NYCHAnoise from extremely loud stereo

The residents from next door who moved in a few months after me, are making my life miserable with this extreme loud stereo in the bedroom next door, which is basically the wall from my little studio across. This noise travels thru thew floors, walls, and the floors. I already reported them to 311, the management which did talk to them and they continue. Can someone help me please?

• Dm
    Dmarti Mz Aug 22, 2012

I've had serious noise problems too. The resident above me, ill-considerate towards others refuses to work toward doing her part in keeping the noise down. I've contacted manganement. They said they would talk to the resident. But that I should call 311 in the future. That was approximately ten to twelve months ago. Noise persists. I've contacted 311 an aboundant amount of times. The report generated to local precient, as a none emergency, take upto eight hour to get a response. In almost all cases, if precient is actually responding to call, I get emails from, statig that my complaint was unfounded. Confronting residences that are generating noise only results into arguments because the tenents are irrationale indidviduals who aren't concerned with the quality of life that other residents in my apartment building value. 311 provided a peace mediation procedure to me. I haven't heard from them in a month. My latest call to 311 resulted in them giving me a telephone number that I can use to legally remedy the chronic noise that the 778 Henderson Avenue, 5C Staten Island New york tenant persisitently generates: that number is [protected]. The peace mediatation telephone number is [protected]. Don't hold your breath though. After several years of noise nothings changed. Moving isn't an option, however, bring the noise is.

• Br
    brenda diaz Oct 27, 2012

I am having this same problem with the tenants above us, they are older people she has been living there and he just came out of prison and of course she picked up the garbage and brought it home, he drinks all day everyday playing the music extremely loud and she works. What is with these so called women these days, anyway as I type this the police just left her apt because its obvious he is not on the lease, they had a couple of people there one of who I know dislikes me because she tries to intimidate me to no avail plus she lives in another building and I heard them all talking about me because I always tell 311 and the housing police my name and number and I have no problems with them knowing its me who is calling the police and complaining, people like this are only so envious of us who are productive in this life and have so much going for us that I have no time to worry about losers like them and this is why they always have something to say about me but never to my face. I can hear them through my kitchen wall. With all that said I am in the process of making things very uncomfortable for them and maybe this will teach them or I will have to go over the housing managments heads including the bourough managments office and email Jimmy Van Bramer queens council and Mr. John Rhea chairman of the nycha.. I have done this before and the last tenant was tranferred to another building. So persistance pays of even if it takes time.. let my battle begin..

• Be
    beatstreet Nov 06, 2012

If you keep complaing about every body around you" most likely houseing migth" try to evict you ..this happend, s iknew someone who -kept complaining about other tenent, s houseing told them if they keep comeing with complaints they where takeing her out..becarefull cut this both way, s ...