Rent.com$100 reward &missing&

K

After being promised $100 from rent.com for signing a lease with my apartment community, Archstone, it's been 4 months and I haven't seen it. They claim they mailed it but strangely enough, it never arrived. Also, they emailed me today (after several emails from me to them) that the card expires today so I should call immediately. Then they gave me a fax number instead of a phone number.
No apologies, horrible customer service, a complete scam.

• En
    Enrika Briggs Nov 10, 2015

I MOVED IN 2012 and within a few months I got a $100 visa gift card with rent.com on the top of the card. Great company great service

• Di
    DianeDivine May 20, 2015

I moved into my apartment complex in December 2014 and immediately reported my lease to rent.com After a month of not receiving a response via email I decided to call in, the rep said it takes 8-10 weeks until the process is complete and the $100 Reward card is shipped out. Well...its almost June now, so that's 16 weeks so far, called in again today and was given the same run around, its not worth it but I hate being lied to. Just a heads up, don't be fooled

• Pi
    pinky_baby36 Apr 27, 2015

So I moved into an apartment on Rent.com. I chose that because it offered a $100.00 reward card. I figured that will pay for the rental truck. Moved in December 2014. I told Rent.com. They said they would send something to my landlord to verify me. 2 months later my landlord still never received anything. They said have her call. She said she called but was told she needed to send something in an email. It's a big loop. I emailed rent.com so many times. This is their response, " Unfortunately we haven't received a conformation that Rent.om is your sole referral source. You can have your property contact us at 866.399.7368. Once we receive confirmation, we can issue your $100.00 reward card. " What a scam.

• Ju
    JusticeLynn Feb 12, 2015

I am getting even more worried now after reading these posts! I moved in my apartment 12/14. I looked on the rent.com website and it states the card was sent on 1/30/15 and allow up to 10 business days to receive it, so I've been expecting it tomorrow (Friday). Yesterday I get an email that it was just sent out and to expect in in 10-12 business days. When I contacted customer service about this they replied that the email said it was processed on 1/30/15. Uh, no. First of all it was on their website, not my email and the words "sent" and "processed" are not the same thing. I have replied to their email so I am eager to see what they say. Sure seems like I should be getting something delivered overnight if they are going to keep true to what they say!

• La
    Laurie Sharp Jan 22, 2015

I moved in Oct. 3rd 2014 called about card they stated you will receive it 30 days after move in date. Its been now been 90 days since move in date. I guess I am one of them that will never see that reward coming. I will use renters guide next time.

• Am
    Amir Bulifa Nov 17, 2014

I used rent.com to find my apartment. Filed everything and waited for my $100 gift card. I got a confirmation email on 10/07 stating the card would be mailed to my address (sent it t my sisters address since my mailbox at the new apartment is kind of odd and I didn't want to lose my gift card). Waited a few weeks for it to come in thinking it was delayed. It never shows up, so I email rent.com asking about it, and they say it was sent to a completely different address, my leasing office surprisingly. I call them and say it was not mailed to me, or the correct address on 11/12. They tell me it shipped on 10/10, AFTER receiving my correct confirmation email to the address I provided, it still went to the leasing office somehow. I call rent.com support and they basically tell me I'm a liar and
    that I just changed my address to the correct one after emailing them. If that was the case then why did I get a confirmation email 3 days before the card shipped to the correct address I provided. I tell them I did not spend the card and all they basically told me was to file a police report. I go to file one online and receive an email saying I have to go file the report in person. A customer should not have to hassle this much when it was rent.com's fault for mailing my gift card to the leasing office. Complete scam, I will not use rent.com or recommend it after this kind of hassle. Especially after I got a confirmation email from them to the right address for them to tell me, I logged on and changed it after talking to them. You guys don't even know your own systems. I will post further complaints if this matter does not get handled by rent.com.
    My email is [email protected] and my name is Amir Bulifa if rent.com wants fix their mistake.

• Ms
    ms lenon Aug 15, 2014

i actually just got the process finished. they didnt give me the run around. a few employees were not knowledgeable of the process which sucks because i had to call multiple times but once i talked to the right person it was easy as pie. my lease has been verified and i am now waiting the arrival of my card. the lady said about 10-12 business days so within the next two weeks i should be receiving my reward.. crossing my fingers because so many ppl on here are not satisfied. good luck everyone ill keep u updated

• R2
    r2d999 Dec 31, 2013

I sign a lot of leases because I frequently move around, so I thought I would try this Rent.com reward $100 Visa card deal. I’ve experienced this same odd issue that seems unreasonable, at the very least. By the time you get the card, it’s basically expired. I’ve never heard of a Visa card that expires in such a short time, almost too short to use it!

In my case, this was no fault of my own, and I had planned on saving it to use it a month or two later. After all, who expects a Visa card to expire within 1-3 months of getting it? Who knew? They don’t tell you up front. Unknowingly, when I went to use it, about two months later (because I like to save money), it had already expired. The card had the entire balance on it/was never used. I’ve contacted the company to see if they are willing to resolve this. I feel this was no fault of my own and misleading. I’m confident they will do the right thing, though. –Ben, CEO of Emera Media, Inc.

• Re
    Rent.com reward is a scam Sep 26, 2013

My $100 card was never received and they say that it was activated. I am the only one who reads my personal email address that was provided for the access code. I waited 2 months for nothing. What a scam!

• Br
    browneyez40 Jul 01, 2013

I just hope that I don't have any problems when I get ready to submit my claim.

It's always something!!

• Ci
    CIdsmom Feb 19, 2013

I signed my lease, moved in on August 24, 2012 and reported it to rent.com. Six months later I am still waiting for my lease to be verified. My complex, McKinney Park, says they have done their paperwork yet I still wait. I have used Rent.com before and know it is not a scam, just very frustrating.

Cordially,
    C. Parker
    Lease # [protected]

• Su
    Suhailmemon84 Feb 08, 2013

ok. I finally got the reward card delivered. I confirm that it is not a scam but its delivery mechanism does need a lot of fixing. There are way too many people that are not getting these reward cards which makes them second guess about the legitimacy of RENT.COM and its operations and intentions

To anyone who has had the same issue as mine, please continue to follow up with rent.com to re-deliver the card. Thats the only option we have at present. Let them know about the 30 day check option too(They will send you a check directly instead of the visa card which is delivered by an intermediate bank that messes up the deliveries)

Also be aware that the card expires in 3 months. Make sure you use up the 100$ before that.
    -Suhail

• Su
    Suhailmemon84 Jan 18, 2013

I'm in the same boat as all the other guys. Rent.com has tried to send the reward card 5 times already, but I have not received a single delivery from them. 4 of them were sent to my own address. The 5th was sent to an alternative address. I received none of those reward cards. My lease id is ID# [protected]. Today(18-Jan-2013), when I called rent.com and expressed my disappointment with them, they agreed to send a check this time(instead of a reward card). They mentioned that the check will be sent in 30 days to my current address. They have requested me to call them again on 20-Feb-2013 if I do NOT receive the check. The reason they gave for missing out on deliveries is that they coordinate with a bank which actually sends these reward cards out(not RENT.COM directly). But the check they send out is actually coming from rent.com directly. This is the reason why(they say) there is a good chance the check will be delivered to me.
    I'll wait until 20-Feb-2013 and report back what happened.
    -Suhail

• Ev
    Evelyn2012 Apr 25, 2012

Hello everyone,

I am also very, very, very furious with rent.com and question their integrity to consumers and the operation of unethical business practices. When a company gives its word of promising anything, in this case the $100 reward card, the company should, by terms of good faith, honor that promise. Rent.com seems to be using this strategy to market their company through word-of-mouth or buzz words and in the end not paying people for marketing their product to get their name out to the public.

I will never use rent.com again because of the unnecessary waste of time, frustration, and lack of peace of mind. I will be in the process of writing to the BBB, state attorney general, and various internet communities to get the word out to NOT TO USE RENT.COM and the detailed reasons so others do not suffer. After I verified that my property management team used rent.com as my referral when they were contacted, rent.com emailed stating that I used "google" as a source. Google is a search engine. Anyone needs a search engine to type in rent.com in the URL address and search listings from there. After going on rent.com, I called property management and filled out the referral also as rent.com. I would not waste my time on writing about this matter if I did not follow these instructions by the book. It infuriates me when organizations do not keep their word and try to escape paying out whereever they can get away with it.

I am absolutely disgusted at businesses that operate in this manner and will inform several communities about the practices of rent.com

Karascoville Jul 25, 2011

Yea I'll be sure to do that. Thanks!

JamieinMN Jul 25, 2011

@Karascoville- Like I said, you have another 2 weeks. Hold on to that fanny of yours.

Karascoville Jul 25, 2011

Don't think I remember asking for a lecture from you, and thank you my "math" skills are fine. I don't believe I need to explain myself to you, please keep your negative comments to yourself. Maybe you should go back to grammar school and learn manners.

JamieinMN Jul 25, 2011

@Karascoville- You do realize that 2 months is about 8 weeks right????? Per customer service "Typically, it takes about 8-10 weeks from either your move-in date or the date you report your lease, whichever is later." So hang on to your fanny for another 2 weeks, THEN come back and complain.

P.S. I think you should go back to grammar school, work on those math skills.

Karascoville Jul 24, 2011

Still have not received my reward card after 2 months of reporting my lease it still says PENDING!!! Uggghhhj why waste my time

• Rent.com Jul 05, 2011

To: Vistamd77

We are very sorry to hear that you are frustrated and we would like to resolve this issue for you. Typically, it takes about 8-10 weeks from either your move-in date or the date you report your lease, whichever is later, to receive your reward card (see our Reward Card Policy: http://www.rent.com/company/reward/).

If you are willing to provide us with a little more information regarding your lease, we would like to research the status of your reward card. Please contact us via phone at [protected] so we can further assist you.

Nick Davies

• Vi
    vistamd77 Jun 28, 2011

Hi Rent.com, could you please check the status of my $100 reward card? My lease # is [protected]. I moved in on May 30th, and it says that rent.com is still in the process of verifying my lease. How long does that take? Could you please call them and verify and then email me back please? Thanks.

• Rent.com Mar 28, 2011

To: RockSand

We are very sorry to hear that you are frustrated and we would like to resolve this issue for you. Typically, it takes about 8-10 weeks from either your move-in date or the date you report your lease, whichever is later, to receive your reward card. However, at times, the processing of reward cards can take a bit longer than anticipated.

Please contact us at [email protected] with your Lease ID# or email address so that we can identify the issue and help resolve this for you. We appreciate your business and I look forward to hearing from you.

Nick Davies

• Ro
    RockSand Mar 28, 2011

Hi,
    I am also having issue with not receiving the $100 Reward card. I have applied for the card in September, moved into our property two weeks later and have yet to hear a word from Rent.com on the status of the card. Firguring you have to live in the property for a period of time before receiving the card, I have been patiently waiting! Now that it has been 6 months!! I want an anwers!! Where is our reward? Where is the email regarding the status of the reward? Are we even getting a reward?
    So far I have sent two emails...one a few weeks ago and one today...and called, but your phone lines aren't working! Email must be down too! Someone please get back to me asap! I kind of figured all along this was to good to be true.

• Fr
    frustratedashell37 Jan 06, 2011

You guys think thats terrible check this out! I moved into my complex in December 2010 and my sister recommended because my complex had a $500 referel fee bonus. When I went back up there with my sister to ask about the status they told us that Rent.com faxed them MY INFO and wanted the referel fee. IVE NEVER EVEN HEARD ABOUT THIS WEBSITE UNTIL MONDAY. How does rent.com get MY info and fax it in. Its crazy. Now my complex is confused because they dont know who to pay. Rent.com is a SCAM and with my case its looking like they now have a way to randomly submit BS paperwork collecting on Referel Fees that complexes are offering their tentants.

• Gi
    giver Sep 29, 2010

To the orgininal person who complained and to all those who have complained since: I must state that I will NEVER use rent.com again. I have also told everyone I know to use alternate sites and my property manager has as well. Reason being that I read all the fine print when i did the rent.com deal. I understood that it needed to be after 30 days but before 60 or whatever, I honestly even read the complaint sites and thought that most people's problems stemmed from them not doing everything exactly as rent.com had specified. BOY WAS I WRONG.
    I waited until we were in the apartment for at least 30 days. I told y apartment manager that we had found the apartment through rent.com and called rent.com myself. When I called rent.com after I had reported that we had signed the lease they claimed that my property manager had not contacted them. She had actually e-mailed them and they said that wasn't enough, so she called them for us and stated that we had in fact used rent.com. I gave it a couple of days and called rent.com AGAIN being as my status online had not changed. They continued to insist that she had not contacted the. It got so bad that I had to threaten to contact the Better Business Bureau (which I might do anyway) about their antics.
    IF YOU SEE THIS POST BEFORE YOU USE RENT.COM I IMPLORE YOU TO HEED ALL OF THESE WARNINGS.
    My property manager said I was not the first person to have problems with rent.com she actually stated that EVERY time someone used rent.com she had these issues. Even she has been trying to turn people on to any other site. GOOD LUCK

JamieinMN Jul 09, 2010

I'm not here to complain, I'm here to let everyone know that YES, you really CAN get $100 from Rent.com IF you follow SIMPLE instructions. Yes they were simple, and yes a monkey could do it. This is very easy people. I don't understand how this could not be done correctly. Are your landlords, property managers, etc. supposed to just ASSUME that you found their place on rent.com??? NO.

• Ne
    Neila Bendetti Jun 26, 2010

This is very disheartening as I used rent.com in my relocation process. I submitted my claim April 6th and it is still "processing". I will be changing locations when my current lease is up and may not use this website again. Such a shame too because it was an easy site to use. Good luck to you all.

• Cb
    C. Blake May 07, 2010

I am Chris Blake (Lease ID #[protected] ). I have tried three times to get my debit card from rent.com and once again, It did not show up. I would suggest that rent.com removes the $100 claim because it just makes apartment hunters not trust them or their apartments they display. If the apartments only show up on rent.com, I tell my friends to bypass them.

• Rent.com Mar 12, 2010

Hello Dave, we are sorry that you are frustrated but the $100 reward card is not a scam.

Due to Rent.com not being listed as your sole referral source, you are not eligible for the $100 reward. To resolve this, please have your property manager contact us directly on your behalf at [protected] x500, Monday – Friday from 7am – 5pm PST. To date, we have not received an updated status from your Property Manager on your behalf. As you mentioned, they have a referral source which was listed on the guest card by someone in your group and it's not Rent.com.

Once your property manager has verified your referral source was in fact Rent.com, we will be happy to continue processing your reward. If the status of your reward changes, you will receive an email confirming the updated status.

Rent.com Customer Support Team
    (p) 866.432.7368
    [email protected]

• Rent.com Mar 12, 2010

Hello Andrea, we are sorry that you are frustrated but the $100 reward card is not a scam. We have issued over 1 million reward cards to renters who have followed the three steps on our website: Find, Tell and Report. Telling the property you found them on Rent.com is very important, and in your case it sounds like the property may have gotten the impression you walked-in from across the street.

Due to Rent.com not being listed as your sole referral source, you are not eligible for the $100 reward. If you feel this is a mistake, please clear this up with your Property Manager directly and then have them contact us at [protected] x500, Monday – Friday from 7am – 5pm PST. To date, we have not received an updated status from your Property Manager on your behalf.

Rent.com Customer Support Team
    (p) 866.432.7368
    [email protected]

Andrea Lopez Feb 24, 2010

I too feel I have been scammed. I thought i did everything right. I found the place I currently live through Rent.com. Was under the impression Rent.com can see what places online you have checked out by looking at your browsing history as stated in the rules they gave.

Moved in january of this year, and submitted my information to get the $100.
    Just recently got some bogus email stating I wasnt eligible since my apartment complex states I didnt notify them I found them through Rent.com

For one, my apartment complex never asked me if I was referred by anyone. I had just happened to mention when I walked in, that I came from an apartment complex across the street and that they didnt have the type of apartment available that I was looking for.

Aparently when Rent.com contacted my apartment management, they told them I was simply a walk-in.

I can see how this is a little scam to give reason not to pay out money. Perhaps Rent.com should be a little more clear as to all the hoops you have to jump through in order to be eligible in thier opinion.

Seems like they are trying to use any tiniest excuse to not have to hand out these $1oo cards. Wondering if anyone at all ever ends up with them?

• Bi
    billynukka Jan 30, 2010

After waiting 2 months and getting nothing regarding my reward card, I finally decided to check up on it, only to find that rent .com says that my landlord had supplied them with documentation saying my referral was something other than rent.com. I have spoken with my landlord and this simply is not the case. I made sure when I signed the lease that I said over and over, rent.com for my referral. I am now seeing that this truly is a scam. It's $100, it's not the world to this company, but for somebody like me, who has a minimum wage job, it really helps pay a bill or two.

Brian
    Lease #[protected]

• Rent.com Dec 09, 2009

To: Lost Faith

If you wish to check on the status of your reward card, please call our Customer Support Team at [protected] or email them at [email protected]

Rent.com

• Lo
    LOST FAITH Nov 29, 2009

to the scammers "rent.Com"
    I have been waiting since you guys sent my activation code in sept for my reward visa card.! it is now almost Dec. has never showed up and I believe you will never do so. I have submitted my complaint to the BBB and my state attorney general.

Who is getting the visa cards? I bet its the employees of e-bay its their bonus for job well done. does my apartment management have to pay you guys something? Thats what my state is checking into.

NEVER NEVER EVER LOOK AT RENT.COM FOR A APARTMENT THAT IS MY ADVICE!!!

• Da
    Damn Mad Sep 20, 2009

Are you people purposely trying to irritate the hell out of me. I once again applied for the reward, per your request, and again you said I did not qualify.

• Rent.com Sep 15, 2009

To: Damn Mad

We are very sorry that this is frustrating for you. If you are willing to provide us with a little more information regarding your lease, we can research it and find out more details about your reward card. Do you happen to have your Lease ID#, or could you provide us with your name, the name of the property (including city/state) you moved into and your move-in date?

You do not have to call us, you can just communicate with us via email if it's easier for you.

Please let us know - the quicker you can send us additional details, the sooner we can work on a resolution for you.

Thanks in advance!

Rent.com Customer Support Team | RenterSupport [at] Rent.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Da
    Damn Mad Sep 11, 2009

Glad to see someone got their problem resolved, now when are you going to send me my $100.00 reward. Being 12 days late in submitting my request didn't stop you from contacting the rental manager for payment, which you received. You got your payment, now I am entitled to mine!

• Rent.com Sep 10, 2009

To: gitmo234

Glad we were able to help resolve the issue! Please feel free to contact us if you ever have any additional questions or concerns - you (or anyone else on this board) can email us at either [email protected] or [email protected]

Thank you!

• Gi
    gitmo234 Sep 10, 2009

I did indeed. You helped resolve it favorably. Thanks for providing the service on these boards

• Rent.com Sep 10, 2009

To: gitmo234

Did you ever receive your $100 reward card? Please call us at [protected], and we will investigate if you have not received your card.

Thank you!