchase from.

This is the 3rd Hot Tub I have purchase in the last 15 years. I will never buy another Cal Spa. The customer service is not good enough.

1 Response
          Chas78 Jul 09, 2014

Sorry to hear that you had similarly bad experience with your Cal Spa.
          I waited 2 months for a simple control part to fix my 8 month old Cal Spa. My dealer really tried to help, but could not get the part form the factory. I called the factory directly on several occasions in an attempt to get the part myself. On the last attempt I got into a screaming match with their customer service manager. That led to their president, Casey Loyd telling me to F-Off!. I could not believe had badly a customer could be treated.
          I would urge anyone that reads this to avoid Cal Spas products like the plague.

Cal SpasDishonest

I have been waiting for 2 months for a heater replacement for my Cal Spa tub. The local dealer that i purchased it from seems unable to convince Cal Spa that this is an improtant issue. I have had to call the company numerous time and still no heater.

In generalthe quality of the tub is poor at best. The local dealer had so much trouble with the product line that it drop it completely. I recommend that you never purchase a Cal Spa tub if you are in the market. Cap Spa is not a company that helps its' customers and seem to not give a darn.

Cal SpasWorthless warranties

I Purchased a Cal Flame grill, made by Calspas, along with components from Caribbean Pools and Spas. The purchase was made solely as the result of Cal Flame's "Lifetime Component Warranty". This warranty covers the grill, among other things, against corrosion. After 6 months of use, the grill began to show signs of corrosion. I immediately contacted both Calspas and Caribbean Pools and Spas to address this issue. Calspas refused to even talk to me. Caribbean Pools and Spas gave me the run around for a year. So much for the written warranty. After 2 years, the grill was so corroded from the inside that it just fell apart.

Cal Spa, you need to step up and honor your written warranties.

Respond

Cal Spas — Rotten service!

Cal Spas does not honor their Lifetime Warranty. I purchased my CalSpa 6 years ago at the Orange County Fair...

Cal SpasTerrible experience

In less than a year our heater failed. They had the nerve to blame it on "water chemistry" and would not honor the warranty. Our water had good levels of everything, was clear, no issues, etc. These people called us every 2 days for a month trying to sell it to us, then left us in the cold (literally) when it broke.

Oh... even if the heater was covered, we were going to have to pay at least $115 for a service visit from their authorized repair company in my area.

I think these guys are scam artists and should be avoided... unless no warranty is OK with you.

1 Response
              • To
                Tom Davis Feb 07, 2009

I am an independent Cal Spa Service Agent and may be able to help.

I am intersted in hearing more about your heater and how the warranty process was handled. Is there a chance you have a claim number?

I will need the serial number of your hot tub before I can access any records related to it or tell you anything about it.

Please, contact me if you still need repairs or if you just have questions. I would also appreciate any additional detail you can provide about your experience with the warranty process.

Tom Davis