Offleaseonly West Palm Beachsold my son an unsafe vehicle

F

Let me first start off by saying this is our 3rd car purchased from this company, but the first one from this location. We purchased 2 cars from the Miami location, a BMW 535i and a VW GTI and both cars were not only in great condition when we took delivery but it appears that all safety items were taken care of, good tread on tires, good brakes, all fluids in order etc. The carfax for one car showed it had a previous accident and we were ok with that. The salesman Kenny was also wonderful and helped steer my daughter toward the safest car and we were very happy customers.

Therefore when my son wished to buy his first car naturally we went back to Offleaseonly. However, since we were in the WPB area we decided to visit the new lot and he decided on a 2014 Mercedes CLA 250. The carfax did not show an accident but there was evidence that there was an accident as pointed out by our very knowledgeable salesman Major, and we were ok with knowing that it was probably an unreported fender bender.
We bought the car as is, which is standard I believe when you purchase a car from them. We closed the deal on Jan 30th and on Feb 14th my son said he heard a loud noise when he turned into our neighborhood and stepped on the brake. A review of the brakes showed that not only were all the brake pads worn down to almost nothing, but the front rotors were already worn and damaged. Did I mention that this was TWO WEEKS after taking delivery? What about the safety inspection that is supposed to be performed on all the cars prior to being placed on the lot for sale, according to their sales people. I know this because when my daughter had her eye on a Scion in the Miami location, our sales person told us that the car was known to have issues and it was still undergoing a safety inspection prior to being available for sale. He did not recommend that car for a young driver based on what he knew of its service history. This is good responsible customer service! Not what we got at the WPB location!
I think it is unconscionable that a company would deliver a vehicle with such a safety hazard as having not only well worn brakes, but brakes that are eating into the rotors. This should have been an obvious thing to discover and disclose to us had a proper inspection been performed. If this had been disclosed to us we perhaps would have purchased the vehicle anyway and we could have we gone straight to our mechanic to get a brake job but it was not. This is not a legal matter because we do sign that we are purchasing “AS IS”, but if I wanted a crappy and dangerous second hand car I would have stopped at any of the hundreds of used car shops in town, but I came to this company because I liked their no haggle business model, and as an unsophisticated buyer with limited automotive knowledge, I had a certain level of trust that I was getting a quality product, based on my previous experience in the Miami location. I have referred several people to this company whenever I hear they're in the market for a new car, but unfortunately, now they have lumped themselves into the barrel with all of the other untrustworthy “user car dealers” in my opinion. Sorry offleaseonly, I won't be back! You've lost my trust and subsequently by business.

• Updated by ftlaudmom · Feb 16, 2017

After the car got to the mechanic for new brakes he noticed that the windshield is also cracked right down by the VIN number. Another safety hazard! Buyer beware when you go to the WPB offleaseonly!

• Th
    The truth about Offleaseonly, inc. Sep 29, 2020

Feel free to contact me with your stories of a terrible experiences with Off Lease Only (offleaseonly.com). I would love more witnesses willing to tell their terrible experiences stories about buying "STRUCTURALLY DAMAGED" cars from Offleaseonly that were not safe.

And to think they want to sue me for telling everyone about the crappy unsafe cares that they regularly sell. They are famous for "STRUCTURALLY DAMAGED" cars.

Call or text: [protected]

• Cu
    [email protected] Sep 29, 2020

Dear Ftlaudmom,

Although we responded when we first saw your review, we no longer see the response posted. Did you ever connect with our Customer Service Team, at the time, or did you speak with anyone from our Management Team? We hope that your issues were resolved, at the time.

We appreciate that you took the time to reach out and share your comments and feelings about your experience with our Palm Beach location. We rely heavily on your feedback for quality control.
    Thank you for having brought this matter to our attention. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If we’ve failed you in any way, we want the opportunity to make it right. We’ve sold over 250, 000 cars and have a 99.9 percent positive review rating. Please check out our reviews on BBB, Yelp, Dealerrater, Google, and Edmunds. Please click here offleaseonlyreviews.net to see what people are saying. We received Dealerrater’s National Dealer of the Year Award for the fifth year in a row, as well as a Premier five-star dealer award from Edmunds and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. With that said, we’re not perfect. We can and do make mistakes.

We hope you understand that we would never intentionally do anything that is detrimental to you. We are genuinely upset to hear about this unfortunate issue and would like to reach out to help you in any way we can. We do hope this issue was resolved for you. We’ve posted a similar response to the one we posted when we first found your review, but because we don’t see our response any longer, we thought we should post it again, even though a lot of time has passed.

Our Founders, Mark and Eileen Fischer, started Off Lease Only over twenty years ago with two cars, their life savings and a vision to create a different car buying experience. The growth has been phenomenal, with over 150, 000 loyal customers now. The growth has happened for two main reasons- saving their customers thousands on their dream cars and genuinely caring about each customer's happiness before, during and after the sale.

We are proud to offer the most transparent used car buying experience with no hidden fees and no stress of haggling price.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service Team, toll-free, at [protected]. You can also reach them at [email protected] We are here to help.

Respectfully,