Having problems with Offshore Alert?

+1 305 372 6296 (General Information)
+1 305 600 2878 (Press & Editorial Inquiries)
123 S.E. 3rd Avenue, № 173
Miami, Florida

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Offshore Alert.

Complaints & Reviews

Mar 05, 2020

Offshore Alert — payment for fake news

I was approached by David Marchant the owner of Offshore Alert at their last conference. He said that he wa...

Offshorealerts David Marchantnewsletters, conferences, david marchant scammer and nut

Unlike David Marchant, who is in reality a third-tier reporter apparently lacking any notable success in his career even as a journalist, I am a legitimate fraud investigator possessing both the credentials and work experience in the capital markets. But I am by no means here to promote my business. I am only here to tell my experience dealing with Mr. Marchant and his company's materials.

After looking into his website, I decided to check his newsletter out. Although I found much of the claims in his publications to be baseless rubbish, I did not want to rush to judgment. Overall, these publications were useless to me and seemed to lack any credibility. I looked past this negative early impression hoping I was missing something.

Next, I moved onto check out his annual conference. Perhaps the first thing I noted about the event was that it featured a predominance of shady participants who were there to ultimately sell you something.

The funny thing about Offshorealerts is that Marchant pretends to play "fraud police" and then divvies out paid slots for speakers at his conferences to solicit their own investments which seem to be quite shady.

I have concluded that David Marchant pretends to "expose" offshore finance scams in order to make money pushing what he claims are credible "investments" and "consultants."

The fact of the matter is that Mr. Marchant is just a low-level reporter. He never worked in the capital markets, not on Wall Street, not in private equity and not in venture capital. Thus, his understanding is deficient to say the least. This was the assumption I made prior to investigating him and his "resources."

Once I spoke with Mr. Marchant my suspicions had been confirmed. When he learned of my background he immediately became nervous and tongue-tied after I asked him some very basic and open-ended questions about his company. This gave me the impression he was trying to hide something or walk the tight rope in order to avoid "tipping me off."

And then all of the sudden for no apparent reason, he began to berate me. Although I thought it was ridiculous that such a man lacking any type of professional training or practical experience in corporate finance, much less forensic accounting would talk down to me, I soon realized I was dealing with a man who seemed to have some "loose screws." When I politely informed him that I did not appreciate his rudeness, he began yelling at me.

In closing I have no doubt that Mr. Marchant has some personality issues including his bizarre egotistical and narcissistic behavior. But his overall mental condition could be much worse. He might even have emotional issues that might stem from being 53 and still living with his mother. Nonetheless, I recommend avoiding this loose cannon charlatan at all costs.

OffshoreAlertLies & Misrepresentations

15 Jan/2015 - Hello Complaints Board. Well I accidentally found your website. I can see you have an excellent service.
    As to your "Category of Complaint" I could not find a title to fit. To clarify, I have a serious complaint against Offshore alert
    publication - owner David Marchant. I am presently working on all of the papers and evidence I need to send to you for
    publication. This is complex and this is going to take several weeks to get every thing in logical order.

Then why did I contact you now? Because I want to get registered with you in advance of my papers to be published.
    Your website said, to "register" I had to complete a two step process. I completed the two step process. And then
    I was taken (step 3) to this form which I am not presently ready to complete. I was expecting to receive from you a
    code or password after I completed the two step registration form. I have not received anything. I wanted to LOGIN
    to your website but I need the code/pass to do so. Can you please send me the code/pass so I can login into your
    website? Thank you very much. George ( [protected]@hushmail.com )

• Da
        David Marchant Jan 24, 2015

This attempt at a complaint against me and my firm is from George Dennison Sprague, who fled the United States before an arrest warrant was issued against him in 1985 at federal court in South Carolina, where he was criminally indicted on multiple counts involving the preparation of fraudulent income tax returns. He’s been a fugitive ever since.

In 2002, an unlicensed fund called Genesis Fund that he managed in Costa Rica collapsed owing an estimated $50 m to approximately 1, 100 investors.

In 2003, fraud charges were brought against him in Costa Rica regarding a scheme in which 14 foreign investors were swindled out of $1.3 million in a bogus, high-yield investment scheme.

In 2008, he was identified as a “person of interest” in a court filing in the U.S. by the United Kingdom authorities regarding an investigation into money laundering, theft, financial fraud and conspiracy.

Most fraudsters aren't very bright, in my experience, as evidenced by the fact that Sprague can't even figure out how to use your service.

OffshoreAlert — Slandering

A warning for all!! Don't sign up for OffshoreAlert site with your real name!!! I recently did a...

Offshore Alert Newsletter — Fraud, cheating, misrepresentation

The publisher of the Offshore Alert Newsletter, David Marchant, claims to be a journalist exposing...

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices