Redboxfalse charges on my account

D Review updated:

DO NOT RENT MOVIES FROM REDBOX!!! This company is ridiculous!! I will NEVER rent a movie from here again! This is the second time that my bank account has been charged almost $100!!! The first time that it happened, back in December I was charged $86 for movies that 3 different machines would not take. spoke to customer service and spent 30 minutes in front of one of their machines with them trying to figure out why it would not take the movies back. Drove to another Redbox and still the same thing, it would not take the movies. I was told to keep them and assured that I would not be charged! LIES!!! I was charged $86. Called customer service back again and was assured that I would be refunded the money, that never happened. At that point I was not going to EVER use them again but a couple of months later fell into temptation from my kids, so I used them again. I just checked my bank account and was charged $12.30, $19.80 and $66 for movies I returned the next day!!! I called them back and spent an hour on the phone with them saying they would refund me $17 and give me a free nights movie rental. OOOOHHHH HECK NO!! I will NEVER use this box again and that is a sad thing because we live in a small county and there is only one place to rent movies, an hour away, besides the redbox. I suggest you check your bank statements!!!

Jan 12, 2009
    RedBox - using coupon but getting charged too!
    2405 Briarwest Blvd
    Houston
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]

I use redbox coupons and they are accpeted and the total is shown as $0 on the redbox kiosk BUT repeatedly, they charge me for the same rentals from my bank account. Ripoff!

Mar 13, 2009

its called a preauthorization charge, ###. its what your bank orders to verify your account is active.

• K
      May 01, 2009
    RedBox - over charging
    Redbox

overcharging my account. took the movies back still charging me. Very bad company. will never use this srevice again

• W
      Jun 24, 2009

Happened to me also. My very 1st rental had a coupon for a free movie used it. Two days later $1.00 deducted from my account. Redbox did not reply to my email or calls. They did send me another promo code email though.

- Nope not gonna use it.
    I know it's only a buck but it's a scam just like KFC!

• G
      Jun 25, 2009

so true. I got $80 charged and those ###s arent doing a damn thing. Bank isn't doing anything either, oh well. Never use those scammers again. They only want your money.

• C
      Aug 05, 2009
    RedBox - unauthorized charges!
    Grand Junction
    Colorado

get this, we have never ever rented a movie muchless through redbox. but somehow we got charged $2.15 and a month later we were charged $51.67. we are in the fun process of having this fixed. we have no idea how they would have gotten our debit number, but this is bad bad business.

• H
      Aug 30, 2009

This same thing happened to me! WTF Same Long process of getting the $210.00 in overdraft fees back from my bank :-( I didnt use this servoce but Im sure paying for it!

Oct 14, 2009
    RedBox - rip off
    Rodbox movie rentals
    Blairsville
    Pennsylvania

This is AMERICA. I spend my money to rent these movies in these machines that look good, then when i get them home to watch them i find out that they are some asian/Japanese speaking crap with only English translate on the bottom. This is a rip off, im not to sittin down to read a movie, if i wanted to read i would pick up a book!! This has happened renting these movies more then once. Its a waste of my money.

• B
      Feb 02, 2010
    RedBox - Overcharges
    Illinois

They charged me 52.44 for movies that had been returned 2 months earlier. I am trying to get them to pay up. Please join my Facebook group, Redbox is a rippoff. The more people the better. I have a link on there for an attorney that is trying to get a class action lawsuit going against them. Thanks for your time.

• D
      May 03, 2010
    RedBox - new movies
    El Paso
    Texas
    Phone: [protected]
    [protected]@yahoo.com

WHAT HAPPEND TO THE NEW RELEASED MOVIES???? THE POINT IS TO RENT THE NEW MOVIES WHEN THEY JUST COME OUT, NOT HAVING TO WAIT 2 TO 3 MONTHS TO GET THEM AT REDBOX!!! I STOPPED RENTING WITH YOU GUYS AND WENT BACK TO H.W VIDEOS TO GET THE NEW RELEASED MOVIES.

Aug 27, 2010

Did you read the screen when you rented the movie. Did it say "foreign film"? Well, that's a pretty good indication that you'll be reading the movie as you're watching it. Perhaps a little bit of reading before making the rental would have saved you having to read for an hour or so.

Sep 14, 2010

Whoever posted this needs to stop COMPLAINING!!! jesus. there are more important things in the world ... that is all =)

• B
      Dec 24, 2010
    RedBox - Ripping me off
    Arizona

Redbox charged me $26 dollars for a movie I retured 2 months ago. Then they claimed they didn't charge me and my bank made an error. Then they found the movie and sent me a apology e-mail with a virus in it. The Redbox company cheated me and they are crooks

• W
      Dec 27, 2010

Yes, Redbox is a pain for sure! I only have one by my house and more often then not it's broken. Unfortunately it's only broken when I'm trying to return a movie and not when I want to rent one. I don't have another close by like some people apparently do, so going to another one is not always an option. I have complained, and sometimes they give me free codes to use and sometimes they ignore me. One time they overcharged me and tried to say I turned my movies in late, so I went online to view my account rentals and it had conveniently disappeared. They then said they were charging me a week later for a movie I returned "late".. which was BS. Then after another week my account info miraculously appreared again. Also I did not return a movie when I thought I did, it was found under the couch, ok so my bad. They said they were going to charge me 25.00 dollars. Ok, that was in August. One day before CHRISTMAS is when they decided to take the money out apparently.. What scrooges... They have your credit card info, they can do whatever they want!

May 09, 2011

I'll let you in on a little secret regarding redbox. if your not "mentally challenged" then they will probably give you your money back if you sound like you have a head on your shoulders. charged 52 dollars for 2 unreturned movies i assume? well i can only conclude your ###ed... jajajajaja

Jul 08, 2011
    RedBox - Double and Triple Billing
    Virginia

I rented a movie from Redbox. I returned it at 5:00 the next day. As this was 4 hours before the 9:00 pm deadline, I should have incurred no further charges for that rental. When I returned it, my card was charged a second time. I contacted Redbox through their website, and was promised a refund of the invalid charges. I never received the refund. I rented another movie, and this time was triple charged.

Jul 25, 2011

Well The thing is you cant get triple or double charged, You either saw a pending charge on your statement which would be an authorization for swiping your card rent 3 idvidual movies or keeping them later, or maybe additional night charges that were pending on your account redbox doesnt see triple charges .

• L
      Aug 30, 2011
    RedBox - No Rental Receipt
    Redbox

Last Redbox dvds i rented from Silverspring downtown Fenton St. Redbox did not sent me a a return confirmation and a rental receipt. This is not good sign please respond asap!

Sep 07, 2011

Call Redbox

• N
      Nov 19, 2011

No confirmation?
    Call customer service
    also if you have an account on www.redbox.com you will be able to see the status of all your transactions registered with the card that you use if you choose to register your card on the site

Dec 31, 2011
    RedBox - wrong charges
    cookeille
    Tennessee

I tried to rent a movie from a redbox machine and got charged for a movie on my debit card but the machine did not give me the movie.

Jan 09, 2012

Did you call redbox?

• G
      Jan 22, 2015
    RedBox - movie return
    306 spruce
    Rapid City
    South Dakota

Tried taking movies back but not redbox locations were not working and I got charged for another day rente fees which is not righ . I would like to be refunded my money or free movie rentals

Oct 16, 2016

Just checked my account and was charged 75$ for 3 movies that I turned in a month ago. After seeing these comments I honestly don't think it would even do any good to even try to get my money back. Won't be renting from Redbox anymore though. That's for sure.

• C
      Nov 05, 2016

This company ripped me off Soooo much money. They were always charging late fees when not late for movies I returned and always reading script when I called complain. They also charged me for renting movies in one week when my car was broken down and that's how I really knew their bs and charged me for a movie I returned. F crooks they need to pay back everyone by auditor and Go TO PRISON!!! THEY stole a lot of money from me and I am only one person.