PlayPhone IncUnauthorized Charges by PlayPhone Inc.

I am currently an AT&T wireless customer. Upon reviewing my charges for March through April 2009, I discovered a $15.85 chage for 'Digital Content' applied to my phone by PlayPhone Inc. I notified AT&T immediately. The customer service agent was very helpful and ensured that the subscription was cancelled. In addition, she explained that there are companies who solicit cell phone users via text and automatically begin a monthly subscription if you do not reply. These charges can range from $9.99 to 14.99$ (plus tax). She advised that if I receive any text solicitations, that I should reply with STOP or END so that the unauthorized services are discontinued.

• Ro
    Robert B. MacDonald Dec 30, 2016

A $9.99 charge showed up on my Dec., 2016 Sprint account. I did not sign/authorize or agree to this. Sprint says they will block 3rd parties from my account. They feel though that I had to agree or request, else the charge wouldn't show up. A scam for sure. Hope they get shut down.

• Be
    belinda dimmer Aug 03, 2010

i have had £10.00 taken from my pay as you go from a company i do not know{grass roots } and dont wish to,
    they have no right takeing money without my permision i have no dealings with this company,
    i rang 02 to ask why and they said i had a premium tex of them not true i want the £10.00 refunded a.sa.p
    regards a very angry and upset Belinda Dimmer

• Be
    belinda dimmer Aug 03, 2010

i have had £10.00 taken of my pay as go phone by a company called grass roots who i donot know and do not wish to .
    they have NO RIGHT TO TAKE MONEY WITHOUT MY CONSENT i have not recieved anything from this company and i want the return of my £10.00 A.S.AP
    BELINDA DIMMER,

• Ab
    abc_123 Jun 01, 2010

It sounds like AT&T authorizes it to start with as the charges went through your AT&T accounts.

• Co
    coorschick Jun 05, 2009

This is exactly what happened to me two charges of $14.99 on my bill from payphone.com. Don't use payphone never heard of payphone and don't use any of their services. ATT only credited one month may call back to get the other month credited. ATT was not as helpful to me as to you ;( Thanks for the tip to stop any other charges.