Rapid PlumbingUnauthorized charges

S

Had a water leak and needed someone to check it out. Called the fancy insert in the yellow pages. When the individual arrived, he couldn't wait to get a signature on a contract. He wouldn't even talk without it. I finally agreed for the primary amount of $45.00. Without any other conversation, he than stated they would need to do a leak detection to find the problem and the cost was to be $485.00. Within 5 minutes, I was told I needed a complete repipe and the cost would be $6800.00. If I only wanted a repair, it would be $3800.00. At this time, I realized that I was getting ripped off and refused to even consider this company to do the work. The person that was here was called Tony.

After doing some research, I contacted an honest company that came and found the leak and did a complete repair for a total of $1200.00. Their work was done professionally, complete and with great satisfaction. I do feel that I was ripped off of $515.00 for a free estimate. I tried to contact Rapid Plumbing but could only contact a receptionist and a request to talk to someone in management for a response but that was not honored.
Anyone that is looking for a good plumbing company, do not in any circumstances, contact Rapid Plumbing.