PassportToFunCharges that are not mine

I have been charged $14. 95 each for the months of september 2010 and for october 2010, these charges are on my bank
Statements. I called and was advised the charges were to be removed and a credit to my bank account was to follow. It has not
Been done. The statement shows the following:
Recur db crd mvq*passporttofun. With a # [protected].
Please get back to me asap. [protected]@verizon. Net
Or [protected]

• Valerie Oct 12, 2007

PassportToFun keep charging me for some program for which I did not order. Came through when I ordered with Catalog Outlets, so I'm gone from them, too. When I received the original invoice from Catalog Outlets, I immediately emailed them that the 9.95 was incorrect and to remove it. It is now constantly on my bank debit account.

• Ms
    msjay160 Dec 01, 2008

Hi, I am emailing this complaint because I received an email this morning 12/01/2008 from a company saying I have a membership at "passporttofun" and if I don't cancel my membership I will be billed $14.99 I think. I was very scared to call the number and go to the web site but if it is true I better cancel. So I called the number above and canceled. The automated system did not allow me to speak with someone.

I entered the membership number that came on the email for the canellation. I don't know if this is a scam but please look into this. I don't know where this came from and most suredly did not order this. Maybe it was something in some fine print even though I attempt to scan a document or promotion for these kind of issues.

I have kept the email so if you would like it I have it. Thanks for your time in this important matter.
    Sincerely,
    Sonja Jefferson
    [email protected]

• Ca
    Carolyn L. Stoddard Dec 07, 2008

I had had good luck with RestaurantS.com. When trying to use it again, I mistakenly left out the "S" and got into restaurant.com. Apparently that led me into Passporttofun. The initial charge on 09-22-08 was only a dollar, which I thought wasn't bad. Only when I looked at my bank statement (which shows charges to my debit card) did I realize that I was ALSO charged $19.95 later that same day. I fell prey to this about three weeks before surgery, when I wanted something PLEASANT to look forward to. After having surgery on 10-14-08, only now I am beginning to function at a level where I am discovering that big charge has been repeated. I never got ANYthing for this, not even the member ID required to get into their web site (beyond the opening blurb about what good savings they offer). The follow-up after their opening page said they would not communicate with me unless I gave them my "credit" card number. I refused.

• Rs
    R Smith Dec 21, 2008

I am getting billed 19.95 a month for this service that i never ordered and they are using my credit card number

• Tp
    tpc1938 Jan 13, 2009

While checking my bank account I noted two deductions of equal amount and called the number listed. Tonicka, the CSR indicated that she would remove the charge and immediatly refund two different charges. When I asked how this was done she indicated that I had requested a free 10 day look at one or another site and that this was sufficient to charge my acount. What I could not determine is how she got the CC number in the first place. This is an absolute fraud practice and everything posssible should be done to STOP it.

• Ni
    nina eby Mar 01, 2009

I keep getting billed on my credit card for passport tofun and I never heard of it .If I call or go on to website they won't let me through unless I use my credit card number.

• Hu
    Hubert Schwabl Mar 16, 2009

This company charges $ 14.95/month on my credit card. I never purchased their service and never authorized monthly charges to my card.

• Fr
    Fraud May 03, 2009

I was charged $16.95 on 3/5/09 and again for $16.95 on 3/17/09 for something (I donT know what) without my prior knowledge or concent.

• Da
    Dana Pearl Nov 21, 2009

I was assisting my 91 year old mother with her banking and we discovered that she was being charged $16.95 per month for what we didn't know. On her statement it indicates MVQ Passprt2fun but website is Passport to fun. This has been going on for 16 months. She has never used this service. I think it's criminal to take advantage of older folks. When someone hasn't used a service in a year they should contact them and get it straightened out. She doesn't use a computer. Charges come from Conn.

• Ah
    Ahmed Q Ali Feb 27, 2011

My bank (B of America) sent me (online) a statement that contain the info that I owe a merchant named PASSPORTTOFUN the amount of $29.95, which is also a recurrent one, though I don't know the periodicity. I did not know the name even the name of this company before the bank's statement, let alone authorizing payments, therefore I conclude that this merchan obtained fraudolently my CC info and used it. At the present I am out of the US and I am not planning to come back before the next winter, therefore communicating wether by phone orby other means is next to impossible in my situation. My bank acted beaurecratically when I complained and tried to stop the payment as if I am not master of my money or if the bank is there to cooperate rather with the unethical merchants. In a nutshell the bank would not help me as I expected. Ironically I don't know the address of this merchant despite I am charged by it.
    Plese advise.
    Ali

• Na
    Natascha May 10, 2011

You can contact Vertrue, inc the parent company of Passport to fun and call MEGGAN in consumer affairs [protected]. Tell them you are in contact with Nebraska's attorney generals office about this issue of unauthorized charges to your credit card. Just ask for the whole amount to be refunded.
    Meggan returned 11 month of fraudlent charges within two business days. Initially when we contacted Passport to fun they did only want to refund us 1 months membership of 19.95.
    Good luck.
    I bet it will work for you too. Just make sure you mention Nebraska's attorney genersl office.
    VERTRUE INC. (parent company of Passport to fun)
    9500 West Dodge Road
    Omaha, NE 68114

• Gl
    Glesson Jul 04, 2011

They Charged my credit card was charged without my permission. do not know this company.

• Ro
    Ronda Link Aug 02, 2011

I was charged 19.95 on my credit card that I never authorized.