Reliance Home Comfort Logo

Reliance Home Comfort

Having problems with Reliance Home Comfort?

Reliance Home Comfort reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Nov 29, 2008. The latest review Rental of wall furnace was posted on Oct 7, 2021. The latest complaint Complaint of Service was resolved on Mar 02, 2020. Reliance Home Comfort has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 238 reviews. Reliance Home Comfort has resolved 34 complaints.

Reliance Home Comfort Customer Service Contacts

1888 837 1451 (Customer Service)
+1 866 735 4262 (Payment Arrangement)
PO Box 2305 Stn A
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Reliance Home Comfort Customer Service. Initial Reliance Home Comfort complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Reliance Home Comfort above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Reliance Home Comfort. Discuss the issues you have had with Reliance Home Comfort and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Reliance Home Comfort Complaints & Reviews, Page 4

Nov 21, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — company's non-compliance to 10 day cooling period clause

1) November 12 (Tuesday): Reliance Sales Person visited to inform & test the hardness of water and signed...

Nov 17, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — unauthorized credit card charge (bill and amount not adjusted)

Awful Company, we are looking to file a complaint with BBB this coming week and cancel ALL services with...

Reliance Home Comfort service plan

A month ago Reliance Home Comfort started calling me and leaving messages that I owed them money on my account. I have never had any dealings with this company. There is no such account. I spent considerable time today navigating their company departments by phone to find out what is going on. It seems my home address was magically signed up in July for a service plan! When I requested to be removed from these nuisance calls the woman started to pitch me on their plan. Just unbelievably dishonest of them and I told her I would NEVER choose them after this.

Nov 05, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — customer service/appointment missed

Monday December 4, 2019 - I realized when turning on my furnace something wasn't working as I had no heat, I...

Nov 03, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — furnace and water heater rental

Acct#[protected] Our son and his partner rented a water heater and furnace Dec. 29, 2008. As they were...

Nov 03, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — client support is not 24/7

We got the keys to our new home on Oct 30th. Evening of Nov 2nd, valve on the water heater let's go and water...

Reliance Home Comfort water heater blast

Water heater blasted and basement flood caused.

The water heater paid for 15 years to Reliance for "rental", enough to buy 3 new water heater. Meanwhile, no service no maintainence even no visit! They just keep charging you without providing any services!

Suggestion:
    1. Home owner: don't "rent" from them, don't buy any products from Reliance. They just steal you money without doing anything!
    2. Government: Reliance doesn't look a Canadian business, should not be allowed anywhere in Canada!

Reliance Home Comfort water heater billing

Reliance Home Comfort
      Billing 02 Oct 2019
      Client # [protected]
      Since many years, I used to be charged on my Enbridge monthly invoice (since the beginning of this rental of the water heater, about 2 years ago). Monthly rate: $18.25 + tx; this arrangement with Enbridge seems to have been changed on 06 Sep 2019 for no stated reasons.
      As a result, I have been charged twice for the September rental:
      $4.26 + $0.55 tx (total $4.81) through Enbridge for the beginning of the month
      $18.25 + 2.37 tx (full month rate) for the second period of September.

However, I received a first invoice from Reliance indicating:
      Previous balance: $1.45 ???????
      Late payment charge: $0.02 ?????????????????????????????????????
      Service: Sep 10 to Oct 01: $18.25 + $2.37 tx
      Total: $22.09

A few questions:
      Q1: Why is Reliance sending me invoices and not continuing with Enbridge to charge me?
      Q2: Why are you charging me a partial September and a full September at the same time (double charges)?
      Q3: Where is this previous balance coming from; what is it; I never received a bill from reliance with any payment whatsoever to do?

Request 1: I am expecting to be reimbursed for the $1.45 + $0.02 + $4.26 + $0.55 = $6.28; please proceed.
      Request 2: I spent 25 minutes with one of your representative on the phone trying to resolve this issue with no success; I also took my precious time to write you this formal complaint; I am definitely expecting reparation for that time lost; 3 months of free water heater rental would be a fair compensation.
      What do you think about this situation

Regards,
      Guy Forgues
      5 Valiant St
      Nepean ON K2J 2N3

Oct 10, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — damaged basement stairs & drywall during hot water tank installation

I am Govindaraj Ramaswamy, I bought a new property in Mississauga. 2529 Rugby road. During hot water tank...

Reliance Home Comfort hot water tank

I started renting Reliance water tank in 2009. Last week sept 2019 I was trying to renew my mortgage and found out Reliance home comfort has put a lien on my property fo 6, 389$. I called to ask why and they told me to have my lawyer contact them. I asked for a copy of the lien and they said they don't give that information to the client. I paid my rental fee for 10 years with out skipping a beat . How can they put a lien on a rental. I guess my only next step is contacting A-Lawyer. Has anyone else gone through this? And what did you do?

Reliance Home Comfort rented water heater

I have been a customer for over 20 years. Have my heat air and hot water heater with them. In the past if something broke they fixed it, no cost. Now my (rented) hot water heater broke. Water everywhere a large mess to clean up. I call reliance and they send out a tech ... he says it's done, I will need a new one. Bug they want $150 to hook it up. Are you friggen kidding me. They advertise rent from us you will never worry again. It breaks we fix it it. If it needs replacing no charge. I am so done with them. Just waiting for a buyout price and I will NEVER deal with reliance again. Despicable way to treat long term customers. And I will let everyone know.

rented water heater

• Ad
              Adventures of BamBam Sep 17, 2019

You probably need a venting upgrade. This is gas code not reliances problem .

• Ro
              Rolande Carrier Oct 25, 2019

@Adventures of BamBam Amen to you Rosie. We are dealing with the same issue and Reliance is the worst company we've ever had to deal with. When you call them, you get someone in a different country that answers the phone and when you ask to have a supervisor call you back, no one does. There is NO comfort in the company Reliance Home COMFORT.

• Zw
              zwei2001 wei Oct 30, 2019

@Adventures of BamBam Reliance should pay any loss caused anyway!

Aug 07, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — technician was a no show and there's been no hot water for 3 days!

My hot water has not been working for the past 3 days. The technician said he was supposed to be here today...

Reliance Home Comfort air conditioner

I had purchased an air conditioner from Reliance. Reliance had installed the wiring of my air conditioner in a hazardous way instead of installing the wiring along the outside wall, it was installed from the air conditioner across to the wall where it is hazardous and potential for anyone tripping and falling. I contacted Reliance close to a month ago and 2 technicians had assessed the situation and had done exactly the same by taking a photo and notifying their manager to send another technician to fix the wiring for they too stated it was done the wrong way. I was told that a manager was to contact me.

To date August 5, 2019, I have not heard from any manager nor the status of anyone coming from Reliance to fix this problem. If I don't hear from Reliance by the end of this week, I will file a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau complaints department and the media. I will appreciate your response. I can be contacted at [protected] or [protected]@outlook.com. My address is 2057 Stonehenge Cres., Gloucester, ON, K1B4N7. Thank you.

Best,
            Ruby Crisostomo

Aug 02, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — servicing of heating and ac unit acct# [protected]-2187073

I received a phone call supposedly from your company if I was interested in a service plan for my furnace and...

Jul 30, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — furnace ac and humidifier install

The install was May 29 2019 the installers left 3 holes in my ceiling and did not cover as promised in...

Reliance Home Comfort scam people and diagnose wrong problem

A Reliance technician came to check what is wrong with the air condition in our 6 yr old house in London. He came and told us that the problem is a refrigirate leak that cost 1500 + HST. He said the problem is in level 7 highest level that need major repair. We called another service from another company and the guy came and said AC is running but not removing humidity. He said refrigirate level is ok. He just activated the HRV and AC works fine. He charged me 80 + tax in this service. Not to mention Reliance charged us to 99+ HST ON WRONG DIAGNOSTIC REPORT. Reliance is scammer. Always get second opinion.. their technicians are salesman.

Reliance Home Comfort home lien

I am in the process of buying a investment property and am getting a home equity loan as I am mortgage free. As my lawyer is doing a check on my property he informs me there is a lien on my home from 2035881 Ontario Inc. I have no clue who that company is until I googled it and found out it was reliance ! I am extremely upset by this ! For a goddamn furnace which I bought ! Are you serious ?? This is abuse of power ! What gives you the right to do such a thing ? The bbb should hear about this and Minister of Consumer Affairs !

Jul 15, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — new a/c install not working

New A/C was installed in June 2019 and paid for upfront. On 2 separate occasions last week technicians came...

Reliance Home Comfort hot water tank venting pipe

I have been having issues with the venting pipe on the rental HWT (HOT WATER TANK) for about 2 weeks now...there have been multiple visits to the site 146-4975 Southampton Dr, Mississauga, ON, L5M 8C9. There always some sort of excuse that the issue needs someone else to come & look at things or the appointment gets cancelled and postponed. What is going on? This is the worst customer service I have experienced in all my life. I am paying your rental charges on time & I have a HWT that does not work as the venting pipe is damaged. This is an absolute scam! Kindly call me back at the earliest so that his issue can be resolved.

Frank Farhad Tarapor
                  [protected]
                  [protected].

Jul 08, 2019

Reliance Home Comfort — air conditioner repair for health facility

We booked repair Air-conditioner on Jun 26, 10 AM-2 PM, on Jun 27, 10 AM- 2 PM, 1 PM-5 PM, on Saturday Jun 29...