Palliser Furniturepoor quality

M

We have had 2 leather sofa/loveseat/recliner groups from Palliser in the last 10 years and were extremely pleased with the products. They were very well built, the leather was excellent and durable, never chafed or peeled or discoloured. This prompted us to purchase for the 3rd time a new leather sofa-recliner and recliner chair for our new house. The dealer (whom we had bought the previous 2 from) advised us that Palliser had moved their operations to Mexico, that they had not seen any of the latest products, but were confident that they would be of the same quality. Well, I'm here to tell you that the workmanship is substandard at best! The seams are crooked and uneven, the leather is stretched differently, and the cushions are of different heights. We are extremely disappointed in this furniture (paid $5200 for it) and no longer recommend this furniture to anyone. Palliser has lost a loyal repeat customer.

Mark2013 Apr 10, 2013

I need help...

I searched several sites but can't find Canadian prices. All USA prices are showing to be cheaper. I am looking to purchase Palliser # 41451 HTS, so I went to Coulters Furniture in Windsor. I bought them and was charged for # 41451 but the info on the chairs is showing #41934 Axis
    2 powered seats curved with LED lights, one acrylic table, silver/stainless cup holders and stainless feet. I was told it was all leather but it's actually Leather w/ vinyl match. Leather colour is (Mondo). I paid $2999.00 for them. I would like to know if I am being overcharged? Am I getting what I paid for?

I contacted Palliser and got this response...As for the label of product attached - This tells me that the Home Theater seat was made with Roma Grade 1000 leather with a PVC match. If the store told you it was ALL Leather, please contact the store and discuss this concern with them.

As for your pricing email, we do not have MSRP or Manufacture Suggested Retail Pricing. We only sell our product wholesale to dealers and they set their own retail prices based on the area market.

• Le
    Lesley Angelino Dec 26, 2015

I am having the same problem. I had Palliser couches for years and the quality was great. My two new couches were made in Mexico, They have a green sticker with the Palliser name, hand written! The arms on the leather couch have developed bumps and the other couch already has a hole in the material after 5 months. The cushions are worn down. I wrote to Palliser and was told to contact the store where we purchased the couches.