Progress-energy.com — frustration
We just purchased a home 3 months ago and each month our bill has been around $300.00 for a 1600 sq. ft. home.
I had an all electric home in Ohio never ever did I have a $300.00 bill for one month.
Every time I call them they can't give me any answers, they just tell me how to conserve electric. I had our air unit checked and it is running perfect, we have no lights on in the house during the day, one tv for toddler and at night maybe 2 tv's and one light over kitchen sink, so how in the world can my bill be so high when the kids aren't allowed to turn anything on and we live like we're Amish.
They also suggested doing a breaker test, not sure about anyone else but if your not used to dealing with electricity and your not an electrician then it's kind of risky. I told them if I could afford to pay a $300.00 a month bill, then I could afford to hire an electrician to come out and check it.
I went as far as calling the North Carolina Public Utilities Commision to enlist their help with this problem.
All they can do is have progress energy check the meter which is better than nothing just incase the meter is bad.
Ughhhh. It's just so frustrating.
More Progress-energy.com Complaints & Reviews
- Duke Energy - reconnection times 
- Progress Energy - terrible customer service 
- Progress Energy - high bill and excessive fees 
- Duke Energy - power pole price to move 
- Progress Energy - additional deposits 
- Duke Energy Corporation - road plate in cincinnati ohio 
- Duke Energy - power outage
- Duke Energy - unethical behaviour 
- Duke Energy - billing charges from previous billing
- Duke Energy Corporation - business disruption, property damage