Resorts International UnlimitedScam billing

I'm really upset for what this so called company has done with me. Bobby promise a lot of things but as soon I agree and deposit the money on my credit card I never heard of Bobby again. They robbed more than $1000 from me, but what makes me more mad is that they continue to do this with others. How can we stop them? and how can we recover our money? I'm very radical at this point because I don't want them to get away with my money.

This is not the way of doing business. I'm sure that Resorts international will have to paid for what they do with us in court.

More Resorts International Unlimited Complaints & Reviews

• Su
    sugar Mar 06, 2009

OMG same here! I got a call from bobby too, a year ago.
    I was waiting and waiting til the year mark and now I'm gonna have to take some actions.

• Cl
    clayton smith May 04, 2009

i just got a call from them wanting to help me sell my time share and they asked for $1300 to list it and guaranteed it would sell in 180 days the reps name was jennifer and also they said they would sell between 16k - 19k which is twice the cost of it in the first place also she told me some line of BS saying that major comapnies were gonna be coming back to the gatlinburg area where our time share is to do their conventions and they would more than likely be the buyers didnt send any money so i dont know first hand that this was a scam but after careful research it smells kind of fishy to me so i want to warn any and all who get this call if it sounds to good to be true then most likely it is haha also whats funy they just tried to call me while i was typing this and left no message what kind of legit company doesnt leave a message lol hope this helps others from bein ripped off

• Fo
    forgb May 14, 2009

THESE ### ARE NOTHING BUT LYING SCAMMERS - TRYING TO GET MONEY OUT OF ALL OF US

AND DO NEED TO BE STOP!!!

they got me for 900.00 with thier lies to rent out my week
    and whenyou call they won't put you through or ever call back

let me know how we can get them caught and our money back

Christy and a sup. named Sandra was the ### that fed me with nothing but lies

• Li
    Liz Jun 05, 2009

They just called me wanting 1300.00 too that they could rent my condo for 2600.00 a week but first I had to give them 1300.00 first . Got disconnected thank u Jesus !!! Cause as soon as I got off phone found out they were trying to scam me . I talked to friend who is a tineshare seller and said that westgate is the hardest timeshare to deal with and it was a scam . I have been saved by god that I didn't get scammed again . Praise the Lord! I'm sorry for the ones that did get scam . Oh and by the way it aS called Resorts international unlimited ! He's name was supposedly beaser or beazer bronco whatever sounds like a fake name to me !!! Omg I'm so stupid for wasting my time even listening to him !!

• Ve
    Verofo Nov 30, 2009

I had the same problem with Bobby. He tells you you will sell or sell your property and that you are garrantee to get your money back. It is been six months now. I called the customer service and they don't want to give my money back. Never give them money.

• Pi
    pikapp515 Dec 14, 2009

Clayton and Liz, your descriptions sound so much like the experience I'm having right now. I just called Resorts International Back and discussed how this would all work with them. they gave me the exact same description... cost about 1300 bucks for an advertising fee. They sent me to their "finance department" to see about helping with the advertising fee because I said I don't think I have it now. they would lower it to $1000 with a "Florida Resident" discount, by using their own address as they're based in Florida. Does that say red flag all over it?! I paid 5K for my time-share. How could I sell all the bonus weeks for more than double that during a year? It sounded too good to be true. Oh well.

Thank you sooo much for contributing to this thread so I'd find it on google search guys!

• Cn
    cni9132 Dec 23, 2009

A legitimate timeshare sales/rental company shouldn't ask for any money up front. RIU method of advertising is to assign an Ad ID, listing an entry for the timeshare in a database. RIU posts links to their website at various other sites for access to this database. Therefore, the specific timeshare is not really advertised directly to the public. I'm sure it only takes about a minute to add new entries to the database, never having to actually post any new ads. Operating like this, a specific timeshare may never be selected.

• Da
    Dave Bickel Feb 13, 2010

I as others have been scammed by Resorts International Unlimited. I screwed up & gave them $1370 to rent my 'bonus weeks' for a nice amount. I guess I'm more gullible than I thought.

An expensive lesson. Pay only after results on ANYTHING!!

• Do
    don989 Feb 24, 2010

IT IS VERY TRUE ABOUT RIU FROM ORLANDO FL. 1936 BOOTHE CIR. LONGWOOD FL. 32750 IF THIS IS A TRUE ADDRESS. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND MAKE PROMISES THAT THEY DONT DELIVER AS FAR AS RENTALS. THEY SUCKERED ME TO ON A TIME SHARE IN KISSEMMEE FL. 3 MIN.FROM DISNEY WORLD. I CALLED THE RESORT 13 BUILDINGS 9 STORIES TALL IN FEBRUARY THE PLACE WAS FULL BUT 1 ROOM FOR THE WHOLE MONTH. BUT NO RENTAL WK FOR ME AS PROMISED AND IT HAS BEEN 1 YEAR. THERE EXCUSE WAS THE ECONOMY IS WEAK NOW. I TOLD THEM IT NOT MY PROBELM I HELD UP TO MY PART OF THE BARGAIN DO YOUR PART.THEY SAY MONEY CAN'T BE REFUNDED. I WENT TO PORTA VALLARTA IN JAN. THIS YR. TO RESORT I HAVE TIME SHARE AT. THIS PLACE IS BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE IT. I TALKED TO A MAN THAT WAS STAYING THERE FROM COLARADO HE BOUGHT A TIME SHARE THERE BECAUSE DURING THE SELL HE WAS TOLD THAT A COMPANY FROM MIAMI FL. WOULD RENT OUT EXTRA WEEKS .SO THE MAN PAID OUT THE EXTRA $1100 . HE TOLD ME HE DONE IT AS A INVESTMENT OF HIS MONEY. NOTHING WAS HAPPENING SO DECIDED TO CALL THEM. THERE NUMBERS WHERE NOT WORKING AND OUT OF ORDER. WHILE HE WAS IN MEXICO THIS YEAR WHILE I WAS THERE HE COMPLAINED TO THE RESORT AND [censor]ED AND RAVED. THE RESORT GAVE HIM BACK $700. SO THERE IS A LITTLE SUNSHINE FOR US PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOT SCREWED. FOR ME I HAVE BEEN CALLING RIU ALL DAY LONG AND GOT NOTHING BUT BUSY SIGNAL.

• Cl
    Clary Jun 25, 2010

I was scamed too. The person who called me told me it was 100% sure that it would be rented. Yeah right!! 100% sure I was going to be scamed.

• Da
    Davidj942 Jul 12, 2010

Do you guys not have any consumer rights to stop Resorts International Unlimited from keep coning people.

This Bobby contcted me regarding my time share back in March 2009. He told me that he would be able to provide rental income of $2000.00 per quarter. That was 15 months ago and I've recievied nothing.

They tell you all this and take your money then they do nothing, when you complain to them again they do nothing. They are in breach of contract by tell people what they know you want to hear, then providing no such service.

Can't people in the US claim off their credit card companies because Resorts International Unlimited have sold them a service which they have not provided, it's called Resorts International Unlimited . In the UK this is covered by Section 75 of the consumer credit act, and holds the credit card compamies also at fault for Resorts International lese and deception against the consumer.

• Sh
    Sherrieb Oct 16, 2010

They are still at it in 2010. I have been fighting with them for a year now and no action on their part. There are no return phone calls or sales. Why haven't they been stopped with a law suit or the legal system shutting them down? Is there a case pending? How do we stop them?

Madd-as-h*ll Dec 03, 2010

I've been hit as well for $899 exactly one year ago. And in this tight economy and trying times, who can afford to just give this company from h*ll their hard earned money. I know I can't. Is there anyone out there that has any means of starting a class action suit against these PIGS before they shut down and go out of business and "country" with our money. I sure hope so. No one deserves to be conned out of their money with the promise and GUARANTEE to rent or sell their timeshares. I even filed a complaint with the Better Busines Bureau with no results. I think its a shame a company can have this many complaints filed against them and nothing done about. They just get away with it. Well I sure wish everyone luck that we will get some kind of redemption from this company for all our loss money, mental pain, anquish and suffering.

• Se
    Sezy Dec 11, 2010

Hi all. I've been scammed/conned too by these people and from your past experience, it seems like there is nothing that can be done. Doesn't their breaking of a promise provide legal grounds for fraud? They promised something the knew they could NOT deliver. That's a breech in contract and I'm not too well versed on the law but shouldn't we be able to have some kind of class action suit against them? If we all chipped in for a good lawyer we might be able to get our money back. I'm in a worse situation than most of you. I got taken for almost $2300 over a year ago. So I'm willing to take this to the courts. Anyone else with me?

Marvhood Jan 06, 2011

We just need to agree to an option and unitedly take a stand with it. I tried the BBB http://orlando.app.bbb.org complaint section and although all of us know Resorts Unscrupulous are con artists, but we have to LEGALLY present something that the authorities can work with. It can't be just about explaining how they are dogs for ripping honest hardworking people off. We need a strategy.
    Let us all use this form then go from there.
    my email is [protected]@netscape.net. We need to settle this soon since all of use have similar recent experiences.

• Se
    Sezy Jan 07, 2011

I've been informed that the contracts we signed with them are not legal. They don't have valid license numbers and RIU is not bonded - which they need to be in order to sell or rent timeshares. Our illegal "contracts" are the needed proof. Has anyone tried calling them lately? I've not been able to get in touch with them. They may have gone out of business - which means getting our money back will prove difficult.

• Vs
    VSpot Jan 04, 2012

Hello, I too feel that I was scammed by this company. I have been calling their number and sending emails and I get no response. Has anyone been able to get in contact with them? Has anyone been able to recoup their funds and if so how? I hate to say it but I am glad to know I'm not the only one. I hate that we are all in the crazy situation. Please help!!!

Charliezok Feb 20, 2012

Resorts International Unlimited are con artists. I signed with them in 2007 after being given their unconditional guarantee that
    my timeshares in Orlando and Las Vegas would be rented without the slightest difficulty. Bobby Oyinlade personally guaranteed it,
    during his numerous phone calls. He was extremely persistent. I was so convinced that I paid the $1300 requested.
    To date I have one rental and made the princely sum of $50 (fifty dollars). They are unreachable by phone or email.

• El
    Elizy Sep 25, 2012

Well it's 2012 and Bobby Oyinlade, Chris Collins & Kristen Harmon are the ones running the scam now for RNI - Resorts International. They do not answer calls or emails. Seems the whole of RNI are in the scam -telephone operator screens calls and says all the exts are busy, she takes your contact no and says they will call you. I did not even get my 'contract". I was a fool. Bobby gives his fake license # TP4874 - each day it's a different number. Why can't the authorities do something about this?

Charliezok Sep 25, 2012

I reported them to Better Business Bureau to no avail. Once they got my money I never heard from them again. Boby Oyinlade is a criminal.

• Iv
    Ivanpilot Aug 16, 2013

I want to tell everyone that this kind of service it's a ###tttttt!!!. They robbed me as the others. I payes three years ago more than US1.000 for nothing because from that year (2009), i didn't get anything. I need to know hoy can I do to denounce this people to avoid more injustice in USA.

• Go
    goddess64 Aug 22, 2013

It is August 3013 and someone called Chris has contacted us with the promise of selling our timeshare in Mystic Dunes Floridaowned by Diamond Resorts for $24 K. They say it is 100% guarantee. they will advertise the property at the convention centre in Florida and on their website. Started off by wanting $1890 fee up front but as I said I was waiting on a cheque to clear before i could pay it he made me give over card details and sign a contract on line.The chque did not clear so did not have the fees money still, a couple of days later has contacted me again to split the ' risk' with us and will do the job for half price. He suggested we put it on the credit card and then when it is sold in 180 days we can pay it off the card!! Looks like we were right to check this out. Glad we did not have the money to put up for this otherwise we would be having a different story here

Charliezok Sep 12, 2013

In July 2007 Boby Oyinlade telephoned me repeatedly asking that I list my timeshares in Orlando and Las Vegas with Resorts International Unlimited at a cost of $1370. He was emphatic that I would receive $2600 per week in rental.
    To date I have had one rental and made a profit of $50. I am totally unable to find or contact Mr. Oyinlade or any other
    member of staff of Resorts International Unlimited.
    I am unable to find my timeshares listed anywhere. Resorts International Unlimited is the most fraudulent and dishonest company possible. Bobboy Oyinlade is a criminal. Why can't we do something about them?

• Ti
    Timezone May 03, 2014

Yes these idiots tried to scam me and my wife may 3rd 2014 as well. But I didn't fall for it. We drove 60 miles for the presentation and the first thing they ask for is my credit card, and I told them no I'm not showing you if there was no pressure to buy no need to provide my card. Tells my wife it was on the recording when she called to make the reservation but my wife did not hear that. So I told the sales rep if she heard it she would have told me.and if you are legit we should still be able to see the presentation, but he kept making it like my wife was lying so that really pissed me of so I said it's time to go don't have time for the lies. On the way home looked them up on the web and my hunch was right bunch of scam artist!!! Don't even waist your gas and time on these fools!!!

• Ti
    Timezone May 03, 2014

They did not get me but they are scam artist wasted a half a tank of gas and two hours of my time for these idiots. Any time the second thing they ask you for is your credit card you know it's time to go1!! Went of on the so called manager for calling my wife a liar, so if you get something in the mail saying you get two free airline tickets and two nights free at major hotel just throw it in the trash and keep going.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices