The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Publish America — book pricing
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
This is my first published book, a children's book, meant to be read aloud. It is a collection of short stories about a little black dog, maybe 30 pages long. Publish America, at first named a price of $9.99, seemed fair. Then I see the book listed on their website at $24.99! This is a simple book with a price of a major bestseller. When I tried to talk to someone I was directed to a website for authors. You must submit an email and wait for someone to give you half an answer to your questions. They made one adjustment down to 19.99, still too high and when I tried to complain I was told "to ask politely". To add insult I had ordered 10 books when they offered a 50% discount, one day only. They insisted on charging me the higher price even though it had been lowered! Then I get daily offers of 65% off, and when I asked for that price they said it was not false advertising to offer a final discount and then to lower it the next day.
Are there any responsible managers there? The phone rings and an answering machine comes on . I suspect they make all their money badgering the authors to pay for any promotions of the books. I am very disappointed with them and plan to get a lawyer and cancel the contract.
More Publish America Complaints & Reviews
- Publish America - Awful company
- Publish America - Breach of Contract, poor printing quality...deserve a refund!
- Publish America - Publishing troubles
- Publish America - booksellers with copies of my books
- Publish America - Manuscript
- Publish America - Stay away from publishamerica.com
- PublishAmerica - Blatant Breach of Contract
- PublishAmerica - Scam and cheating
- Publish America - BEING UNFAIR
- America Star Books / Publish America - Bin #-9781456033835 darnell hofler-203-565-4968