PostmatesCredit card was charged by postmates after the restaurant cancelled my order

C May 11, 2020

I placed an online order at Pastini's restaurant on May 10th through their website. The restaurant cancelled it at 7:21 PM immediately after I placed the order. The restaurant said they were over their capacity for filling orders before they closed. Would have been nice for them to decline the order but that's okay.

Apparently Pastini uses Postmates for processing the order. Postmates immediately charged my credit card. Neither the restaurant or Postmates would credit my card for the charge. Pasitini said it was up to Postmates. I called Postmates help desk and they said they would reverse the charge in a day or two and put the timing at the foot of my bank. Customer service would credit my card and gave me the stiff arm. Asking for a supervisor, I was told supervisors do not speak to customers, I need to send them an email. They would however ask someone to call me and then hung up.

Still no call back.

So looks like I wait to see what happens with the credit card and will probably have to file a complaint through the card company.

Two take aways for me - Pastini just lost a long-time customer and DO NOT use Postmates for anything, ever.

• Qu
    Queenie Nottellin Aug 14, 2020

We order about 35.00 worth of chinese food to be delivered via Postmates. They took out 98.00 for our 35.00 order?!!! Thats obscene. So wrong. NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE POSTMATES and I am also filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

NOT OK Postmates!!