Petcono customer service

On 4/28/11 @ 11:55 am, i went into the petco store @ the mall of georgia. i was their to purchase a battery for my dog's petsafe collar. i had called the previous day and confirmed that they had the item in stock. i asked the employee, raynisha, for the item of which was locked in a display case. i was told they a night manager took the keys home with him and that was the only key they had and that the manager would not be in until 4 pm and i would have to come back. raynisha and a unidentified male employee stated that the night manager often takes the keys home with him. i was amazed at how unconcerned these employees acted. i was furious that i made a 25 mile trip to this store for a item that the store had and that i could not buy. the employees offered no apology or nothing. petco lost a sale for the battery, and for a 50 pound bag of dog food and a box of k-9 advantage 2. they lost $70.00 in sales due to their incompetence. i called petco customer service, a jerry in the philippines, answered my call. i gave him all the details and asked that a manger for petco call me. jerry took all details and said that he would escalate this complaint to a general manager. 24 hours later, i have not received any response. i also sent a email to their customer service link on the petco website on 4/28/11. i did receive a confirmation that they received my email. no other response received

• Oh
    OhWowReally Apr 30, 2011

You haven't received a call back because your complaint is not worthy of escalation. As someone who worked as an escalation manager for a retail company, I can tell you that we will respond to cases in the order of actual, highest importance on down. Your complaint is based on someone made a mistake and took home the key, which happens. Off the top of my head, I can think over about 20 day-to-day issues that can occur at any retailer that I would put ahead of your case. The phone agent that escalated your case did that just to get you off the phone.

Let me save you some time. I'll pretend to be the manager. "I do apologize Mr. Lawson for your trouble. I will speak to the night manager and the employees of that location about the poor service you received. I can offer you a coupon for some amount (probably less than 20% off) off your next purchase."

Here's my advice:
    1. Stop going off the deep end over little things like this that happen every day. Life is way more enjoyable when you stop letting every little thing bug you.
    2. Take your business elsewhere, but do so realizing that this kind of thing happens everywhere.
    3. Just chill.