Philips International Logo

Philips International

Having problems with Philips International?

1800 880 180 (Malaysia)
1800 599 988 (Vietnam)
1800 504 6200 (Mexico)
+31 205 977 777 (Netherlands)
+1 888 744 5477 (USA and Canada)
+61 130 036 3391 (Australia)
+64 800 658 224 (New Zealand)
+44 207 318 4010 (United Kingdom)
+353 15 245 443 (Ireland)
+32 27 007 260 (Belgium)
+45 35 444 130 (Denmark)
+351 800 780 903 (Portugal)
+41 444 882 211 (Switzerland)
+852 26 199 663 (Hong Kong)
+63 28 427 746 (Philippines)
+65 67 487 534 (Singapore)
+27 112 017 777 (South Africa)
+82 806 006 600 (South Korea)
+66 26 143 340 (Thailand)
+54 800 888 7532 (Argentina)
Royal Philips, Amstelplein 2

Nikolskaya Street 19-21 5th Floor, Moscow 109012

Switzerland
Rue de la Confédération, 7, Geneva 1204

Turkey
Meclisi Mebusan Caddesi, Deniz Apartmani β„– 79/8, Istanbul Beyoglu 34427 Turkey

Hong Kong
14/F, St. George’s Building, 2 Ice House Street, Central Hong Kong

Japan
Shin-Yurakucho Building 12-1, Yurakucho 1-chome, Chiyoda-ku Tokyo

Taiwan
12F., Unit B, β„– 89, Songren Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City 110

The Middle East and Africa (UAE)
Choueiri Group Building, Dubai Knowledge Village, Al Sufouh 2, P.O.Box: 7785, Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Brazil
Av. Marcos Penteado de Ulhoa Rodrigues, 939, Barueri – SP

Complaints & Reviews

bad service

I purchased a Philips HX6911 electric toothbrush on 5/24/08. It died on 10/5/08 and was warranty replaced 10/20/08. The second one died on 7/15/09 and was warranty replaced on 7/20/09. The third one died on 12/1/10. These toothbrushes have a two year warranty and not a single one of them has lasted more than 9 months with an average life span of 7 months. I called Philips Sonicare for another warranty replacementand they told me I had gotten my two years of service out of the three toothbrushes and there would be no warranty replacement. If any one of them had lasted two years I might have bought another but 7 months out of two years doesn't cut it. Philips should change their warranty to 6 months if they want to be honest about it.

dvd poor picture quality

The complaint was registared to you, 2 days back and there was no response from your side as on today.
Several Times I was called to Customer Care Toll Free No but there was also no response and
Chennai PHS Electronics Service Centre also not respond properly.

Once again I will registrar my complaint to you along with documentary support to you for speedy action require

My DVD was purchased on 12th Jan 2008. This DVD had some of the DVDs are not playing shows "NO DISC" and some of the DVDs are playing with poor picture quality. The same DVDs are playing good in all other Brands (SONY, ONIDA, SAMSUNG, ETC., ). But in the Chennai Service Centre guyes are says "These model (3146X/97) DVD's are not support these DVD's this was very old Model dont't come to us service but you have to pay the money for this Servicing! ! ! ! ! ! !". How it can be passible?. They want service charge also for this advice. Kindly let me know the exact reason for these fault of my DVD and how it can be rectified. Past 7 days I was vigeriously follow it up all the source of Philips cutomer care but no response from Philips Service Centre, Customer Care and Complaint Email. Kindly help me to solve these problem as earliy as passible.

Regards

karuppiah.M

• Py
    pyush kumar Sep 08, 2009

sir,
    i brought a dvd player in 19/10/08. In june a problem occer & we will fix it ur service centre after two months (today, 8/09/09 ) dvd player r not working & we will gave to service centre its name ACACIA ELECTRONIC CARE . Now warrenty period is less than 1 months. if any problem is occer december or jan what will we do.
    because it is create problem evey 2 months. so i can't tolrate it every 2 months. so please change it as soon as possible. my email id- [email protected] & my complaint no is - 53242 . so sir reply me as soon as possible.

tv wont work, no picture or sound just clicking noise

I bought my magnavox on January 30, 2008. As of this morning it is no longer working. When I turn it on there is no picture and no sound just a constant clicking sound from the back panel. I purchased an extended three year warranty from target where I purchased it and they are not able to help me, magnavox said the same thing. The reason they are not able to help me is because, even though we purchased the tv in Arizona, we nowlive in Germany for the next two years because my husband is in the army. They will not honor the warranty because we live out of the country. So much for supporting our troops.

unprofessional, takes your money and you never hear form them

In June 2010 I hired Phillips & Associates to do my bankruptcy. I have never felt more taken advantage of...

notice of ca tenant class action lawsuit

California udr (nyse:udr) tenants form class action Colorado-based landlord/reit, udr, inc., publicly-traded...

service

My 42" HD LCD TV from Phillips stopped working on August 14 2010. Since this date was a weekend I waited until Monday 8-16-10 to contact Phillips Customer Service, only to be told that there were no service shops in the Erie area and that they would need a couple of days to find a shop that would service my TV. It took Phillips a week to find a service shop that was willing to come to my house to fix my unit that was under warranty (this shop is located in Ferdonia NY). After many calls to the shop I was told that they had ordered parts from Phillips but the parts were on back order. On 9-2-2010 my file at Phillips was tranferred to the Escalation department and was told it would take them 2 business days for them to find out if parts were available. On 9-7-10 after not receiving a call from Phillips I called back only to be told that they never checked into my file. I was told that they were sending an Email to the service department (they cant use a phone and call them) and I needed to wauit 2 more days. On 9-10-10 I again called only to find out the an Email was not sent until 9-9-10. At this point I asked for a placement unit to be sent and was told that they could not do that. I was told to call back on Monday 9-13, and they would have an answer as to whether or not parts were available. On 9-13-10 when I once again called I was told the Escalation department still had not received an Email from the Service department as to whether the parts were available or not, I again asked for a replacement unit and was denied. On 9-15 I was told by the escalation department that they had gotten an Email from the Service Department that the parts were available and were being expitited to the repair shop (Bates TV). I called Bates TV on Thrusday to find out that they had not received the parts and that their service techincian was going to be out of town until Monday 9-20-10 for trainng. I called and informed Phillips of this and was told that there was nothing they could do because the parts were already shipped out. On Monday 9-20-10 I called Bates TV to find out they never received the parts from Phillips. When I called Phillips I was told by Stacey in the Escalation Department they needed to send an Email to find out what happened to the parts. At this point I requested a FULL REFUND and was denied. On Tuesday 9-21-10 I once again called Phillips and find out what happened to the parts. I talked to Matt (Escaltion Department Supervisor) and was told that no Email was ever sent the day before and he 'had no idea' what happened to the parts. I was told that he would send another Email to the Service Department to send out the parts. On Wednesday 9-22-10 Bates TV received 1 part but not the other part. I once again called Phillips and talked to Steve (Escalation Department Supervisor) that there was an oversight on their end and only 1 part was shipped, he told me that the second part as going to be shipped overnight to the shop and gave me the tracking number. I once again asked for a full refund and was denied, however I could have them mail me shipping labels to send in my broken unit for a replacement. This option would take 10-14 days after they received my unit. On Thursday 9-24-10 I checked the tracking number for the part that was shipped "overnight" to find that it isn't scheduled to be delivered to the repair shop until Monday 9/27/10. When I called Phillips yet again (Talked to Brandon) I was told that they never ship parts overnight and there was nothing they could do to get the parts to the shop quicker. I once again asked for a refund and was denied. I also have numerous times asked to speak to somebody higher than the supervisors of the Escalation Department and have been denied every time.

unsatisfactory service

PHILLIPS TV.
CUSTOMER CARE: [protected]
TV Model: 29PT8836/94 Product No.: DN1A [protected]
Date of Purchase: 24.09.2006 Amount Paid: `.24449.99
28.07.2010 TV stopped working lodged complaint with the service centre engineer. He inspected the TV and advised it to be taken to the service centre for repairing.
03.08.2010 Due to heavy rains the TV was taken on 03.08.2010 and was informed that by Saturday i.e., 07.08.2010 the TV will be ready.
09.08.2010 Inquired at the service centre and was informed that some part has to come from there Ahmedabad office as such it will take some time and by Saturday i.e., 14.08.2010 the TV will be ready.
16.08.2010 On inquiry was informed that the TV is not serviceable as company has stopped manufacturing the model and parts are not available. Company is working out some solution and I will be informed of it.
Daily I was inquiring with the service centre and was getting the same reply that we have not received email from their office.
21.08.2010 Service Centre in-charge Mr. Bala tried to contact their Ahmedabad Office but there was no response. He contacted Baroda Office and I was told by Mr. Bala to select TV and inform them on which they will offer me some discount. On inquiry of how much discount would I get I was told that it depends on the model I select. I told them to either give me in writing or send me email regarding their offer and terms & conditions. (Till Date not received any response)
24.08.2010 Contacted their Customer Care and had a talk with Mr. Dev in detail. He informed me to wait for 48 hours and the company will respond with some solution. I offered him 72 hours for the response.
27.08.2010 As my offer of 72 hours was over without any response from the company I again contacted the service centre at 9.30 am and talked to Ms. Muskan as I was told that Mr. Dev was not available. So again I had to narrate to her everything and the response was that an executive of company will call me by 12.00 noon.
Waited up to 2.00 p.m and then again contacted the Customer Care Centre and this time it was Ms. Komal on the line. So once again had to repeat so many things and was informed that within 5 minute some executive will contact me.
Waited till 5.45 p.m (almost more than 3 ½ hours) and not receiving any call again contacted Customer Care and luckily Ms. Komal was on the line so was saved from repeating everything. I was told that only after contacting the service centre at Rajkot they will contact me and that they are not able to contact the service centre at Rajkot as nobody is receiving the phone. I was surprised that I was every time getting reply from the service centre at Rajkot and the company people are not receiving response. I gave them the landline number and the mobile number to which they said they have this number.
28.08.2010 At around 9.30 a.m again called the Customer Care and this time it was Mr. Vikas. Fortunately I had not to repeat everything but the reply was they are not able to contact service centre at Rajkot and by afternoon they will call me back.
29.08.2010 At around 10.00 a.m called Customer Care and this time it was Mr. Naman. Again the reply was same they are not able to contact the service centre at Rajkot and today being Sunday it will be possible only tomorrow so I will have to wait.
Called Mr. Bala of Service Centre Rajkot at around 10.30 a.m and was informed by him the Customer Care people had contacted him day before yesterday i.e. on 27.08.2010 and he has given all the details to them.
30.08.2010 At around 9.40 a.m called Customer Care and this time it was Mr. Saumil. Again the reply was same will respond after contacting the service centre at Rajkot and I told that Service Centre person has confirmed that he has given all the details but still Mr. Saumil said that they will talk to the service centre people after it opens at 10.00 a.m and will revert back at 11.00 a.m to which I told him that I will call back at 12.00 noon.
Shri Bala of the service centre called in the afternoon and said that if I confirm company will give me another TV which may not be in Box but electronically the piece will be fresh. I demanded for Slim Model but he said that since company has stopped manufacturing the slim model may not be available. Not having any option I said OK for the offer.
07.09.2010 Due to the Janmastami festival I did not think it right to remind and hence today when I contacted Mr. Bala of the local service centre he asked me to talk to Shri Saini on Mobile No.[protected] as he is the head and he will be taking the decision. Tried to contact number of times but either the number was busy, or network busy and once the phone rang and was disconnected.
Contacted Customer Care at 11.30 a.m. and this time it was Ms. Anchal. Again all the confirmations and then she transferred the call to Shri Asif, Floor Supervisor which got disconnected. Again I contacted Customer Care and this time it was Ms. Anju again all confirmation and the call was transferred to Mr. Asif. I explained to him everything the service centre people told me today. The call was disconnected in between. He again called me back and asked me to wait till 2.00 p.m. by which time he will enquire with Mr. Saini and inform me.
I waited up to 3.20 p.m and on not receiving any call I again contacted the Customer Care and this time it was Ms. Anju and on confirming name and phone number she asked me to hold the line as she will connect me to Mr. Asif. I was on hold for 15 minutes and was asked to wait as Mr. Asif is busy on another line. I told them to contact me when he is free. After 5 minutes I received a call from Mr. Asif and the reply was to wait for 2 days by which they will be giving an offer on various models regarding the discount they will be offering me.
On 30.08.2010 Mr. Bala of service centre had offered me replacement of TV and now today they are offering me discount on TV which will be advised to me in 2 days. I asked Shri Asif to send me an email to wait for 2 days to get the offer for which he said he will have to contact his senior. I was again put on hold and later told that they will send me email.
08.09.2010 Still waiting for email from customer care which was promised by Mr. Asif. Talked to Shri Bala of local service centre and he was also surprised that nobody has called so far. He also contacted Shri Saini and requested him to talk with me but nobody has contacted today.
09.09.2010 Today at around 10.00 a.m Shri Saini had called and informed that replacement of TV has been approved but since at present they are not having 29” TV in Stock they are unable to provide me with the TV. He asked to give him a weeks time within which he will arrange for another TV or will refund me the amount of TV for purchase of new 29” CRT TV. I asked him to send me mail in this regard and has sent SMS of my mail address also.
15.09.2010 Till date not received any reply

no hole in new born teat

after buying avent bottles for my new born son on recomendation. to my disbelief one of the new born teat's didn't have a hole in it so my son was not getting any milk, with there bein no hole in the teat and my son sucking but not getting any milk and air intake can lead to colic. i am very dissapointed in your company fo this error, i would to know how you avent are going to address this situation ? i have tried attaching a photo but it is to big to upload. if u can send me ur address i can mail u the teat.

cracked feeding bottle

I see I am not the only one with this problem. My mom purchased me 2x 330ml Avent feeding botlles from Edgars about 6 months ago, and to my dissappointment after being dropped once they are both cracked at the botttom in the same place. (my son is 16 months old so he tends to walk around with his bottle) Aren't these bottles suppose to be unbreakable??

I am really disappointed as these bottles are not cheap.

it is really surprising and disappointing to find such poor customer care from a company of phillips repute

I had given my Philips music system for repairs to the Philips service centre located at main mata road, Guragaon on 17 Dec08. I was told that i will be informed of the fault and likely expenditure by 18 Dec evening. However after waiting for the same, I called up the center on 19 dec and was told that the system is being checked and I would be given a call within an hour. However no call came the whole day. I was given the same response when I called the next day, but again, no one called back. Finally, I went to the service center to find that they have not even opened my sysytem till then and were lying to me all this while about the system being checked. I was extremely disappointed by this and took my system back. I subsequently lodged a complaint with The Philips custumer care no at Delhi. I recd a call from Mr Leon subsequently, who promised to get back to me after checking the details. However since then I have not recd any communication from Philips.

It is really surprising and disappointing to find such poor customer care from a company of Phillips repute. Philips should take action against their gurgaon service center if they dont want their reputation to suffer.

I asked for a replacement or refund, but they wont do that

My TV is in the service center since December 5, 2005. My reference number in the Philips Consumer Relations is 1JWTR. They keep on telling us to wait for 20 days for back order since December. After that, we called them to follow up, but then she(Tray -Philips Consumer relations [[protected]] )became so rude at us, even told us to do what we want. Nobody in the consumer relations would tell us who in the higher level in position to solve our problem. The already told us a lot of reasons, why do we need to wait, but until now our TV is still in the service center. The service center just told us, that another part would arrive April 19, 2006. WE CANT WAIT THAT LONG. WE BEEN WAITING ALREADY, SINCE CHRISTMAS, THE SUPERBOWL, NOW MY SONS BIRTHDAY. I asked for a replacement or refund, but they wont do that. I dont know wher to go now. I FEEL SO FRUSTRATED. I EVEN BEG TO THEM . TO JUST REPLACE IT OR REFUND IT, BUT STILL WONT LISTEN.

no picture/no sound/tv will not shut off

I paid close to $1, 000.00 for my Magnavox, LCD, HDTV - Smart TV.
Model #26MF/32MF23ID. I trusted the brand name, Magnavox. It has been around for years. So when I bought their TV I thought I had the best tv money could buy. For some reason, I didn't purchase an extended warranty and I also thought my tv would be around for years with no problems, especially since I'm the only one who use it. For the past two years (I blamed it on my cable tv company) my tv screen (on certain channels) started going black and after a minute or two the picture came back and I also noticed that the tv would not turn off with the remote control nor would it shut down by manually pressing the power button. So I believed all the problems came from the cable company hardware that was connected to my tv. So I let it go. Now I'm sitting in my home listening to the radio until I can have my tv fixed or replaced. I prefer to buy a new tv. I am so hurt by this. I take really good care of anything I spend money on. I will be filing a complaint with the proper authorities.

• Mi
    miratessa Mar 23, 2009

I purchased a Magnavox 37" LCD tv from walmart in the fall of 2006. December of 2008, the tv started taking 20-30 minutes to power on. By the end of January it would not power on at all. Looking online for solutions to the problem led me to numerous complaint boards about LCD tv's of all sizes from this company. Obviously, one of their parts is to blame, and they should institute an immediate recall!

• Wa
    Warren99 Jul 31, 2009

Do you still have the TV?

[email protected]

• Ar
    Arch Aug 26, 2009

Oh this company has good advertising techniques. It sell this Philip's Magnavox 17MD255V LCD TV (17") for less expensive and attractive design. My cousin bought it for cheap price from what I got another LCD TV which is more expensive; but thank god it is really good what I paid for worthy item. It is still in good working condition plus never had to call anyone for repair of stuff like that so far. Well, the LCD she got was not expensive plus had more feature. I thought of been fooled by my LCD company. But no longer then a month it stopped working suddenly don't know how and why. She tried to hold of dealer even company but they both are irresponsible parties. They are not bothered once the product is sold. So better stay away!

mark123456 Jul 14, 2010

i have the same problem with magnavox and they dont care as long as they got our money there happy and were left holding the bag.

bottles

i am a mother for the second time of my daughter who is 11weeks old now and with my first child i used every thing avent and was good but after i stoped breast feeding my daughter i bought every thing again avent and first pack of bottles i opened one of the three bottles had a dint in it which wouldnt allow the lid to stay on and the other two bottle would leak milk every where even tho the milk wasnt hot to cause this.
since then ive had to go out and buy a new make of every thing to feed my daughter, i feel like avent is rubbish now and would from now on tell my friends and family never to buy any of their produce again!
if avent wants to explain why there bottles come already damaged and useless to use they can contact me on
[protected] or mc.[protected]@hotmail.com

all of their products

I purchased a Phillips MP3 player a few years ago and after a month it stopped working for no apparent reason. Fine, I accepted that. I decided to purchase a DVD player last month and saw a Phillips DVD player with a few extras. ( plays mp3, music, movies, etc.) Alas, after 2 weeks, I see that it too breaks down. This product is useless. It's just one big paperweight. The remote doesn't always turn the DVD player on and when I turn the player on manually, it still doesn't work. After 15 minutes I tried again and this time it worked. Turns out I had to unplug it and then plug it back in for it to work. I have learned tht you can't trust this company because all of their products are garbage. I HATE PHILLIPS PRODUCTS. ALL OF THEIR PRODUCTS ARE GARBAGE!!! AND I HAVE NOW MADE IT MY MISSION TO WARN EVERYONE ABOUT THIS COMPANY. I WORK IN ELECTRONICS SO I AM FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO PASS THIS MESSAGE TO ALL OF MY CUSTOMERS!!! FYI, even if you speak to someone who you think may be able to help you, they can't or won't. Either way, STAY AWAY FROM THEIR PRODUCTS... IT'S GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE!!!

service not available at authorized service center

I had approached Philips Authorized Service Center for the first time with a problem i.e. CD/DVD was getting stuck in the tray. They returned the system with nominal charges saying the same is rectified.
However, with in very short time from the date of receipt from the Philips Authorized Service Center, we faced the same problem. This time, the problem was on & off i.e. some time it was getting stuck and some time working ok. We observed the DVD system for quite some time and on confirming the problem, we handed over the system for the SECOND TIME to same Philips Authorized Center. This time, they advised us to change some component and charged us for the same.
This time as well, with is very short period from the date of receipt for the second time from the Philips Authorized Service Center, we not only faced the same problem but also few additional problems i.e. CD/DVD getting stuck, Tray Eject problem and Source not functioning. This is the THIRD TIME we handed over the system to same Philips Authorized Service Center i.e. on 28/01/2010. Today is 06/03/2010, we neither have the information on what is the problem nor do we have a resolution for the same. During this period, we have called them many times to know the status (my cell phone bill is the proof to say how many times I have called this Philips Authorized Service Center) and the response that I get from a lady who answers the phone is "we will get back to you in couple of days time &/or our service engineer shall call you" However, no call to let us know what the issue is.
Today i.e. 06/03/2010 I called the Philips Authorized Service Center to find out the status. They informed me that they are waiting for Philips India's response, as they have escalated the topic to them for resolution. And also, they informed me that I might have to shell down Rs.3000/- to Rs.4000/- in case if the resolution has to be reached. This is simply disgusting!

WHO IN PHILIPS INDIA IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CUSTOMERS AGONY, DISGUST AND HARASSMENT
HOW COME Philips Authorized Service Center ARE NOT ABLE TO RESOLVE PROBLEM EVEN AFTER 30 TO 40 DAYS
HOW COME IT HAS TAKEN 30 TO 40 DAYS TO EVEN INFORM US OF THE SITUATION
HOW TO ASCERTAIN THAT Philips Authorized Service Center HAS NOT MEDDLED WITH THE SYSTEM WHICH HAS LEAD TO REPAIR COST OF Rs.3000/- to Rs.4000/-

IS THERE SOME ONE IN PHILIPS INDIA WHO IS RESPONSIBLE AND ACCOUNTABLE FOR THESE KIND OF CUSTOM ER HARASSMENT?

• Sr
    srinath40 Apr 30, 2013

yes, i fully agree. 4750 has problems. My 4750 is stuck. it does not work beyond main power button. Remote does not work. i have lodged a complaint with philips call centre and they have assured me that a servie technician will pay a vist to my home within 8 hrs. God help ! that has been changed to 48 hrs. The female answering call - um. speak like Robot, giving standard answers.
    Service is a big issue in our country and will continue to remain for many many years to come. Big companies or small companies, they have the least priority to service( take automotive, consumer goods etc..) our slogan" goods once sold cannot be exchanged" will remain in active duty. That is why we pray and worship equipments when we buy, so that god would ensure trouble free performance. .

• Sr
    srikanth konam Jul 15, 2015

I too gave PHILPS HTS 4750 at Secunderabad service.center.After 40 days I got a call that spare is not available.And the system is dead.I hardly played 6 DVDs since its purchase.Such a waste of money on PHILIPS

defective philips iron from croma

Hello,

We had purchased Philips Iron worth Rs. 850 on 25th May'09 from Croma Shop,

Lower Parel Phoenix Mall, Mumbai.

When we started to use the iron it was not getting heated properly. Inspite of

this we kept on using and atlast it stopped working completely. We went to the

Croma shop, customer care
assured us that it would be repaired. After repairing and using it for few

days it stopped working completely again.

We again went to the Croma shop and now we asked for replacement, but they

told us they can only
repair it again and it cannot be replaced. Now its been more than 1 month and

we have not got our
iron yet. When we try to get in touch with the Croma shop there is no proper

response.

Hence we feel that the product is defective and we demand a complete

replacement.

unwilling to honor warranty

Warning, DO NOT BUY THIS TV!
I purchased a 42’ Phillips TV in May of last year. On December 21st, the power supply went out, a $280 repair and that’s when the nightmare began, I had to call the Phillips Customer Service Department. Although the TV was clearly under warranty, the very rude, condescending and unhelpful staff did everything they could to make the return process as difficult as possible. After first being assured that my replacement TV was on the way, with detailed instructions for returning the old unit in the box, I anxiously awaited the arrival of the delivery truck. All through the holiday bowl season, I patiently waited while watching the games on the 19’ we had in the closet. Finally, I called. What I was told next defies all logic. They aren’t sending a new 42” TV but they are shipping me a 32” and a 19” instead.
What? A 32” as a replacement for a 42”? After being assured that I am the most unreasonable man in the world for not accepting such a gracious offer, by everyone through the chain of minions with a script in hand, I finally was transferred to the “highest Level of Escalation” I was transferred to a very Rude woman in a foreign Country who assured me she had no Supervisor, at least one that would call me and that that’s the offer take it or leave it.
Well, let’s just say I left it for now but I hope this message gets out worldwide not to buy a Phillips TV if warranty is important to you. I had to save a long time to finally purchase a big screen TV and was counting on these people to stand behind their product. Magnavox, Emerson, and Sylvania are brands sold through Phillips with the same customer No- Service Department handling the returns and beating as many people a day out of their warranties as they can.
If you buy one of these TV’s and it breaks, you will get the shaft. You have been warned!

poor quality

DO NOT BUY THIS MP3 PLAYER! I have had constant problems since I purchased it! It will only accept for data for a short length of time and then you have to reboot the mp3 player and hope you and start transferring data again.

awful customer service

I purchased this TV in October of 2006. Shortly after, on January 15, 2007, the TV quit working. The authorized repairman said it was a “Y” board and “Y” buffer failure and these components were replaced under warranty.

This past July, I turned on the TV and there was only audio and no picture. I returned it to the authorized dealer and it took several weeks to diagnosis the problem as a failed Logic board and small signal board. Below, I have provided a breakdown of the estimated costs:

Logic Board $ 150.00
Main Board $ 430.00
Labor $ 175.00
Tax $ 52.00
Total Amount $ 807.00

I called the Philips assistant line and was informed I need to respond in writing. I can honestly say this TV has operated less than 10 hours a week. Given the past history of this TV, why would I take the risk of spending that significant sum of money? This amount is more than half of the original purchase price.

I would think it would be in the best interest for the company to protect its reputation and image and keep its customer’s satisfied. Regardless of your one year limited warranty, a seldom used TV should not have three major component failures within a 1 ½ year period. Despite the warranty period, many good manufacturers will stand behind their product to build customer loyalty.

Despite my numerous correspondences with Philips, they will not offer any type of assistance. My objective is to make my experience known to as many people as possible and hopefully they will avoid future disappointment with their poor quality product and substandard customer service.

scam

Contact with "Danny Phillips", set up work. Called him back to let him know we needed "glue on drain cover", informed him of need, during conversation call failed. Called back his cell 5 times, didn't answer, no voicemail. Called office and left message. He never called back. Employee arrived to do job, was shown tub, asked if he had the glue on drain cover. Didn't even know what they were. In a hurry to leave, said he'd call "Danny Phillips" on his cell.

Ten minutes later, I had to call Phillips. Knew exactly what I was referring to in regard to drain cover. Said couldn't do job till next week.

Do not use these people.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices