Regus Office Spacesly business practices

Regus reminds me of Hotel California, you can check in anytime but you just cant leave.

The business practices followed by the company are sharp to the extent of being sly.

I took the office space for 5 people, I signed and paid the money. To my surprise I found that I have some other room allotted to me which just can’t accomodate 5 people. It looks smaller in size. The fire escape diagram confirmed my belief that the place was only meant for 4 people.

The answer from Regus’ Not-Yet-Turned-Devil Salesman was "Sorry you negotiated too much so I gave you an office which fitted your budget."

A 4 Seater in the name of 5!! And the Salesman thought this was an unnecessary detail which need not be mentioned.

The internet connection was not as good as we thought, so we decided to get it removed. We learnt "Sir you may not use it but it will still be billed"

As time passed, I realized that the agreement was totally out of sync with what I was sweet talked into by NOW-A-COMPLETE-DEVIL Salesman.

To be honest, I did not read the agreement very carefully, because we had lengthy discussion with the salesperson where he "explained" everything.

READ THE FINE PRINT IN THEIR CONTRACT.

The Hidden Charges and Exit VO fees was conveniently hidden in the fine text of the agreement. There is nothing like SPIRIT in the agreement, just the LETTER.

Earlier I thought this was an INDIA only problem but I am surprised to see how they have managed to systematically defraud people across the globe.

As I think about the whole experience more rationally, I think:

1. Bigger (Deep Pocketed) Companies will not have a problem with this. They might also have a lawyer review the agreement etc.

2. Small Companies which act on "Good Faith" are the real victims. They are conveniently used by Regus to fill up the office space to meet sales target and then conveniently pushed around.

The Total Cost of Ownership after taking into account hidden charges and the pain of reasoning out with Regus is just not worth the trouble.

BEWARE OF THIS COLD BLOODED BLOOD-SUCKING CORPORATION.

• De
    developer234 May 04, 2010

We are facing same issues with the Regus office in India. BEWARE OF THESE GUYS. I would never trust a word they say. They tell outright lies, and then they present you something completely different in writing! We had told their sales agent that we are a software development company and we need a specific amount of bandwidth. Their sales agent Naman lied to us in our face, to 3 people, that they have a bandwidth of 5 Mbps. Then we found out that the center has a bandwidth of 2 Mbps. Not only that, because it was shared, we get about 7Kbps! Nothing can get pushed through.
    When we tried to resolve this matter, we called the sales agent, the center manager, then we were told that they will take care of the issue. Then they totally ignored the problem. We called their corporate office in US. Talked to Patty Cronin, their Director of Operations in US. She bounced us off to someone else, Rahul Walia, Then he told us that someone else by the name of Medhusudan Thakur (he never called!), then we were told that Michael Ormiston from their Asia Pacific division will be contacting us. Well, we did talk to him, and what he promised us on the phone and what we got from him, was a classic bait and switch!
    BEWARE OF THESE GUYS is not enough!!!

• Ex
    eximtrade May 05, 2010

From: Eximtrade
    Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:03 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Cc: [email protected] ; Ramit EUROPE
    Subject: Regarding : Complaint about Regus Delhi Office.

SENWA: SUSTAINABLE TECHNOLOGIES IN ENERGY EFFICIENCY & RENEWABLE ENERGY GENERATION
    2010-04-20
    ----------------
    To,
    The Regus Head Office,
    22 Grenville Street, St. Helier, Jersey, JE4 8PX.,
    26, Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg

Kind Attn. : Andrew Brown, Group Communications Director, T. +[protected] +[protected] ; M. +[protected] +[protected]

Regarding : Complaint about Regus Delhi Office.

Dear Sir/Madam,

We had good experience in having relationship with Regus USA.
    We start to use the services in New Delhi India from September 01, 2009 where since beginning we are having problems. The people working at Regust, Jasola Office are totally unaware about Regus's service culture, very prompt to ask money without providing any service.

We would like to submit as follows:--

1. Two Month Free Service:
    Without giving us dedicated tel no.fax no. the Delhi office has started the service from September First 2009. They inform our tel/fax no. only in October, 2009. There is a need to recorrect the service contract and paid service should start from Nov.2009 and keep October as free.
    Second month service will be given at the end of the contract.
    2. No records of call/fax :-As per our request we asked Regus New Delhi to send us caller/fax details by email as the undersigned always travelling, the Delhi office never informed by email. infect they dial my overseas no. They never keep any person to answer the call, pl. call this no. [protected]
    3. Never Honored their Promise:- It is a fact that due to my regular continuous stay in USA, I am not able to use the Regust New Delhi, so I requested to freeze/suspend for 3 months. They confirmed and asked the payment of Jan/Feb 2010, but after I paid the money they refused to freeze and suspend. (enclosed the copies of email)

We, therefore, have no other option but to discontinue based on ABOVE EXPLAINED reasons. No service, no email from Regus Delhi, since beginning they are not answering our telephones. most of Indian clients never leave any message in voice mail like western countries. Regus Delhi is only interested to charge money without providing their servicers. The customers are cheated due to Regus Brand but there is no commitment for services like Regus Global.

We are totally frustrated with regus New Delhi since very beginning, instead of extending good service, keeping their promise for freezing account, they just trying to forfeit our deposit, which shows that they are not interested to give services and they are not efficient to give services.

• Re
    Reality Bites Dec 01, 2010

What a load of crap these posts are, completely subjective. I.E. "Eximtrade" (obviously don't have the guts to provide your real name and have deleted it from the signed section of the email) did you receive a reply and if so, why haven't you posted it and were you happy with the outcome?
    I've personally had very good experience using Regus in every respect. I'm a management consultant who requires flexible working solutions and they fit the bill. This entire website seems all a bit one sided! Are any of these posts actually checked for validity? If these sites were worthy they would take full name and contact details for disclosure before allowing posts to be made. There are a lot of unscrupulous competitor companies posting and paying people to post on these types of sites. READERS BEWARE AND SKEPTICAL.

• Jr
    JRomulus Dec 13, 2010

I am sure there are people/companies who have a satisfactory relationship with Regus, but the complaints about their policies and business approach have been extremely numerous and consistent over the years.
    Two years ago, I read all of the same negative comments and decided to try them for personal office space. At the time, I informed my sales rep of the timeframe for which I needed the service. I received invoices and paid, and when I was done, I was done.
    But not Regus' collection activities. Six months after I was done with the service I purchases, I started getting bills for unused office space/services that totaled thousands of dollars. Each time I did, I called, emailed or wrote to Dallas (US Headquarters) who said they'd take care of it, and never did.
    This company is absolutely scary to deal with, at best they are either completely disorganized and incompetent or they are flat out crooked. Either way, I'll never do business with them again. Lesson learned.

• He
    Hermione Granger Dec 26, 2010

I agree with JRomulus. I will admit, I worked for this company for several years and many times we encountered many instructions from corporate which we considered unethical. In fact, I got into a tiff with upper management one day during a meeting because I was concerned about our business practices and about employee dissatisfaction with them (upper management). Naturally, she desperately tried to change the subject...Its employees are very unhappy with upper management. We heard many complaints from clients but our hands were tied because of corporate restrictions. Simply put, I would not recommend this company for employment or business.

• Le
    Lee Mac Nov 14, 2011

Let me tell you up front: Regus is garbage.

I have been there for 3 months, and from day one I have had issues with the management and administrative team. For starters, you pay $100 for each individual internet line which is basically capped at 2.5 Mbps. For comparison, I have 20 Mbps (practically 10x faster) at my apartment for $40 a month! Meanwhile, they offer free wireless in the offices for those who may be traveling and staying there. for the wireless internet, it is 3Mbps (fast than the $100/month required "option").

And most importantly, their cancellation policy just [email protected]#$^T me over. They claim they are there to help bolster your business productivity, but if you make a mistake they will charge you for it. For example, I asked them to "cancel" a reservation unaware that I could "reschedule" it instead. And for the semantic discrepancy, they are trying to charge me the booking fee of $150+ for the office. If I would have simply said "reschedule" I would be fine... And of course, they did not tell me that at the time.

I could go on and on. But I will just leave it at that for now. Garbage.

• Iq
    iqbaluk Aug 14, 2015

i have recently business center in islamabad.very very disappointed as business world member and as we are regus serviced office client in uk.
    islamabad centre in Pakistan is very awkward when i reach there they didnt greet well.GM there told that there is no business lounge facility even though regus mentioned on their website and they charge for internet which are very high and also they will charge for any tea or coffee which is very ridiclous as GM was telling rates like coffe shop and he is more interested to charge for tea and internet rather than office .
    Over the internet they mentioned the services are free of cost as also agreed by regus Business world card holder and on enquiry he informed that to use any of business world facility i have to ask their regional head office in dubai to send them email to let us use any services.which is totally not helpful.it feels like i went there to buy the cup of tea not as a business customer.
    - total fake pictures of Islamabad centre on their website
    - no business lounge available
    - no think pods available
    - internet is also not free
    - tea / coffee is also charged
    - No number has been posted on their website for the center and i have to ask karachi office to give the number for islamabad centre as address is also very difficult to find
    - rates of day offices / monthly rental are very high and not according to the local market ( i wonder why they setup offices in local market and not totally check the other office prices in the market which are available at 100 % better prices )