Having problems with OptionsHouse?

OptionsHouse reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 15, 2008. The latest review provided false information to clients was posted on Aug 7, 2017. The latest complaint making money on the other side of customers trades was resolved on Dec 10, 2014. OptionsHouse has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 6 reviews. OptionsHouse has resolved 2 complaints.

OptionsHouse Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with OptionsHouse Customer Service. Initial OptionsHouse complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for OptionsHouse above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about OptionsHouse. Discuss the issues you have had with OptionsHouse and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

OptionsHouse Complaints & Reviews

OptionsHouseprovided false information to clients

Before the initial transfer to E*TRADE, the company sent out legal documents explaining what action that could be taken prior to. In one of the documents, it explained the steps to be taken in order to object the transfer to E*TRADE, not be charged a transfer or closing account fee, and how the account will be deleted.

I mailed a letter to OptionsHouse's HQ and explained that I was objecting my transfer and how that I had processed started a transfer process with a new firm. I also mentioned how I would have all assets transferred out by the given date and time that was mentioned in the legal document provided by them.

Now, the negative commentary. When the transfer of assets was initiated to the new firm, they charged me the $75.00 transfer fee that they claimed would not be charged. I tried contacting customer service through their chat interface, a phone call, and even sent an email. I waited for over an hour on the chat interface and never received a representative. As for the phone call, it just dialed. Never got an answer. After 2 weeks past, I had to reach out to the SEC and get their input on the situation. That same day, OptionsHouse emailed me back and said that they would credit the $75.00 to my account when the transfer started to E*Trade.

Leading into the E*TRADE subject, I asked the customer service representative about what would happen to my account during the transfer. According to his feedback, my account will be purged during the transfer to E*TRADE since I completed all items. As of today, August 7, 2017, I was provided false information where I now have a fully active account with E*TRADE. I have reached out to E*TRADE and addressed the issue on how to go about this. I hope that they can correct this issue quickly and not harass their clients such as that of OptionsHouse.

OptionsHouse.comoptions trading

I have a Cash Account at OptionsHouse where I trade Weekly Options. For some reason, on at least 3 occasions, they have placed automated trades on my account without my permission.

Today, Friday, July 1, 2016, I spoke with a manager named, Rick (he refused to give me his last name), who told me that if they don't place the trades, my account would be liable for $160, 000.00 if exercised. My open trade was for 20 SLB 80.00 07/01/16. Price was at or below 79.20 (and rising and falling although it has not risen above 79.37 in the last few hours). I do not have a margin account and the only gain from these automated trades is that OptionsHouse gets a commission by placing these trades on my account.

I would like to get a refund of at least, the trading costs incurred due to these automated trades, and any gains I could have received from selling the options myself.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,
    Ellaine Brennan
    Account # 5PD91863
    [protected]@gmail.com

Optionshouse / Trade Monsterrefer a friend program

These clowns are liars. I've referred a friend, who signed up and followed all the protocols, but due to the fact that they don't care about customer service, they will not review my case nor give me the referral bonus.

I'm taking my money elsewhere.

OptionsHouse.commaking money on the other side of customers trades

Recommend avoiding optionshouse.com brokerage

My friend has an options account with optionshouse.com

He purchased some out of the money long dated aapl puts yesterday.

Optionshouse manipulated the purchase price of his options so that they made approximately another 10% profit on his purchase between the bid and the spread in a relatively illiquid market for that particular strike price and date.

Secondarily, optionshouse took the other side of the trade today and started selling puts into his strike price which resulted in further depressing the value of the puts he purchased yesterday.

While these actions may not be illegal, they are unethical. Optionshouse is effectively "betting" against their own customers interests in the options markets.

The value of his options dropped roughly 15% from purchase price on two days when the combined drop in the price of apple stock was approximately 3% and when the value of 95% of all other options in the same time period increased approximately 10-12%.

If anyone has had similar experiences with optionshouse please feel free to send me an email message at [protected]@gmail.com.

OptionsHouse — misuse of funds

These people are unethical, in the least, and possibly even criminals. Please do your homework! So far I...

OptionsHouseunstable platform

Boy, I thought I'd save money using this brokerage firm. Their trading platform is unstable. Sometimes it's up, sometimes down. The trading platform will sometimes take trades which are more than your account value. The JOKE is that this options trading website does not trade quarterly options, which I found out when I wanted to roll to the June quarterly. They said they don't trade them because they would have to be called in. The Reps are also rather short and kurt in their customer service skills. I had a horrible experience trying to trade their. Good Luck.

• Al
              Ali AlDabbagh May 31, 2017

Hi,
              I bought 20000 MSTX shares on Option House on 4/27/17 for $2660.00 hopping to sell them next day.
              I opened my account Friday 4/28/17 to find my MSTX shares become a M031850 shares and the value was Zero.
              I contacted Option House to ask them what happened, they told me about the merge between MSTX and SVRA, and I will see my shares next Monday.
              I checked Monday 5/1/17 but I didn’t find SVRA shares on my account, same thing was Tuesday 5/2/17 until market close at 4:00 PM.
              On Wednesday 5/3/17 I found my 285 SVRA shares for the cost of $9.317 and Option House did the split yesterday 5/2/17 at 6:30:31 PM.
              On Wednesday 5/3/17 SVRA stock market value opened at $7.98 and closed at $6.47 and kept going down.
              NASDAQ announced that MSTX merge to SVRA market effected date is 4/28/17.
              Instead, I found some investors on twits pages got their SVRA shares on Monday 5/1/17 and they were able to sell them with gain.
              By this action Option House made me lose money, and I don’t know if this is right or wrong!
              And for you as a big company, do you accept that?
              And what is your advice to me?
              Ali Aziz
              [email protected]

• Re
              really Oct 01, 2013

Here's my situation. Hope they get my information back very soon. As of now, I have $100, 000 less in my account today than I did yesterday due to a glitch in their system. Lovely.

Please wait for a customer service representative to respond.
              All CSR agents are currently assisting other customers. Thanks for your patience. A CSR agent will be with you shortly.
              You are now chatting with Rachael H
              Welcome to OptionsHouse, how may I help you today?
              Me: The "Positions" portion of the page is blank for POAGX. Do you know why?
              Me: As in no market value or cost being shown
              Me: It was filled out yesterday
              Rachael H: What is your OptionsHouse Account Number?
              Me: #####
              Rachael H: Do you currently hold an Optionshouse account?
              Me: yes, see above
              Me: #####
              Rachael H: Sorry
              Rachael H: Can you please verify, for security purposes, your Date of Birth?
              Me: ####
              Rachael H: I do not but I can have my tech team correct this
              Me: ok
              Rachael H: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
              Rachael H: I will email you once that info is available.
              Me: I'd prefer to wait.
              Me: This problem is making it impossible to trade.
              Rachael H: Im sorry are you trying to trade this position?
              Me: No, but right now I am very nervous showing that my balance is now $100, 000 less than yesterday.
              Rachael H: you are saying this was correct yesterday
              Me: It's not just a visual issue. I can't trade it or do anything.
              Me: Yes
              Rachael H: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
              Rachael H: You may want to contact our trade desk to determine if their is an issue with this holding.
              Me: There isn't an issue with the holding. There is an issue with your system.
              Rachael H: I was under the impression that it had never been populated on our Platform not that it was and is not now.
              Me: The position is there, along with the quantity, but the market value and cost are blank.
              Rachael H: yes, but also under symbol in the quote line the platform shows symbol is not found.
              Rachael H: I opned a ticket with my tech but you expressed this is prohibiting your trading
              Me: That is a system problem. It is a good symbol.
              Rachael H: if that is the case you should contact our trade desk
              Rachael H: I do not have a time frame as to when our tech team can correct the issue if it is indeed a platform issue
              Me: I just called. They have to pull in their mutual fund information. Hope it's soon.
              Rachael H: I will be right with you.
              Rachael H: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
              Rachael H: Ok I can email you once complete
              Me: ok
              Rachael H: Thank you for visiting. Please contact us at anytime.
              Thank you for chatting!
              Chat session has been ended by the customer service representative.

• Di
              disbsam333 Sep 19, 2009

OK, well. It is really freaking cheap, and yes, its give and take but if you are buying a bunch of contracts, when its flat rate 10 bucks its like the USPS of options brokers. It is usually reliable, and sometimes a bit slower than you'd like but its cost effective and great for bulk orders. Also, the screeners are absolutely great. Call and put spread investigators are great, and the live chat is a plus too if you dont wanna get the phone out and wait to get someone on the line (which I rarely do when I do call). I am up 60% in 3 months thanks to their cost savings and great tools. Tech analysis could be better though. So I use my scottrade account for that. Note: Always stick with two brokers to utilize the tools they have. It is a must.

• Ba
              Barbie Jun 09, 2008

I just started with two trading accounts. I opened a Think or Swim Account first. Optionshouse I opened because I would save money, but I won't save money if I can't do any trades.

It takes a while for an ACH transfer to get into my account and then they insisted it was their policy to hold onto it for a while. Personally I think it's just a banking game. Typically when I do an ACH transfer from a savings account to a checking it takes about three days.

When my money is finally free to trade with I was unable to do the spread trade I wanted to. I have to change my suitability rating.

My point is you don't save money on commission fees if you lose money you would've made, trading options.

I think I'm better off closing my account and using only my Think or Swim acccount. Think or Swim has impressive software and training on how to use it.

The optionshouse software sometimes doesn't work. I have problems getting money out of the account, transfers don't work. I press the submit button and never get the print screen I'm supposed to get. Before I know it I have several transfers in their queue and I have to call to cancel them.

This weekend I couldn't get into my account at all at optionshouse. It made me a little anxious, being that they have a sizable amount of my money.