Book Of The Month Club Complaints & Reviews

Book Of The Month Club — refusal to cancel membership

Folks: Enough. I joined BMOC in Oct of 2009, paying for my initial shipment on Nov. 9, 2008. I fulfilled my...

Book Of The Month ClubFraud

After ordering my first two books to fufill my four required, BOMC said that they do not qualify towards my required purchase. I inquired why and they said the order came not from their main selections, but from Bookspan, even though I searched through BOMC website. After I recieved the books, one of the back jackets said, "A Main Selection of the Book-Of-The-Month Club". I still did not get credit for this. So, to fufill my purchase so I could cancel, I ordered right from their suggestions on my next order. Again, I did not get credit. I have filed another complaint, but have not yet heard from them. This club is a scam. They offer thousands of books, but only a few count towards your required purchase and those few are not clearly marked. It's hit or miss when you order. You may spend hundreds of dollars just to get the 4 book requirement.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Book Of The Month Clubsay i owe $ from 2003

The book of the month club has posted a collection on my credit report saying I owe $63 from 2003. They posted it in collection on Feb 2009, and said in 6 years they couldn't verify they had the correct phone # or address to send me any correspondance. All though they did have my correct address and phone #. <br />
    I think this is fraudulent and should be removed from my credit immediatly. In a 6 year period someone somewhere should of been able to contact me if this was really something I owed.<br />
    Both of these companies should be reported to the BBB and not allowed to do this kind of stuff to people.

Comment Guidelines

Respond

Book Of The Month Club — Fraud!

This site is a big fraud! First of all they sent me a bill for an offer that said 2 free vooks, and kept...

Book Of The Month Club — Scam charges

Had built up a list of books but was not told that my former company (Zooba.com) was acquired by Book of the...