Picmonkey.comCompany charged me and ignored my emails

P

I signed up for the website www.picmonkey.com and was really excited with the free services and possibility to edit photos. But they charged me for something, and when I tried to reach them, no one replied to my emails. They took about $10, no large sum, but I was afraid that they knew my personal and card info. I want to stop this company and get money back. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

• T2
    T2DL Apr 18, 2020

I cancelled this service months ago yet they continue to bill my account!! I've sent emails and get no response. I'm unable to find a phone number. I need my money refunded and billing to finally stop!! I can't even log in anymore to go through my account. Does anyone have a phone number for this company? Please assist.

• Td
    tdfit marker Jan 05, 2020

Hi, I wanted to contact picmonkey for unauthorised debit on my account. I don't want to proceed with the subscription however i was debited without warning or double checking. I am out of work at the moment and I nearly fell down my couch when they took my last rent money. Please help me as I don't know what to do.

Jacque Monroe Apr 30, 2019

I have a new card because there were fraudulent charges on my account. Updated my card information and I still don't have access to the paid features because the account is stuck on "RENEW."

I guess everything is okay as long as they are able to keep charging, but to not be able to use the services after paying is bogus.

Comments
    Comments

Brenda Mad Apr 11, 2019

The usual thing PicMonkey does...instantly charge cards when the account is void. I will NOT recommend PicMonkey. Especially since they are very hard to contact...if at all. And if you do, you will be lucky if they even respond back. My suggestion - cancel your card and get another one because they will ALWAYS continue to charge since they have your card number.

• Ka
    Katrina Lynn Feb 08, 2019

I cancelled my free trial weeks ago and was just charged $71.88 for services I never used. I want my money back.

Brenda Mad Apr 11, 2019

@Katrina Lynn Good Luck! They rarely answer.

Brenda Aday Keel Dec 27, 2018

My PicMonkey account auto-renewed. I now need to cancel and receive a refund. PICMONKEY IS NON-RESPONSIVE—I emailed them 7 days ago. Also, there is NO “Cancel Subscription” option available when I log on to my account. No way to do business!!

Brenda Mad Apr 11, 2019

@Brenda Aday Keel I totally agree. This company is extremely difficult to contact and IF you contact them, they are extremely slow to respond...if at all.

• Mi
    misti beck Dec 11, 2018

I was charged $71.88 on a account that I canceled the membership for back in September...I am very very upset and want this fixed ASAP. I did not want to renew this service especially annually. I need to be contacted by someone asap. I have sent a ticket to be looked at a no contact still.

[protected]

Invoice #us2018-893568 11/21/2018
    charged

• Me
    Mercy1790 Nov 12, 2018

I am scared with this company as they didn't even notify me about the charges they have incurred in my card. They have charged me a total of 33 USD. I am not even using their applications!

• Pu
    purpledruzyamethist Sep 13, 2018

Hello i just was purchased with 89, 88 on my paypal acc and i want to cancel and delete my acc by you as i don't used it, so the thing is I am unanployed and have a little 4 years old child...now u took my whole money i dont even had so much only 60 euro till the end of the Month. Please cancel and Refund me my money...i really couldn't log in as i didnt have internet this days. Please AsAp cuz i don't have money.
    I just deleted my account cuz i am in shock ..i know its my fault you will think that i didnt came online but as i said i have no internet cuz i didnt pay it...ohh god please help me was all my money 64 euro i just looked my bank acc is in minus now omg.
    please let me know what is happening i really don't need ure Product and i don't lie i really can proove all the things above i did write i am crying really i don't have money anymore please help me please hello...i cant log out till i dunno what is going on...please help

• Us
    user1881562 Aug 02, 2018

this company did the same [censored] to me!!! i was charged $77 after i [censored]ing canceled my membership even when they said they going to charge me $5.99 a month. WTF!!! I WANT MY [censored]ING MONEY BACK!!! i didnt use picmonkey for a year so why tf are you charging me $77 [censored]ing dollars!!!

Chauntice Bowers Feb 02, 2017

PicMonkey ripped me off charging me $44 instead of $7.99, even thought I cancelled the subscription. I need a phone number or to talk to someone !!

• 4j
    4Jango Jan 28, 2017

In very small writing in the drop down agreement they have a renewal clause. Most people don't see. I was so angry when I learned this after they popped me for a year of 4.99 charges. Seriously, this company is a unethical as they come. They don't even have a customer service phone system. Just an answering machine that tells you to email them. Rediculous.

• Ap
    AP6 Apr 09, 2017

@4Jango Is there something you did for them to stop taking your money monthly?

Brenda Mad Apr 11, 2019

@4Jango Totally agree. PicMonkey sells in the public eye BUT hides from tiny clauses and they are very hard to contact.

Brian Janus Oct 08, 2016

This company has ripped off my checking account for over $105! ... They were only authorized for ONE CHARGE, but today going back through my credit card history, I discovered that they have hit my card 11 times over the last 9 monts!! The last time they hit it twice in one month! This place is a complete RIPOFF

Brenda Mad Apr 11, 2019

@Brian Janus Totally agree.

John1010 Feb 03, 2016

My credit card has been charged about $33 three times in the last two weeks by picmonkey. I have not used picmonkey, nor have I signed up to anything with them. The credit card account was new two months ago and has not been used online and only in one local shop.

• Pi
    picmonkey May 19, 2014

Hi Polic34

Sorry if you had trouble reaching us... we are a couple days behind in our help desk as we recently had our customer support leave. It's likely we'll get through them today but if you don't hear from us please email us directly at [email protected] and we'll be glad to help you out.

For the record, there is no need to sign up to use the free portions of our website. We offer a "Royale" membership that takes away the ads and allows you to access additional effects and graphics. When you sign up for Royale you are charged immediately and that automatically renews unless you cancel the membership.

Canceling is as easy as clicking a link on your Account page. When you cancel you keep the time you've paid for so you don't have to worry about "timing it". You can cancel right after signing up if you only want it for a month.

Hope that helps and we look forward to hearing from you to sort this out.

-Anthony / PicMonkey.com

• Ni
    NikkiTye1 Jul 21, 2018

@picmonkey Hi Anthony
    I have emailed you al several times about refunding my $119 that I was charged after cancelling my subscription after the one week. Something needs to be done about this, it isn't right that no one responds to emails in a timely fashion or at all

Brenda Mad Apr 11, 2019

@picmonkey A couple of days? More like over a month. No wonder...