Philips International Logo

Philips International

Having problems with Philips International?

1800 880 180 (Malaysia)
1800 599 988 (Vietnam)
1800 504 6200 (Mexico)
+31 205 977 777 (Netherlands)
+1 888 744 5477 (USA and Canada)
+61 130 036 3391 (Australia)
+64 800 658 224 (New Zealand)
+44 207 318 4010 (United Kingdom)
+353 15 245 443 (Ireland)
+32 27 007 260 (Belgium)
+45 35 444 130 (Denmark)
+351 800 780 903 (Portugal)
+41 444 882 211 (Switzerland)
+852 26 199 663 (Hong Kong)
+63 28 427 746 (Philippines)
+65 67 487 534 (Singapore)
+27 112 017 777 (South Africa)
+82 806 006 600 (South Korea)
+66 26 143 340 (Thailand)
+54 800 888 7532 (Argentina)
Royal Philips, Amstelplein 2
Amsterdam
Netherlands - 1096BC

Complaints & Reviews

poor quality product!

I purchased a Phillips CTV (34 PT 8322 model), for an amount of Rs.42,000 on 30.10.2005 in Tirumala Music Center, Abids, Hyderabad. A warranty for 1+2 years was also extended. But unfortunately, the said CTV developed defect, such as, improper and disturbance in the clarity. However, bearing with it, I approached the Phillips Company and requested for rectification. I have also requested the Phillips Company on 29.11.2006 vide complaint No.2624. The Company was pleased to depute its representative, by name, Mr. Umapathi, who rectified the defect then and after a month or so, the said CTV developed the same defect and again on 25.1.2007, a request complaint was registered with the Company vide complaint No.3530. Subsequently also vide request complaint No.4400 dated 21.23.2007 and 5886, dated 21.6.07, were made to the Phillips Company over phone and also by personal visits. But the defect remained unattended to so far. Now the said CTV has been completely unserviceable (ie., it is almost dead TV). Following are the dates on which I made request complaint.

1. Complaint No.2624, dated 29.11.2006;
2. Complaint No.3530, dated 25.01.2007;
3. Complaint No.4400, dated 21.03.2007
4. Complaint No.5886, dated 21.06.2007

It is painful to mention that a reputable Company like Philips to act as such. Having spent hard earned huge amount of money and despite persuasions both by personal visits and over phone, the said CTV is not rectified. I suffered mental agony. I was put to much inconvenience and made to spend further amount towards my personal visits and telephone calls. My entire family members suffered irreparable loss for want of CTV, for which the company is liable for compensation. It is reliably learnt that my neighbor who approached for the purchase of the said model TV, the said neighbor informed that the production of the said model has been stopped since it has developed defect. So far the company has not responded.

DON'T PURCHASE PHILIPS TVs and read your warranty card immediately after purchase!

bad customer service

On July 23, 2007 i purchased a Philips DVD Home Theater System. On Sep 1, 2007 it was no longer working. It would not eject the DVD, would not play or do anything.

I called Philips and was told I first have to mail them the component at my expense and it would take a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks business days for them to send me a replacement. I'm upset because first of all the component should not have problems this soon and I should not have to spend my money returning it. Good Customer Service would have mailed out a new component along with packaging/postal materials for the item that will be returned.

• Se
    SEKHAR ROY Jul 02, 2007

I have purchased a DVD home theater system from Philips. But from the beginning I have facing problem with remote control receiver unit. To check the transmitting unit I have procured a remote checker. By this I checked the remote and found ok. The machine was serviced by philips service engineer at Mangalore. But after 4 month the same problem has been arising. The DVD player is only 1 year old. Last week the warranty period was expired. I am filling very very bad about the Philips product and I think this is my last philips product. Regarding this problem I had send a mail to Philips customer care also but without vain.

I am presently working in HPCL. I know that company reputation is very much required in todays business.

Matt Smith Dec 02, 2007

as per stated by your warranty:

This Limited Warranty does not cover:
    • Shipping charges to return defective product to Philips.

audio not working

DVD Player purchased from Shree Laxmi Electronics, Adajan Road OPP: Bhulka Bhavan School, Surat.

Dealer claims that he is only the distributor of South Gujarat region.
At the time of selling the product he made so many promises about good service, but now he demands Rs. 250/- service charge for any services render to customer even though the product is in warranty period.

I brought the product from nearest Phillips dealer, because he is adjacent to my home. But what a stupid reply from dealer, I don't believe that Phillips, a great company, have such foolish dealer.
They are not giving service even at 2 minutes distance without charge, even a warranty period s in force.

I want company's intervention to resolve grievance.

don't buy thier junk products!

We bought a 32" Magnavox regular ole' tv for $296.79 Model# 32mt3305717 Serial # YA1A0544036205 Jan.08-2006. Fast forward August 3,2007... started we would turn it on 3 times before it would stay on. Two days later it would not do anything. Called Magnavox trying to get some type of compensation on the future repair bill. They will call back in 2-3 business days. Three days later they called and wanted me to fax a copy of the receipt. They said they would call back in 2-3 days. I faxed a copy of the receipt and waited. 2 days later they called and wanted me to "lighten it up and refax it." I lightened it up and got copy of my discover card bill and refaxed both to them. Three days turned into five and they called and said they would only compensate up until 18 months. We were out of luck @ 19 months.

I though Phillips / Magnavox was a good quality product. I was wrong all I got was THE RUNAROUND and a broke tv for $300. $296.79 divided by 19 months $15.62 I rented a tv for 19 months... J-U-N-K , DO NOT BUY MAGNAVOX / PHILLIPS !

spots and lines on tvs philips!

I purchased a 42" Philips Plasma HDTV approximately 18 months ago. I am pleased with the set except for the following. I have burn in on my screen. It was not caused by a still image on the screen but by long exposure from the sun through a vaulted ceiling half round window. The "spots and lines" are in line with shadows that were cast in certain areas of the screen.

I called Philips and they were absolutely no help and I waited 15 min. to talk to customer service , which I was instructed to take it to an authorized repair center. I argued that the owners manual did not warn against long exposure to the sun. They had no comment.

My warranty is out and I am stuck with expensive damage to my TV. I suggest buying a store warranty for any HDTV set. The only electronic store warranty I suggest.

Tony C
Georgia

• Le
    leon984489 Aug 20, 2018

Suposed to have a home delivery today. Philips Singapore Missing in action and no call.
    We had cancelled our outdoor activities to wait for this delivery.Very disappointed with Philips Singapore.

lack of after sales service and misbehavior by the staff

I had bought 32"Phillips matchline 3yrs ago. We bought the product because of the company's good after sales services. But in last 2yrs the television set has already caused too many hassles. The service engineers took the t.v set to their workshop but have not returned it for the past 2 months. They also suggested replacement of the t.v sets' crucial parts whose cost they said comes upto Rs6000 excluding service charges. The television has not been repaired since. Also,the manager in charge showed lack of interest and behaved rudely. They even challenged us to file a complaint against them.

• Valerie Sep 14, 2008

I contacted Philips consumer products regarding a defective television on 9/3/08 and they did not respond. The television is 1.5 years old and the screen has gone black. After researching the problem on the internet, I found several other consumers issuing the same complaint. The television is a Magnavox 20 MF 251W Series.

• Ri
    Richard Sep 15, 2008

Bought 20 " flat screen lcd tv warranty is up. They said they would extend the watrranty for $289 and send a replacement new or refurb in its place. This is unexceptable for the cost of the unit I think they shuold just replace it free of charge.

• Su
    Surjo Jul 08, 2010

I bought a Philips 17" Color Monitor (not LCD) 4/5 years ago. Model # 105S5. In the mean time the front side 3 buttons were not works properly. But it was not a great problem that my purpose was serving. Suddenly one month ago it shows the dialogue box mentioned main menu and often "main menu is locked" and the buttons are not working properly. Only (-) button working in wrong order. In the essential working it is disturbing again and again. Automatically changing order and after some time it is abolishing. Several times seen the problem and disturbing. Where is service center in Dhaka I don't know. Please give me a mail in my "[email protected]" account a sweet solution.

Malko Aug 11, 2010

It was less than 2 months of purchase and this 42 inch flat screen stopped working, I called them on June 24th & it is now August 10th, no one has called me back or repaired the TV, I went to the place it was purchased, only to find out I had to go through all of these steps, by calling Phillips, I have been told the part was found, I am not sure how they know what part is needed, no one came and looked at the TV, then I was told the part is on back order, and several delaying stories, The consumer does not have the option of bringing it back to the place of purchase for a refund, at this point I want my money back to purchase a better brand. The Reference number is 96s46 at Phillips. The problem was escalated several times by the reps and I to Phillips Consumer Affairs and still no resolution to the growing issue, this is unacceptable.

• Na
    Navneeta Nav Pathak Apr 29, 2015

• Na
    Navneeta Nav Pathak Apr 29, 2015

We had bought a Philips mixer cum grinder about 3 years ago. It stopped working and we found a service centre @ Vashi, navi mumbai. Once we reported there we were advised that we drop the mixie and call after 3 days to know details of repairs and the total charges that we wil have to pay. After 3 days when we reported we were told that the motor will have to be totally replaced and the coupler will have to be renewed too. Total charges including servicing will be Rs 3500. When we enquired about the warantee and the warantee for the new parts replaced we were advised that it would be for ONE MONTH ONLY. We requested that the Philips make brand new parts should carry warantee of atleast 6 MONTHS, the dealer refused to accept . We called the customer care and were connected to area service manager and that gentleman too refused for longer warantee for the parts renewed, stating that it was the company policy !!! I ask, why PHILIPS CHARGES SKY HIGH FOR THE NEW PARTS AND THEN GIVE ONLY 1 MONTH WARANTEE ??? NO BODY HAS had the ANSWER IN PHILIPS, and perhaps they closed the chapter sending me an sms today if I was satisfied !!! I AM NOT !!! AND, I DEMAND THE TOP MANAGEMENT TO REPLY TO THIS, ASAP.

horrible service - terrible product

We purchased a Philips DVD Burner DVDR75 for $500.00. It NEVER worked properly. The picture transfer was not true to the original and the unit was so sensitive that it would not record if the picture was too snowy. It also crashed while watching DVDs. We were trying to convert personal videos to DVD. We always had problems during the entire time. We would only receive software upgrades and we always had to speak to someone in India. We also had color issues with a Philips TV. The companies service and products are unreliable and the worst to deal with. I will NEVER deal with them or buy another product from them EVER again. Absolute GARBAGE!

worst service and worst product!

1 and half year back I have purchased one dvd hi-fi system of phlips, and within 5 month it got some technical problem, I contacted with service center and they had replaced my dvd. But after 9 month that replaced dvd started showing technical problem (track struck, system hang etc) when contacted the service center on 13/01/07 they told me to submit the dvd. But even after a month they haven't repaired the DVD but raised an estimate of Rs.2100/-. Now I am totally dissatisfied with the quality of such a big brand name. You are requested to consider the importance of this issue and look into it on priority basis. Losing one customer wont effect your business but losing the faith of customers may effect you. Never purchase Philips goods.

James West Feb 06, 2007

Philips customer service sucks. They should not even call it customer service. I just bought a Philips home theater system less than 3 months ago and just last night, a dvd got stuck in the drive (it will not eject for anything). I called customer service and they told me the only possible solution would be to unplug the whole system for 1 minute and plug it back in. Well BIG SURPRISE, this did not work. So then the guy tells me that we have to send the WHOLE unit back, including all of the speakers to have it "repaired", and we have to pay for shipping! The guy was completely incompetent.

• Ha
    Harish Alwar Jan 17, 2008

I have the same model and to be honest Phillips really sucks.. I bought FWD550 in july 2006. In Jan 2007, the sound output for Radio, Cassettes and Aux stopped. Only audio CDs could be heard. Called up Svc center, the guy and took the unit, after a week delivered it. The joy was shortlived as in sept 2007 (after the warranty period), the CD/DVD player stopped working properly. Whenever I entered DVD/CD, the system just hangs, and displays "RESET". No other buttons work then. I can't even change the mode to radio or cassette. I have to shut down the unit for a min and switch it on only to get the same problem. Worst thing is the tray cannot be opened. Phillips product really sucks... I paid 17.5K and now it's not even worth 5K.

Jonathan Taisia Mar 30, 2009

I wish to place my complaint over the same model. I totally agree with Harish and James that philips really sucks. I bought one about the same period last year and it worked for a few months only. The problem is the same. One morning I turned on the power and all the functions just stuck. All the lights came on and just froze there. I enquired with the shop which I bought the system from and they informed me they cannot fix the problem. I went to another guy who fixes electronic equipments (DVD decks, sound systems etc) and he said the problem relates to the system program itself and could only be fixed digitally. He advised me to bring the system to any local agents for Philips brands. We had one in the country but upon enquiry they said they could only attend their own customers. Even if I had a philips I could be attended if I had purchased from them, not other shops. Having searched on the internet to seek out possible solutions for the problem; only to find similar complaints about this same model (FW-D550 DVD MINI HIFI SYSTEM).

I can only asdvise that this is one of the worst system I came across in terms of repair and servicing because it seems to me there is none. The Philips Company should strike out this model from their list and should move a step further; compensate those who bought this product and make replacements with their other model..., Otherwise Philips is finding its way out from my recommended list of brands.., I will actually campaign against Philips in this country. While we have already struggled with everything else; names such as philips only make life even worse...because they cheat you from even the little you have left to spend on something you think will help decorate your household.

• Ab
    AbhiG Jul 11, 2009

I have the same model fwd 550 and i bought that in 2006. During the warranty period itself the tape deck stopped working, the service center person repaired it but after a week same problem came back. As of now, only audio cd works, and i had paid something like 15000 for the system. This system is totally useless, and it seems like i have wasted my money. The customer service care people are worse, they want me to bring the system along with speakers to their center which is some 25 kms away. And they are not even ready to give me an estimate. They are more concerned about the customers going for AMC.

worst service given by philips

I have a 29'' philips tv, which has some parts got some problem. I called up philips service center for a service request. After 1 day the technician came saw the tv and told me that he will take the tv for service. So he told me the philips vehicle will come and collect the tv on next day. Next day noone came to collect. So i called the center again and he told me that the vehicle has already left for delhi. So can't be happen today. So he will come and take the tv on next day. Next day when called up got the response that the driver is on leave. So they will take the tv the next day. So i don't know what's the service philips is providing to the customer. In the total ncr region they have just 1 service center and there also these service centers encourage us to give for servicing to outside. So what should we expect from. Philips. This is really ridiculous. I have never faced any problem with any other brand like sony, etc. If any philips executive are hearing just try to keep some faith of the customer.

Santosh Kumar Feb 14, 2007

This is to register a complaint about your service station Hi-Tech Services, in Noida (NCR region). This is the most embarrassing situation we have ever faced by by purchasing the philips product. I have a 29'' TV from Philips whose parts got fault. so I called upon your service station for a service. They took around 2 days for respond to the call and then 3 days to collect the TV and take that to service station. And fro9m last 2 weeks it's with them and the people there are giving commitment of returning the TV set from last 1 week. Everyday they are giving some silly reasons for not sending the TV. So I am requesting you to take action against this else I'll be forced to take some awareness among the consumer who faced the similar situation for your poor services provided to your esteemed consumer. I have never faced any problem in any other brand. If you don't take this seriously then definitely the consumers will suffer as well as the sales figure of Philips in India for it poor quality of products and worst service.

• Dp
    D.Prabhakara Sastry May 15, 2007

I was given my Philips 5 in 1 (Model AZ5150) for repair on 21.02.2007 at philips service centre "Di G Solutions Private Ltd, 10-2-2/A, Meghna East End Appt, West Maredpally- secunderabad - 500026" . Their promise date is 22.02.2007. Till now I called them several times, visited more than 10 times and called your local Branch Manager Mr. Basha for more than 5 times. All these attempta are no use. Allways they say , by this weekend. That weekend never comes. I asked them to return my article with a letter saying that it was not repaired/nor repairable. They refused to do so. What is my fate . Now i am not interested in getting it back. They even refused to give the company complaint cell contacts(e-mail/phone no/mobile no). Being a Philip brand user from last 35 years, I am very sorry to say this. Now i want to donate my article to PHILIPS INDIA. And I decided to not to go to them (even they called me to take delivery) . What i have to say more than this about philips inida service.

philips poor service and crappy made tv's!

If you do a search on 27pt6441/37 you will find complaint after complaint (100's of them) about Philips poor service and crappy made TV's.

Because I thought nothing about looking at reviews like this I was fool enough to purchase Wally Worlds cheap (Always cheaper) products. Well I soon paid for it. went to turn it on to sit back and enjoy a movie and "Snap Crackel pop" I get the old black screen trick! No power nothing! After finding the long lost receipt and paper work I call the 1-888 number only to get put on hold and the biggest run-around from the service reps and his supervisor. I was told my warranty had just run out (18 months). they gave me the closest TV repair man 52 miles. It was the old uhaul uload upay. When I read the similar complaints on Google I new I was Nafta-ed and shafted. Look I know im a cheap @@@@ard but, come on 18 months on a tv? I just gave an old Emmerson to good will that was 13 years old full of spilled dust and broken knobs but still running ...give me a break! I have written a letter to Phlips, and I don't expect much. Maybe I'll go back to the good will and see if my old tv is still there. My advice,review every thing before you buy.

• Me
    M. E. Anderson Jan 23, 2007

Thanks for your comments! Clearly this was a defect that Philips should have felt responsible to correct.

failure tv, poor customer service!

We bought philips 21"tv, model no - 2443 two months back (oct-13-2006) from unilet appliances private limited showroom - cox town, bangalore. with in few days the problem started. suddenly without warning picture/sound goes off. even the personnel who come for the service from authorized service center agrees the piece/model itself is a defective one, which got repaired and delivered to me. this he proved by showing a sticker (contained details where the repair has be done) pasted in the back cabinet of the tv.

After an initial fight with unilet and philips, unilet agreed to replace me a new piece. as I lost trust on philips and asked unilet to replace different brand tv (samsung/sony) but they refused on this and delivered me new philips 21" tv, model no - 2443. so please rethink before buying goods from unilet and philips brand. though the unilet people has replaced me a new piece on dec-15-2006 after a lot of fight, but I doubt how the replaced new piece works...

not repairing tv - worst service!

I have bought a 21 inch tv from Harshita Electronics, shalimar garden, ext.-2, ghaziabad (mr.gurcharan...

warning: do not buy a philips/magnavox product!

After numerous unproductive calls to the Magnavox Customer Support Line and as a last resort I have written a...

so dissappointing!

We purchased a Philips 27PT6441/37 27" Flat screen TV on 11/11/04. It died on 12/26/04. (Stopped turning on - started by taking longer and longer to come on) Only a month before a problem. We called Best Buy, they said they would exchange it for us, even though it was over the 30 days already. So, we brought it up and got another one. That one lasted until 02/09/05 - Almost made it to two months with that one before it died! Then we called Philips and went through the hassle with customer service that everyone else complains about (not very helpful people), and we ended up having to take it to a local repair place. We finally got the tv back on 3/17/05, after waiting for them to get the part from Philips. Well, here we are in September 2006, and the tv just died again on the 28th! So we made it past the 1 year mark probably thanks to the repair made by our local repair place, but the same thing has happened again! I have never in my life had a tv that had problems in this short a span of time! We bought Philips because they used to be very reputable. I would say after reading other complaints, along with my experience that is no longer true, and I will never ever buy another Philips product! I will be sure to spread the word as well. Of course since it is past the 1 year mark nothing is covered except the picture tube. No labor, no parts. I bought a tv brand I never heard of from Circuit City that I have had better luck with at this point. So Dissappointing!