Menu
PeoplePerHour
reviews & complaints

PeoplePerHour
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

22 complaints
0 resolved 22 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of PeoplePerHour. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Y
7:57 am EST

PeoplePerHour - Issue about account creating

I would like to say, I want to work as a data entry operator but I try to create an account but many times when I complete my profile then error show that warning your profile updates have been saved and will be public once approved by the moderation team.

Please help me out for this. It's necessary for me

Regard; Yasir Shabbir

WhatsApp: +92 3125678322

Desired outcome: Make and account

View 0 more photos
T
7:11 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi Team, I have tried many times in PPH for creating my profile in PPH. My Profile is created but when i try to bid it shows error that your profile is not complete. When i update it, i get message that "your profile is under review". After some time i get a mail from PPH which says that "Please provide your real Name and location to proceed". Due to...

J
3:48 pm EST

PeoplePerHour - freelancers going directly to my clients to solicit my business. this is a deal breaker.

I am sorry but I cannot use this service because some of your freelancers decided not to bid directly to me but went over my head to contact my client directly to solicit the job. I cannot trust this service not undermine my business although most freelancers are respectful. I will not be pursuing bids through this service if it IS NOT ABSOLUTELY CLEAR this is very uncool and disruptive of my business and my client's time - who in fact reported the issue to me. PPH needs to let freelancers know they will be cut off from using this service if this kind of underhanded grab for clients occurs. They should go through the bidding process and do it properly. Not acceptable and this has soured my view of this entire service.

See: https://www.peopleperhour.com/job/proposals/2273061?status=0&ref=streaminbox#page%5Baction%5D=country&page%5BProposal_page%5D=1&page%5Bcountry%5D=IN

11:17 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi Suddenly my account has been deactivated by people per hour and they don't inform me as well. There are some funds in my account as well as project running in that account. I have email my complaint to PPH, but they are sending link to confirm complaint & to confirm link we need to login. PPH deactivated my account I am unable to login. I am not getting any responce from them. Please help me in this matter. Thank you.

9:53 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

my account was restricted i used a payment method before but now i want to use my card for payment method please have look on my account i have my active clients and have a discussion on projects with them please check again y account i also have a good satisfaction rate my clients are so happy with me i want to continue my self in people per hour so please activate my account thankks

A
3:20 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have made an offer on peopleperhour pafe for an app for a charity organizations. I gave as much details of what I needed as possible. I received few offers fro developers, with one in particular who was insisting that he knows exactly what I need and how to do it. His profile name is Ajay but he gave me the name Pitu when he contacted me. He started by...

T
11:11 am EDT

PeoplePerHour - cannot stop emails from them

I cannot login to actually change the settings. When I try to login it does not accept the password. When I try to change the password it does not allow me informing me that "Error Your IP address or email is Banned. Please contact for support". When I try to access helpdesk it asks me to login first...

I receive like 2 emails a day from these bastards. It mounts up to enormous ammount after a month or two.

How can I stop this crap?!

M
8:42 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This complaint is regarding Umer A. (advertised as a Photoshop artist). Please read through my workstream conversation. I am not happy with the quality of work - 2 requests have been made - on both occasions the quality of work is very poor despite the fact that I have been very clear on what I would like. If it was something Umer could not deliver she...

U
7:52 pm EST

PeoplePerHour - complaint against ammad z - resume writing - refund my money!

Hi there,

I have submitted countless request for refund. This business is unprofessional unethical and really really below standard for a customer service based business model.

How dare you paid the seller without my job being completed, or upto the mark its still under review and without my knowledge when i already have two dispute pending. What kind of ethical and moral grounds or values do you guys hold. Disguised under your T&C of third review, you guys cannot count it is the third review. Apart from extremely unprofessional manners of your seller that that I have to put up with I lose money too.
I am requesting my entire money back on this job. And I wont rest until i get it. I have just written to your CEO and I have contacted everyone on google who has placed a bad review for PPH .. I am film maker here I am very soon going to make a clip/ video of all the unhappy customers and upload in every social media i can. I am over business who think they are bigger than their customers . especially if they are unethical.

U
5:24 am EST
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

PeoplePerHour - product & service both!

I hired this person called Ammad Z. calls herself o be professional resume write. Extremely unprofessional, very very hard to communicate with, is so defensive will almost swear and attack you. Zero sense of courtesy or professionalism. My resume was someones else's COPY PASTED ! When i complaint PPH advised the refuse is done so refused to refund my money.

D
5:32 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have used pph for years but have always had issues with payments there payment gateway is terrible I have recently had money taken but not added to account and no way to get them to sort or they don't reply. Also a few freelancers have had to refund me as they couldn't do o job but I then get a currency conversion fee taken off so I loose money each time...

6:06 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

If you use this service be prepared to pay more than they ask in their ads. For what? For absolutely everything you do using their website. Literally for every single move you make. I know, it's terrible, but they don't really care. Moreover, like other people said, don't give them your personal information. They will sell it to rubbish services and soon you will get bombarded with different emails and call. You're warned.

O
3:17 am EDT

PeoplePerHour - buyer beware. it's a total scam!

They look very suspicious to me because they want too much. They requested my personal information. I am not going to provide it.
All they have is my number and I started to get calls from unknown numbers. I am sure my number was sold to different agencies. They call me and offer their service. Ya know, that's very irritating and brings me nothing but anger.

M
11:39 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This individual was supposed to create a new theme for our shopify site, not only has he not done that but he has gone awol and will not respond to any messages. He has deleted all of our products and we find ourselves at a loss as to what to do next. Our site is completely ruined. What can you do to make this person rectify his mistakes or revert the shopify site back to its original form. Thank you

B
11:04 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Hi Suddenly my account has been deactivated by people per hour and they don't inform me as well. There are some funds in my account as well as project running in that account and they said that because there is some with my name is already exist so that i can not access my account. I dont know about other account. If so then why they approve my account...

H
9:15 am EDT

PeoplePerHour - business practices

the talent here for me is tremendous though the companies business practice and customer service is not the best.

Fees and billing problems are a current problem and we've spent thousands.

If you can write a scope document and manage work expectations my experience is that the workers are good.

The company is now making me question how we continue to support.

H
4:56 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had nothing but trouble with this Peopleperhour!! And the worst part was that Peopleperhour actually didn't care about anything, and when I was in a difficult situation and asked them for help they did absolutely nothing. They said if I wasn't satisfied with freelancer's work I had to discuss that with him. They literally said that helping me wasn't their...

C
5:56 am EDT

PeoplePerHour - payments scam!

Unfortunately, since this buyer Jessica Walsh refuses to release a deposit for an invoice that was sent on March 2nd. Even after constant reminding and verbal promises that she is "on it" the deposit has not been released, and I have not been paid. On to of that, she still asked me to do perform another task (via Skype). Jessica, I'm not sure what happened since the first few tasks but I don't work for free and PPH doesn't pay until you release the deposits. I'm pretty sure you know this, as you explained it to me in the very beginning when I asked about invoicing after the first task. I'm disappointed to say that it looks like I have been screwed over.

J
3:28 am EST

PeoplePerHour - web developer

Nimmi 9 is the seller - seriously stay away if you are seeking help with developing your Wordpress site. No idea what this seller is like at more basic jobs... PPH rate this seller a cert 2 even though I appear to be the first customer and 0 reviews. Now seller has to approve my refund even though she's done zero work on my job and the deadline is passed. I raised a refund request three days ago and PPH said if she didn't complete the job I get a refund. Now I have to waste who knows how much time trying to get a refund from PPH.

How this exchange ended probably best sums up my stressful dealing with the seller on PPH:

Hi Nimmi, sorry to say that this job is finished.

I think you are a scam. Please approve the refund of my money as you agreed to do this afternoon before changing your mind again.

I have reported you to PPH on your profile and through the customer service portal.

You have wasted a huge amount of my time. After over 65 messages with you over 7 days you have done nothing on my project. You promised the whole job would be done in 7 days but you don't even have a single sample to show me.

Please don't bother contacting me again.

UPDATE: After 2 days of emails I finally got the money put back into my PPH account, to use with another seller. But they charged me a 10% cancellation fee. Checked their policy - says they charge fee even if seller doesn't do any work or respond to your e-mails. How is this even legal that you have to pay a fee to a company who you paid upfront to not get any service at all from. So I got a total headache, wasted literally hours with scam seller/terrible customer service centre, and lost a deposit. Now I have to start all over again with another seller. Wouldn't even bother if they weren't holding my money. My advice - never get a big job done here unless the seller has a load of reviews and 100% 5-cert rating. I personally wouldn't even risk it then. I might use a high rated seller for a very small job, but that's about it. But seeing as they send constant spam I would deactivate my account and start again when I needed something done. Hopefully the next seller will give me a better experience.

D
12:03 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Message to all of the victims of PeoplePerHour SCAM! My name is Didier Dutilleux and lately I have being victim of the PeoplePerHour Professional White Collar Criminals and I was SCAMMED! All detail of mention PeoplePerHour SCAM you can read here: http://sourcing4-you.com/internet-scam-everywhere-pph-peopleperhour-too/ SCAMMERS like PeoplePerHour must be...

PeoplePerHour contacts