Rainbow Systemrainbow system/owner wouldn't return product within return period

H Jan 22, 2020 Review updated:

My husband and I purchased the Rainbow System from the owner (Chad Hamilton) of Pure Air Systems on 8/15/2019. At the time we thought it was a good idea and it was kind of a snap decision. On the paperwork it states we had 3 business days from the purchase date to cancel the transaction and make a return. Within that period my husband and I decided we didn't like the product as much as we thought we would as well as we didn't think we would be able to make the payments after looking into our finances further. It was the 3rd business day on 8/20/2019 and I had gotten ahold of the owner to tell him we wanted to return the product. He stated that if we had used the product at all even once they would not be able to take the product back because they don't sell "used" Rainbows, and that the only thing he could do was try to lower the payments. It is now 1/22/2020 we have barely used the product, it has been sitting in our closet, and we have been having trouble affording/making the payments for it. Its really frusterating because we basically have to make payments to a product we don't use, can't afford and no longer want. I no longer have the text messages but I have attached the paperwork.

• Mr
    Mr. Helpful Jan 23, 2020

Hi Heather Marie.

You are correct that you are able to cancel the agreement within 3 business days, but the contract does also state that the merchandise must be returnable within the same condition it came to you in. This is new and never used.

Have you considered trying to sell the system on your own and using said funds to pay off you contract amount?

• He
    HeatherMarie24 Jan 24, 2020

@Mr. Helpful Yes, I have been trying to sell it since September maybe? No one wants to buy the whole thing, everyone that contacts me about it just wants the carpet cleaner.