PublishAmerica — Blatant Breach of Contract
What boggles my mind is the fact that this and other websites aren't filled with hundreds of agreeing statements of how PublishAmerica.com has-- rendered unsellable most books, stolen royalties, published unedited manuscripts, and blatantly breached contracts to the extent that SOME law-firm SOMEWHERE wouldn't perk their ears and want to start a class action lawsuit.
I too was taken in by their scam and lost my book for 7 years. Their methods of false advertising are slick.
The website makes promises of pie in the sky, but when you receive the "standard contract" it cleverly mentions nothing of the promises on their website.
Remember, the contract is "God" in the legal world.
My book was published with errors that their "editing department" injected, overpriced the book, and rendered it unmarketable to the extent that no book store will stock it, and all on-line bookstores have dropped it from stock.
No professional book reviewer will TOUCH a book published by them. Get that?
You can't PAY someone to review your book if published by PublishAmerica.
The BBB of Maryland was useless. Their reply was that it was a business to business transaction.
The Atty General was useless, they referred me back to the BBB!
All I asked for was for them to lower the price of my book or cancel my contract.
If you are considering using them to publish - Don't.
You are better off buying a laser printer and printing it yourself!
PublishAmerica is a Scam.
More PublishAmerica Complaints & Reviews
- Publish America - Awful company
- Publish America - Breach of Contract, poor printing quality...deserve a refund!
- Publish America - Publishing troubles
- Publish America - booksellers with copies of my books
- Publish America - Manuscript
- Publish America - Stay away from publishamerica.com
- Publish America - book pricing
- PublishAmerica - Scam and cheating
- Publish America - BEING UNFAIR
- America Star Books / Publish America - Bin #-9781456033835 darnell hofler-203-565-4968