Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Credit Cards Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah flawed cashback schemes
C
Author of the complaint
11:14 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Rak bank simply better?
Please change this tag line, it does not suit the services and/or policies of rak bank.

My complaint is primarily focussed on the false, bogus and totally flawed cash back schemes run on rak bank titanium credit cards.

The card is sold to the customers by ensuring a 3% cashback and sometimes even a 5% cashback. And after a few months of usage when you realize the cashback is not in line with the promises made, you call the call centre and come to know that the scheme offers a 1% cashback on purchases made below aed 10000 pm, 2% on purchases made from aed 10000 to aed 25000 pm, 3% on aed 25000 plus purchases pm, and 5% only on international usage!

If that lie is not enough for a "simply better service", there are more ways to make fool of customers.

For my september bill, I ask why I received 1% cashback when I was entitled for a 2%. I get a reply that my bill is less than aed 10000. Then I ask why a bill of 9503 when my spending is very well above 10000 & hence entitled to 2% cashback. I get a reply "sir you have to make the purchases before 14th of every month to get them included in the credit card statement and hence get you 2% cashback. We cannot do anything in this case."
At least the telecaller was polite & I tried to forget this case & lose aed 100.

Now for the current month again when my statement was 9124, I make it a point to go and buy worth 1100 odd on 13th night to get the 2% cashback & not leave rak bank with any excuses. But to my utter surprise, rak bank has another new way of justifying the aed 100 loss to its customer by saying "sir it is jack's fault that they took the money on 17th not ours & u better deal with jacky's!" and wow what a rude tone & on asking do I scrap my & my family rak bank cards, a very convenient answer pops out of my telephone set "sir it is entirely your wish!"

Is this what you call "simply better"?

So a net loss of aed 200 in three months time, please give me one good reason why not to be upset about the entire scenario!

More Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah complaints & reviews

Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - harassment
Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - legal and collection department
Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - unprofessional staff
Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - insurance claim on ak bank card
Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - EOSB on-hold
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Rakbank / The National Bank of Ras Al Khaimah - credit card / customer service, lack of knowledge, communications and skills
11 comments
V
Sep 19, 2018 4:28 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My name -vinnyrajeev, my loan is not released now, saying that they want clearance letter, my earlier bank given closure confirmation, it means no pending with them. Then what is the logic on blocking my loan

View 0 more photos
Sep 10, 2018 11:47 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I’ve used my RAK Bank Matser Card once in Dubai Airport for an amount of AED 240. I paid 240 + 20 (interest) = AED 260.

However, the bank is adding each month 250 AED as penality for paid amount!

I decided to not pay these penalities.

Sep 11, 2018 5:48 am EDT

Please told him to contact me Mr.Mustafa Shahid as he blocked my number as well and whatsapp

Sep 06, 2018 3:43 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Today I get a call from rak bank collection department (call from [protected] at 3.12pm) Rak bank representative talk to me very roughly and I feel like blackmailing.So please take necessary action as soon as possible, otherwise should given to that representative better training for customer support.Await for a honest reply.

Aug 21, 2018 2:50 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Call out my number .im waiting for last 90mins in the branch just for a auto loan payment form.and staff service is disgusting specially there is guy who dont how to talk with the customer.punit lalwani

View 0 more photos
Aug 20, 2018 12:24 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i have cancell auto debit sysytem in my account

K
Aug 20, 2018 6:47 am EDT

RAK bank is the worst bank when it comes to charges and collection. Their collection team is most provocative and abusive. They will go to any strength to humiliate the customer. People beware before taking any credit card or loan from RAK bank.

X
Apr 19, 2014 4:12 am EDT

RAK bank are really stupid, someone called me and asking 7000 Dirhams for the credit that was closed 10 years. RAK system is completely rubbish! The system they is actually applicable of a trading who's doing this statement manually. Can't imagine how RAK bank hired this stupid and uneducated people... don't know how to deal with the people.

Sep 06, 2010 2:35 pm EDT

I agree with the above comments, Their people are worst, they don't know the basic personal service. Is there anybody deal with this stupid Cristeta Balneg? I wonder how she landed a job in this kind of service?

F
Aug 10, 2010 6:10 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Actually its not the problem of the Bank, RAK bank is good but the person dealing with the customers are [censor]. They are just having basic education but talking skill is more. I want to write more about this type of things but i know its useless. Who will care but the Bank is just loosing its goodwill.
By
Firoz 500.

Jun 17, 2010 1:43 am EDT

RAK bank is one of the worse banks I dealt with!

I was holding account & loan with them for 2 years, and during last year my salary started to be transferred late due to financial difficulties facing the company, so what the “simply better” bank did is to deduct two month installments from my salary! I received July salary in August 24th and they debited the installment of August & September, 10 days earlier!
Moreover, when I called to enquire about that; the reply was simply it’s not bank problem “since your salary was transferred late; the bank will debit the payment for next month too”! And the guy on the other side was so rude to the point I started screaming.
The funny part after a bad telephone conversation & being totally unhelpful he says:
Is there anything else I can help you with? Thanks for calling RAK bank have a nice day!

RAK Bank Simply Worst!

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

386 complaints