Remanufactured.compaid (only half thank god) received no engine, excuses, always waiting for parts

M

I ordered a Mercruiser 3.0 HO engine from The Engine Center in Early April 2013. After speaking with Dean I felt very comfortable and he said I only needed to put half down and the other half in THREE weeks when the engine would be ready to ship. They have been telling me constantly that they are waiting for parts or that there is some other kind of delay. I could never get a returned phone call, but could usually get a returned email within a few days. I thought this was odd but it made me feel re-assured when I would get an email. In August 2013 I received and email stating that they finally got my custom camshaft in and my engine would ship on a certain date in August exactly one week later, but I needed to send a payment to them before they shipped it. They even asked me what color I wanted the engine. I did not reply to the email, in the hopes of receiving a phone call. I finally responded to the email 2 weeks later with one word. Black. I wanted my engine black. I received no response. After waiting two more weeks of my response to the email I fianlly called from a different phone number and was able to get an answer! Wow. They said well let me go look in the shop. YEP! she (Laura) said. Your engine is on the stand. It can't be more than a week, Week and a half before it is ready to ship out. 4 weeks later have not heard or received any correspondence from them.