OurTime.comattempted romantic scam

D

Met a man (?) on Ourtime and we developed a relationship. In a short period of time --- about 4 weeks--- our relationship evolved into what I thought would be a life journey for the rest of our lives. He wrote me love letters via emails every day, called me every day, and texted me often throughout the day. He sent me photos every day. I was told he was going to Austria on a business trip for two weeks. It wasn't long before he had hiccups with Chinese steel being shipped in containers followed with difficulties getting the funds transferred so he could clear the containers and come home to me. We had never met in person. Then he asked me to help his with funds in the amount of $25k. I told him I didn't have that much. I immediately began to research him on line and discovered several major discrepancies between what he told me and what I found. A couple of texts later he told me i didn't deserve him because i was questioning him and didn't trust him He operated under the name of Robert Privee but I have strong reasons to believe he was a 3rd person using Robert Privee's identity along with photos from Age Skinstad from Norway (famous Norwegian cross-country skier and coach and creating this fictitious person. He victimized Robert Privee, Age Skinstad, and me and probably many other women. I have all his emails, texts and the photos. What can be done to stop this despicable person.

no_fool Apr 14, 2018

You just have to know that if someone is asking you for money ...they ARE a scammer. Period.
    Don't be embarrassed to post about in forums like this. The more people read about scammers the less vulnerable and naive they will be.
    I was scammed, also. After 6 weeks of daily communication 2 and 3 times a day this person asked for money. In an instant I knew I was scammed.
    Keep talking about ...help others learn!

Not fooled either Jun 29, 2018

@no_fool Everything that was mentioned in the first email above was exactly what happened to me. When he told me he was going to Austria I said since I live so close to the airport I could meet him there for coffee... Excuses followed. Fortunately I figured out the scam while he was "in Austria" I noticed he was always online when it was "mid-night, 2am, 3am etc" Austria time. Also he sent picture of him in "Austria" snow. Look that up and it was beautiful weather. I thought that was weird. I confronted him by text, he called and I guess he did not like what I said so within 1 hour he blocked me so I reported him. Yeah look up Age Skinstad and see pictures of "Robert Privee"