Menu
Home Electricians & Plumbing Pimlico Plumbers not guaranteed and unreliable

Pimlico Plumbers review: not guaranteed and unreliable

A
Author of the complaint
3:53 am EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My boiler was not keep up pressure and as the end of the day was approaching on a cold November night, I called Pimlico plumbers to attend to it. Their engineers, polite and clean cut diagnosed the fault very quickly "found leak in ensuite bathroom radiator so made safe". He told us that we should consider a new towel rack (he provided a quote of £550+VAT) and also he said that he had not heard of our boiler brand before so we should consider changing the boiler at some point. When asked whether any of these repairs were urgent he said no. We paid £156 which we considered fair under the circumstances. Fast forward12 hours and the system has not pressure and we have no heat. These things happen of course, so Ii expected the nice man to come back and go over his work. Pimlico were quick to point out that their work was not guaranteed and a new visit by the engineer would be chargeable at £156/hour. When I pointed out that it had been less than 12 hours since the repair I was referred back to the invoice which said that the work was not guaranteed. I asked to speak to a manager, but I was told that the managers are busy and would not say anything different. I brought in a plumber for another company who quickly identified another leak in the system (pretty obvious as there was water under the radiator) and quickly fixed it. I emailed Pimlico again with this information and I was told that their engineer would not look for another leak once he found one (supposingly to save the customer money). Considering that there were only 5 radiators and one had water under it, I hardly think that much investigation was needed, especially since the engineer had bled the radiator and would have seen the leak. All in all, if you are considering using this company, beware that they do not stand behind their work even if their repair lasts less than 12 hours.

Update by Alexandra K
Nov 20, 2018 6:46 am EST

My complaint was of course not resolved. Four years following the complaint, a representative from the company emailed me to say that they wanted to address my issues. . Per my complaint the issue was that the company provided shoddy, overpriced service and did not stand behind their repair. I told the representative who emailed me that he could resolve the issue by refunding me the money for the repair that they did not fix. He said that after all this time, he did not know if it was possible. This was the last I heard form him until I saw that my complaint was resolved because the could not reach me. This is not true and I have the email communication to prove it. If Pimlico thinks that the best way to resolve a complaint is to wait 4 years and then pretend that they could not contact me so that they can claim that the complaint was resolved, then I wonder which customer service school they attended.

I wonder if all the other resolved complaints about Pimlico were resolved in a similar manner.

More Pimlico Plumbers complaints & reviews