Premier Parking EnforcementParking Service

B

This article is a year old, but due to experiencing a similar scenario last night with my son, I felt the need to share in hopes it would help someone avoid this scam. When finding parking for last night's game in Houston, we tried to find a parking lot central to the restaurant and Minute Maid Park. The lot we chose didn't have an attendant, there were only machines. The instructions when using the machine we chose to pay at were somewhat confusing and we didn't find out until after the transaction that we'd only paid for one hour, so we decided to just eat and find parking elsewhere for the game. We shared a meal, because we weren't that hungry, and we're trying to stick to our budget for the game. We made it back just in time before our hour was up.

Surprisingly, our car had locked boots on the wheels with a note saying we had to pay $120 to have the wheels unlocked!! The note had been placed 30 minutes earlier!!

I called the number on the ticket after my son took a picture of the timestamp on my paid parking receipt, a screenshot of the time on his phone, and the note from the parking company with its timestamp.

The guy comes out about 20 minutes later to unlock our car, and I explain respectfully that we had returned prior to the required time and there must've been a mistake. He explains to me with no feelings whatsoever and without looking me in the eye that I had paid at the wrong machine, he even knew which machine I had paid at. So, he knew I had paid in good faith, and it was clear that I had every intention of paying, but had simply made a mistake. Keep in mind, this parking lot was FAR from being full.

I told him I was happy to pay the parking fee, and that I was just confused. Again, with no eye contact and no empathy he just indicated my only choice was to pay him to unlock the boot or to call a wrecker company and incur those fees. He had his clipboard and pen ready for me to pay. He was with Premier Parking Enforcement.

If you read the attached article, it's different than our situation, but when we went to the next parking lot, there were guys waving us in, and the machines were covered with a jacket. Guys were ready to take our money. After our previous experience I felt more comfortable handing my money to a person, right? Fortunately, that approach worked for us, but turns out you have to watch for that too because there can be people posing as attendants!!

Either way, this Premier Parking Enforcement is making a killing from people who either make an honest mistake OR pay a false attendant, unbeknownst to them. Beware, because it seems to be rampant.