Outdoor Adventuresdeceptive sales

J Review updated:

I too purchased a new trailer and received my 21 nights free stay if I agree to hear the pitch. Saw the Davidson location and it was nice. The gent who showed us around was nice. Facilities looked good and fun. Back to the office was the hand off to the high but not unbearable pressure salesman. I asked to see the terms of the contract and he said "its just normal basic common sense stuff" But I asked again and he avoided it. I told him I cant "Invest" $8000 into somthing without trying it out and he turned cold in an instant. I asked if he had any references I could call. He said "no, we dont do that" He Insisted the best package had to be signed now or never. I again asked to see the contracts terms and conditions and he stood up and gave me a flyer and I asked if the terms/conditions were in that. He said "yup, thats all you will need, goodbye"

They dont want you or anybody to see whats in the contract until after you sign it. I wonder how many bone heads sign without reading it. I'm sure alot.

P.S. I have almost 100 gig of pictures and videos of years and years of camping with my family. All done without a $8000 + $400 per year membership. Dont be fooled by some loser making comments that because of Outdoor Adventures Inc he cherished his family more than you did yours.

• Wa
    Wagner2013 Aug 23, 2019

My husband and I too purchased a membership I believe it was in February/March 2019 with real pressuring salespeople promising a great raffle that could win us a brand new truck. We were reluctant for sure but thought it sounded very promising as they told us that the key we were mailed could unlock the truck and that many do not show up so our chances were even better. They told us that someone wins a brand new truck every year.

We were told that we could purchase the membership for 3 years and thought it would be good since they promised a clean environment and camping whenever we wanted.

Well that changed when we realized how iffy it was to make a reservation on line. We were told we could rent for 14 days straight and one week off and then another 14 days so my husband and I thought we could have two great weekends in a row to camp. Not knowing we were not allowed to leave the camp for more than 24 hours which came up the first time we went camping.

We were put on the waiting list and got a call the day of May 25th that we could camp so we went ahead and found a site. Which we drove around for an hour before finding one. No direction from anyone there. There were maybe 3 campsites left. No one could tell us what campgrounds were even open.

We found one but it was a disaster. There were piles of very wet leaves all over. I am highly allergic to mold. I asked a friend of mine if she could bring over a rake so I could get these wet leaves out of our camp. After we raked the campsite (after being told that we pay a cleaning fee once a year), I found a pair of flip flops and shorts that belonged to a child that was probably under those leaves for quite a while as no maintenance was done on any of the sites we seen. We cleaned it up and stayed for the first night. At 10-10:30 a bunch of golf carts paraded by honking and playing very loud music. We have a small dog that is not used to camping so we are working on socializing her and getting her used to it, however, the campground was very loud and not relaxing at all.

The next morning there was a rain storm so the mold was making me feel quite ill so we decided to leave for a bit. Within a half an hour we were called and told that we must get back to our campsite or move our trailer? We were never told during the membership details about this rule of leaving campsite unoccupied for 24 hours would result in fees, etc. When my husband explained that I had not felt well, they commented with the only reason they would allow us to leave the campsite unoccupied for more than 24 hours would be if there was a death in the family? Really? This is a camping trip? It is supposed to be fun.

We attempted another camping trip on July 12th-14th. We arrived before 5pm to find there were very few campsites available. We finally found one that the Outdoor Adventure truck was moving a trailer from. We asked if it was available and he said yes. We talked to our neighbor campers and they said there were atleast 5 or 6 campers on prime campsites that sat empty all week. They were short staffed and Outdoor Adventure was supposed to get them moved to the storage lot for over 5 days. No wonder we can’t get a prime spot. Also, why can those campsites remain unoccupied but as paying customers we can’t? We paid just as much as the other members and I think we have a right to reserve a site for 14 days (whether we are there 24 hours a day or not) It should not matter.

My husband and I would like our money back as we do not feel that it is worth being a member. We were giving coast to coast and that doesn’t even have any discounts as we were promised either. I don’t see us nearly getting our money’s worth with all the rules that were not told when we signed up for the membership.

One more thing that I would like to mention also is we were told the indoor pool would be available by summer 2019. When we were there both on Memorial day and July – it didn’t appear to have been worked on at all.