Purity ProductsA Medicine Show - SCAM

An offer of a 'FREE' product trial resulted in unauthorized retention of credit card information, unauthorized shipment of 3 bottles of product and unauthorized charges of $152.60 to our credit card. After researching the multitude of other complaints, we canceled the credit card. The product is non-standardized and non-FDA approved.
- If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck! Purity Products is a SCAM, nothing more than a modern medicine show - snake oil & voodoo! A fraud!

• Pp
    PPResponse Feb 19, 2010

Dear Lightspeed41,

I apologize for any misunderstanding you had with regard to our Free Bottle Offer. When you called the toll free number to place your order for the free bottle, the representative would have offered you the option of being on the Super Saver auto-ship program which provides a significant discount off the retail price as well as free shipping and handling on future orders. They also would have given you information on how to cancel the Super Saver which you are able to do at any time. We record all calls so we can certainly go back and make sure that the offer was presented correctly.

I would also like you to know that all of our formulations contain only premium quality ingredients and our manufacturing exceeds cGMP standards. Additionally, 4 of our biggest selling products are now NSF certified. They are the first of many products we will put through this rigorous, third party, certification process. NSF certification provides an extra measure of consumer confidence that we feel is well worth the cost.

We also believe our Customer Service is second to none. We have a large number of customers and I am happy to say we don’t get many complaints, but even one complaint is one too many. Purity Products proudly maintains an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau because of our commitment to Customer Satisfaction. With that said; if you have any issue still outstanding I invite you to contact our Customer Care Management Team directly at: toll free 1-888-769-7873. They will do whatever is necessary to resolve this matter to your complete satisfaction.

Respectfully,
    Lori Michel
    Quality Control Manager

• Pi
    Pissed off like BACON Jul 31, 2010

Thanks for the copypasta, Ms. Michel! Makes us feel all warm and fuzzy and spacial! *sigh* I'm so stupid to have fallen for this crap of a scam...

• Le
    LeeInOceanside Aug 28, 2011

I just ordered the sample and was not given the choice of credit card not being used again. I was told it was a requirement of the free offer that within 15 days of receipt of the product if I am not satisfied and I call to cance my order they will cancel the 3 bottle shipment. I was told this was not negotiable. I should have just quit while I was ahead. That being said I will now test their product. What I am very upset about is the advertising stating that nothing is added besides thwe Krill oil, fish oil and Vitamin D. I see the bottle lable says all sorts of ingredients including lemon juice and some other stuff I am upset is in this product. The radio advertising makes you really interetsed in trying out the stuff. Then after you order it I check to see what complaints have been noted and I am dissapointed in what I see. I will see what happens and post my results for everyone to see.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices