Protection OneFraud and cheating

When I had problems with their previously installed security system that left half my house unprotected, I was informed that it was an 'old system' and the hardware was no longer supported. They then tried to push me into installing a new system. I shopped around and found another service that could install a new system and provide monthly monitoring for far less money than Protection One. I sent Protection One a cancellation for the monthly monitoring, but they continued to bill me BECAUSE: 1) I had sent the cancellation to the 'payment office' instead of the 'billing office, ' and 2) It is THEIR policy to only allow cancellations every three months. So, despite not even using their service, I have to pay a total of four extra months and mail another cancellation to the 'correct' address. (Silly.)

Read your agreements carefully and just line out things that don't make sense. I don't have time to mess with these guys other than to write this report on their gross lack of: 1) good customer service, and 2) just plain common sense.

Marlene Oct 23, 2008

I've always had excellent service from Protection One. I've had a few other providers over the years, and Protection One is by far the best.

• St
    stephanie winkler Nov 05, 2008

I would like the opportunity to assist you with your concerns. Please contact me at your convenience to ensure that your concerns are addressed and resolved. We at Protection One strive to provide an excellent standard of customer service. I look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,

Stephanie Winkler
    Executive Customer Relations
    Toll: [protected]
    Email: [protected]@protectionone.com

• Bu
    BusinessWatcher Feb 05, 2009

I used to work for this company a few years ago. What a scam! They were getting people at Home Depot to sign up for a "FREE" alarm system, when I fact they were giving all this info to their telemarketers. I worked for them in their call center for only a few weeks when I started noticing them scaming people. They would hand out peoples names, and phone numbers to the telemarketers and try to set up appointments for their "FREE" alarm systems/consultation at your home. When the sales people would get to their house, they would reveal that the system would not even be adequate enough to secure a place with more than one window, or door, and they included the keypad. Don't know where these people get the idea that people in homes only have one window and one door! That is their whole scam is to get their foot in your front door and try to SELL, SELL, SELL, their crappy alarm system. Watch out for this company and anyone who works for them.

• Gr
    grapeman Mar 02, 2009

Having the same issues. Protection One is not a good company. Executive customer service has not helped so their presence on this board really doesn't mean much. Get a self installed security system that uses cell phone. They are cheaper and work just as good.

• Jm
    Jman1020 Jul 01, 2010

Totally agree - thier presence on this post is a PR sham t0 cover for their totally crappy customer service and hidden fees and sales guys who ensure you that you can easily get out if you want.