Oprah Magazinedid not order

I went on line to get a free Kentucky fried chicken dinner for my 95 year old mother in law and her 85 year old sister which they told me about. We never got the dinner because they had said they ran out. I bought them another dinner and filled out a paper for a rain check for them. We only got the rain check for one person only during a time frame I was not available. I do not have the time to read the magazine and did not want it. I do not know how I got the magazine to begin with. I received one copy and would like to pay for the only one I received not for a subscription I would never havethe time to read. I am 65 and work besides taking care of the needs of 4 elderly people is why I do not have the time to read the magazine. I want this canceled.

• Re
    revsheila Dec 07, 2009

I was on the Oprah.com website in September of 2009, and entered a sweepstakes, and the next thing you know I get a confirmation of my subscription and then I get an emailed bill. A few days later another email bill arrived telling me my bill was overdue--ALL FOR A MAGAZINE I DID NOT ORDER.

After some thought, I decided to pay the bill and get the magazine since I had considered subscribing to it from time to time. I did pay the bill by check in early November. Thank God they don't have my credit card information. They cashed my check immediately and that was more than a month ago, but I have never received the magazine.

While the company doing the billing is Hearst, the initial point of initiation was the Oprah.com website. I have contacted the editors of O Magazine, but never heard back. I guess this was an important learning lesson that even Oprah's website isn't safe. My time, energy and peace of mind is worth more than $18, so I am not going to pursue this any further, but I will never subscribe to O Magazine, or knowingly deal with Hearst again.

• Ki
    kim mead Oct 25, 2010

did not order. receiving invoices. did not order.