PurCo Fleet Servicesrental car

A

I had my Honda’s airbag replaced due to the massive recall in February 2015. Since it was going to take two days to repair I was offered a rental car. I was driven to a local Hertz office and was asked to sign one piece of paper and then was handed a set of keys to a Nissan Altima. On my way to work that night I was behind an older truck that stopped suddenly in front of me on the main road near my house. I stopped behind him waiting for him to turn or go on but strangely he proceeded to put the truck in reverse and stepped on the gas smashing the front of this rental car. He then proceeded to speed off with the tires squealing. I called 911 and an officer came and wrote up the incident. I then rode in the tow truck to the Hertz location at the airport. I filled out a single piece of paper and was given another car. I was too shaken up to go to work but did turn in the car the next day at the dealership when the repairs were completed on my car. I did not turn in any claim to my insurance company because Honda had rented this car for me and I thought it would be taken care of. After all, it was their faulty airbag and I was being inconvenienced with having to leave my vehicle with them while they made the repairs. Six months later I received an invoice from Purco Fleet Services wanting me to pay for the damages plus fees, $9, 830.31. I turned the information into my All State insurance. They began processing the claim. All State paid $4, 120.23 to Purco and attempted to negotiate the remaining $4, 922.59 that was not covered which included “Administrative Fees and Loss of Use Fees.” I contacted Debbie Draper who was handling my account and offered a settlement of $2, 500 but she said that would not be enough but she would settle for $3, 800. I told her I would have to see if I could come up with that much money as I am paying my way through nursing school at the moment while working. I sent a payment of $30 several months back to which she replied that would not be a sufficient amount. I sent a payment of $1, 000 in September 2016 which she responded by telling me I would need to sign a promissory note in order to make payments. Out of shear frustration and not wanting my good credit to be affected, I was going to put the remaining balance, $2, 800, on my credit card until I saw where there were several complaints against Purco for fraudulent insurance practices. I certainly do not want to contribute to this company if they are indeed dishonest in their practices. Their “fees” seem very high and I saw where they used factory parts to make the repairs rather than aftermarket parts to keep costs down. If you can look into this company and see if they are legitimate and fair I would feel much better about making payments. Thank you so very much.