Pain Vanish Pain Relieving CreamFree sample arrived with $19.94 invoice!

L

We returned a postage paid response card for a FREE sample of "Cooling Relief Patch" late July 2007. The product claimed to have recommendations from several doctors. In August, we received a "Welcome Pack" which included the free sample along with a 2-oz tue of PainVanish pain relieving cream at the special introductory price of $14.99 + S/H $4.94 =$19.94 amount due. I took the entire package up to the post office since future deliveries were begin in approximately 4 weeks. They recommended that we contact the company for an explanation. The toll-free [protected] is simply an automated answering machine with return instructions to Pain Vanish Returns, PO Box 34369, Lancaster, SC 29722. We were never able to get a live person on the phone. On September 1, we returned the entire package through the USPS Return Receipt for Merchandise requiring a return receipt card. According to our local post office, the package was presented to the Lancaster, SC post office no later than 9/5/07. To date, we have never received our return signature card acknowledging their receipt of this package. When we called that post office at [protected], we were told Pain Vanish is part of Silkies, Division of US Textiles. All the return packages are dumped into bins for the company. The return packages requiring signature receipts are separated for a company representative. The Lancaster SC post office is supposed to call us back the first part of the week. Apparently our article number is so old that it has been archived. However, we have received past due reminder notices, collection letters and now a threat of lawsuit. This is a scam that we hope no one else has to suffer through. We have turn our plight over to the US Postal Inspection Services for investigation.

• Na
    Nancy Avery Dec 04, 2007

I received a sample of Pain Vanish which I did not order. There was an invoice enclosed stating I owed them $14.99 plus 4.95 shipping and handling. The address on the invoice is PO Box 34369, Lancaster, SC 29722. There is a phone # of 1-877-373-3467. I hesitate to call because this is obviously a scam.

• Ar
    Arlyn Lim Jan 19, 2008

I sent for free samples and I got (3) 0.21oz sachets. The next thing I know they sent a letter asking for my payment of the "Welcome Pack" kit. I never received the welcome pack kit with 2 oz tube cream. I never ordered for more products. This is a SCAM.

• Ba
    basil jarrett Jan 19, 2008

"Pain Vanish" must be a scam. The same 19.99 total was demanded of me. I plan to ignore it. I encourage everyone who reads these complaints to do the same.

I never ordered or wanted anything from them.

I'm a little worried where they got my address.

Basil

• Da
    Dave B Jan 22, 2008

It is a scam. I sent for free samples and got them. Turned out to be a ben-gay rip off and discontinued use. A month later they sent more samples and i threw them away thinking they'd get the hint. THEN the sent a small tube and i thought "you gotta be kidding!" Then a couple days ago they sent a bill. I'm calling them directly today and if need be, the better business bureau.

• Lb
    LBerbs Jan 28, 2008

Yes, this is a scam. I received the same but just got the bill requesting $19.94. When you call the number there is no option to speak with a real person. I have contacted the Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint. I will let them take care of shutting this operation down. Go to FTC.gov and find a link for Consumer Complaints.

I would dial that number and click on the link to end any future shipments you did not order! I'm not sure if that will work. I did it anyway.

I would not ignore this because someone else complaining about this scam then received a letter from some collection (scam) agency. We should not have to be so damn vigilant on this stuff if these crooks would just get a REAL JOB!

• Lb
    LBerbs Jan 28, 2008

Interesting that this operation with the same telephone number is in Pennsylvania, South Carolina and God only knows where else.

Well, tracking this sleazy scam will keep the feds busy - I hope!

Maybe if they can crack this one, unwitting consumers will have more money to put into "the economy." That should be the feds insentive to shut this company/ies down in every state where they have burrowed.

• Do
    Doris Ziegler Jan 30, 2008

I don't know what this product is nor we haven't received a starter kit. They say that our account number is 112925473-9
    and we owe $19.94 for the started kit that was shipped on 12-3-07. Their phone number is 1-877-373-3467 although we couldn't talk to anyone when we called. We are in Florida vacationing for the winter although our family are checking the house while we're gone. I have no intention of paying this bill as I believe it to be a scam.

• Ne
    Neil Simon Jan 31, 2008

YEH I GOT THE SAME THING, I DID NOT RESPOND TO THEIR BILL THEY EVEN THREATENED ME TO REPORT TO THE CREDIT BUREAU IF I DID NOT PAY THE BILL

• Ca
    Carole Obert Feb 11, 2008

We never ordered this product, and they send us a bill and there is no way to talk to them over the phone, because it is all automated. What a rip off!!!

Lyn Coody Mar 05, 2008

The active ingredients on this are similar to Ben Gay and other such pain relievers, they have just "gussied" up the vanish pain with a few extra extracts. What a rip off.

• Ed
    Edna Helland Mar 30, 2008

I have tried to contact the company by phone and am
    constantly told due to the many call volume I need to wait.
    I have waited three different times and cannot get through.

I used the email address and receive a blank page when
    I try to click on to email their customer service.

I appreciate the free sample. If it had worked, I would have considered further purchases.

I am upset about reading their letter with the free samples.
    I am to expect a 2 oz tube of painvanish with a relief patch in what is called the Welcome Pack in 4 weeks (3 now) and
    a billing of $14.95 plus . I do not want this product.
    I do not want to have to return it.

I am sorry I sent this twice because I forgot to type in
    their website.

I understand your service is free. Please reply
    [email protected]

• Bi
    bill bewley Mar 31, 2008

I receeived 3 little packs of pain vanish products I do
    not want! I do not want any other mailings or advertisemants sent to me!! I am sending back the samples that was sent me! I don't remember requesting any samples!!

• Na
    Nancy Johnson Apr 13, 2008

I am being billed $19.94 for some kind of pain vanish cream. I did not order it... I did not receive it. Cannot talk to a person at customer service number. Invoices are getting more intense... stating "Is There a Problem?"

• Do
    Donald Lombard Apr 17, 2008

Wanted to try a free sample, received it, did not get any relief at all. Few days later I receive a shipment of the so called relieving cream, along w/invoice for $19.94 . I did not request any future shipments at the time I ask for the sample . I tried to contact them at their toll free number, but could not get through. I do not intend to pay them or ship it back.

• Sc
    Scam Apr 21, 2008

We also received a "sample" and an invoice for $19.95. We did not order or request this product and I'm wondering who provided them with our name/address. I will not be paying or spending the money to return it.

• Lr
    L. Rice Apr 22, 2008

I ordered a "free sample" of this product. I received it, but did not open it, because I was not having any pain at the time. Two weeks later, I get a package with more of the product in it and a bill for $19.94. I tried to contact the company by phone and could not get a human. I complained to BBB about it. I also noticed on the company's literature that they advertise themselves as being a member of the Direct Marketing Association, so I complained to DMA. I got an e-mail this morning from DMA saying that HCI Direct is not a member of their organization and suggesting that I contact the BBB. These people are total scammers!!!

• He
    Helga von Dohlen Apr 27, 2008

I was to receive a free 2 oz sample of PainVanish (free return offered) for which I am now being billed $19.95.
    I contacted the company on the website for free return information and have not heard anything from them.

I do not intend to pay for these charges nor will I return the sample unless they contact me.

Chita Stagnaro Apr 30, 2008

I did not order the product since the 2 oz. sample they sent did not work as they claim anyway.

Now they sent me a product that I did not order and they have the audacity to bill me for $19.95.

I tried to look for a number that I can contact - nowhere to be found. I will be more than happy to return the product but the address they gave was a PO Box Number and not a physical address. I certainly will not take the time to mail it at my own expense. I will wait for them to send me a call tag.

• Ge
    German Alvarez May 02, 2008

Received a $19.94 bill for something I did not order.
    I need Autorization Number to return something I did not order.

• Ro
    Rosalie Pollock May 05, 2008

Sirs,
    In jan i had sent in for a free sample. Only to find i was billed for 19. 94. I do not want anymore samples sent to me as i did not order any more, i paid the 19. 94 on jan26, today i got another one this i am not paying for as i don't want anything sent to me again. Please snd me a mailing label to send back to u. I am on ss and thought free was free but see u people scam us seniors with false advertisements. If my name is on your mailing list please take it off rosalie pollock
    25 higgins road granville ny 12832

• El
    Elaine Jensen May 10, 2008

I did not order this product and will not pay $19.94 nor will I bother to wrap it and ship it back. It will be disposed of instead.

Lynn Hosman May 10, 2008

Didn't order and do not want.

• Ju
    judy mitchell May 10, 2008

I ordered a free sample and a few weeks later I got a tube of the cream with a bill for 19.95 and the card said if you wanted or order you could just when you needed it, I tryed the free sample and it does not work so I was not going to order anymore. judy

Lynn Hosman May 12, 2008

Recieved bill From Pain Vanish, And didn't even order. Remove me from mailing list or any other further shipments. I will return if you send me a return address and free shipping.

Thank you, recieved reply from someone in your company stating they needed my address. Well here it is.. 12502 Andes Ave Bak, Ca. 93312.

• Lo
    loretta pazdernik May 16, 2008

Never ordered painvanish, but recieved a 2 oz. tube with an invoice for $19.94. I have never even heard of this product. I will not pay for something I did not order nor will I go to the expense of mailing the item back. This seems to be a common practice of this company.

Frank Paul May 23, 2008

I did not recieve your product. I don't want it. I received a bill for the item for $19.94 I am not interested in something I did not order. Thank You

Frank Paul May 23, 2008

I did not receive the product you indicated I had. I did not order this item. Please don't send me anymore bills for items I haven't received. Thank you

• Ka
    kaminski May 31, 2008

Received a small free sample, did not like it, never ordered anything else.
    Received an invoice for $19.94 and account #113671691-2.
    This is a real scam, called them to talk and complain - only automated options available.
    Submitted complaint on their web site - no answer.
    They should be prosecuted and punished for their annoying and sneaky practices!
    No way I am going to pay for nothing!
    Very angry!

• Je
    jerry May 31, 2008

I ORDERED A FREE SAMPLE OF PAIN VANISH CREAM...9.95 POSTAGE...AFTER I REC THE FREE SAMPLE, I REC ANOTHER 4 0Z. TUBE FOR $29.95 WHICH I DID NOT ORDER. MY CREDIT CARD WAS CHARGED...I IMMEDIATELY CALLED THEM & CANCELLED...MY WIFE REC. A CALL TODAY THAT THEY WERE SENDING ANOTHER TUBE IN JULY. I WILL RETURN IT...I WANT THIS CANCELLED...MY ACCT.# IS 1143282965
    DISTRIBUTED BY HCI DIRECT, INC BENSALEM PA 19020
    JERRY

• Lg
    L. Galok Jun 01, 2008

My 89 year old father in law received a Pain Vanish "welcome pack" sample and a bill for $19.94. I will be reporting this company to the BBB and the state attorney general's office as it appears he is not alone. I would suggest everyone do the same to help put this company out of business. You can't get much lower than trying to steal money from the elderly.

• Vd
    vdesai Jun 02, 2008

I ordered a free 20z. sample of pain cream, I got something i did not order and a bill for 19.94

• Ge
    Geoffrey Bright Jun 02, 2008

I ordered a FREE back patch pain reliever from this company and now I have received a bill for $19.94. This was to be a free sample not a method for them to scam the consumer and bill erroneously.

• Be
    Betty Jun 02, 2008

I thought it was a sample that I never ordered. I sure didn't want it. Calling on the phone number 1-877-373-3467, will only let you cancel if you give them a credit card number first. What a scam!!!

• Li
    Linda Tower Jun 03, 2008

I did not receive this although I did send back a coupon for a free sample. Now I am being billed and told they will send further products on a regular basis. This is what I did, I sent a letter to Mary Campbell, Custoner Service PO Box 70101 Philadelpia PA. I sent the bill with this statement, "I did not order or receive this product, further deliveries of this product to me will be considered a gift" I dont know if this will take care of this bill but they arent getting any money from me. Sounds like a scam. It makes it all the worse when you are playing on people's pain and misery.

• Lo
    Lona Stevens Jun 03, 2008

I requested a free sample of Pain Vanish to try the product. I got the sample and then they sent a 2 oz. tube witch I never asked for. Now I am being billed for $19.94 for a 2 oz. tube that they sent that I never requested.

Frances smith Jun 03, 2008

I was offered a free sample, now I am receiving bill for $19.95. I did not order product from this company! They are sneaky and are a company who looks for a way to scam the public.

Janis Walters Jun 04, 2008

I received a bill for $19.94 and supposedly a free gift which there wasn' t a free gift. This pain vanish was travel size and was supposed to be a free promotion. Please respond.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Mrs. Janis Walters
    133 Sunset Court
    Cicero, IN 46034
    317-606-8057
    [email protected]

• Ca
    carolyn smith Jun 04, 2008

sent card for free sample and then got an invoice. will not pay for something i did not order. beware! beware! this is a sure scam. everybody wants our money no matter how they try to do it.
    no more free sample mail in cards for me!

• Co
    Constance Jun 05, 2008

I just received in the mail an offer of a free sample of PainVanish. I'm so glad I read all the complaints from people who have been scammed on this offer. And to think I was actually thinking of sending for it. The "free sample coupon " is now resting in Bin 13!!! Thanks to all of you for adding your complaints.

• Li
    Linda Shinabarger Jun 05, 2008

Sent in for a free sample of pain relieving cream. Then they claim they sent a "Welcome Pack", which I never saw and strictly no obligation. Now they want payment of $19.94 for nothing. Tried calling but everything is automated and keeps passing you around and you can leave no message. Also, their website doesn't give you any place to complain or get hold of customer service. Will be contacting the Better Business Bureau to stop this company from possibly ruining people's credit. What a scam!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices