Nissan Murano Transfer Caseproblems with transfer case

I have just gotten the same bad news as many of you, I started experiencing a problem with torque steer at any speed over 80km/hr. I booked my vehicle in at the Nissan stealership, sorry dealership, and a couple days before it was due in, I started experiencing a slight clicking sound, the kind of sound that is usually made by debris being in the tire treads. The next day the sound was worse, so I parked my MO and drove a work vehicle for a couple days. On the day I brought it to the dealer, it had increased in intensity and volume to the point that i wondered if I was going to make it there. Alas I made it and their diagnosis was that the transfer case was failing, badly, and that it would cost approximately $3800.00 to replace. Also the service person was insinuating that it was my fault, saying that I must have driven the vehicle with the AWD lock engaged on dry pavement far too often. However, this is not the case, I honestly can't remember ever engaging it at all, the automatic system worked to cover my needs just fine. Does anyone know if there is any recourse or action that can be taken with either Transport Canada, or Nissan (laugh), to have the problem be considered a recall, aside from a lengthy and costly court battle?

• Ga
    Gary Aug 06, 2007

I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra that I brought to ABC Nissan to check out why I was getting a service light which would not allow me to pass emissions. First they said it was a Charcoal canister $250.00 then it was a Vent valve $260.00 That wasn't it still getting a 1446 code OH this is after they replaced the computer!!! So next they said it was the gas tank $500.00 ??? Nope here we are 2 months later no Tags on the car yet back into Nissan with you guessed it a 1446 code everything has been replaced and they continue to want to play parts roulette with my car... After they put the part in your car they refuse to take it out after they figured out that wasn't the problem. I only wish I could find a way to make these rip off dealerships stop taking advantage of people who are at there mercy. Buyer beware!!!

• Ak
    aksaks Sep 23, 2007

Yep, ABC Nissan should be voted the #1 rip off place. I bought a new car, they were all nice to me (answer my calls and questions) till I made the payment, then the rip off orgy started, I took my car and ran away, now looking for a good mechanic to get my usual check ups and maintenance done.

ABC Nissan promised me so many discounts and gave me none, they are blatant lairs. Their service/sales rep never ever return my call.

• To
    Tony Bailey Oct 03, 2007

My nissan is only 11 months old. However, the service charge is £280.00. WHY? The only thing we can do to ensure that these people do not rip us off in future is to not buy from them. I will never buy another car from nissan.

• Je
    Jennifer Krieger Dec 14, 2007

We leased a car from Superior Nissa in 2000. Towards the end of the lease (3-4 years later), in an effort to induce us to purchase the car Superior Nissan sold us a 5 year extended warranty. At the time we still had a year+ on the original warranty.
    We were assured the warranty would take us through the next 6+ years.
    Last month we went in for significant service, only to be told, lo and behold, the extended warranty was from the date the car was originally placed in service. And the fine print backed them up.
    We were stupid enough to fall for this. We are NOT stupid enough to buy a $2000 5 year warranty KNOWING it would only be good for anothe year and a half, time we were already covered.
    Both Superior Nissan and Nissan America have declined to honor their obligation here.

• Ow
    Ow Boon Yonk May 28, 2008

Timing Cover cracking repeatedly

• Bl
    Blendi Jun 30, 2008

They stink. They sold me a extended warranty ro find out thatit odes not cover anything.

• Jn
    jnfien Jan 21, 2009

Dear Nissan,

Any contract terms that are seen as blatantly unfair, may be cancelable.
    Promises made orally and with the explicit intent of misrepresenting the terms of the agreement, may be seen as unlawful.
    Any significant mistake or misunderstanding may void the contract, especially when the misunderstanding is deliberately used as a predatory technique to con the buyer.

I have been lied to about the sale price. “We’ll get you it at $19, 000 at 8%.”
    I have been viciously misled. “We’ll pay off the Corvette.” With not one word about any appraisal price, or gap cost being incurred by me. This fine print information was purposefully construed and undisclosed in its full nature. In my attempt to find these statements hidden in the agreement I was thwarted by complicated sales lingo, numerous friendly but physical contacts to my body and constant misleading, to the point of flat out false remarks regarding specific interest charges, finance charges and the principle balance in the agreed upon statement .

Furthermore, when attempting to read through the contract in full I was repeatedly interrupted, physically touched and told “what it meant, ” and to focus on the coverage options.

-Justin Fien

• Ni
    nicole Apr 24, 2009

Nissan has left me with no vehicle while they wait to make a decision on to pay for the service my car needs, which is replace front calibers on an 07 altima bought new that is not covered under warranty because of 48000 miles on the car. Told me to get a rental car and when they can review my case they might pay me back depending on their decision.

• Ka
    kashndash Aug 21, 2009

I bought a Nissan Sentra w/6 miles on it in June 2008. Transmission went out on this car July 12, 2009. I had to pay for the towing of this vehicle to get it worked on.

Then it took at least 2 transmissions from the factory to get one that was not defective. Bottom line I had to even pay for the rental car for all of this time. $2488.00 out of my pocket. I might get my money back and if so it will take at least 2 weeks before that happens for the rental car only. I just got this car back 08/20/09.

Bottom line DO NOT buy a Nissan. They may help you but service is VERY slow. If you do purchase one I hope you don't have to go thru what I have had to endure. Car is black in color and I'm thinking of painting in yellow I'm a LEMON.

• Bo
    BonR55 Sep 14, 2009

I bought a brand new 2007 Nissan Sentra. It now has 44, 000 miles on it. I have just recently gotten my car back, after having it worked on almost the entire month of July and part of August. Took it to a Nissan dealership when it first started acting up and they couldn't find the problem Took it to them a total of 5 times and paid around $130.00 for nothing. No work, nothing fixed. Finally took it to another mechanic and ended up spending around $500.00 with them only to have it tear up again. Nissan finally replaced the engine after 3 weeks of going back and forth about my engine warranty. Got the car back, and now it has started acting up again. Sometimes it will crank and sometimes it won't. It's not the battery. I have to try sometimes 15 times before it will crank. You can hear it trying to start but it won't turn over. Called the dealership and they said I could bring it but I would have to pay again for them to run diagnostics on it. And they couldn't give me something to drive until they determined what was wrong. I think they should look at it for free considering they just replaced the engine less than a month ago, without me paying them again. What options do I have??? Also, what recourse do I have with this vehicle? It has been one problem after another.

• St
    STADLER ENGINEERING Jan 16, 2010

First off, i have been a certified class a mechanic since 1967, plus certified. / licensed master industrial millwright, certified / licensed master electrician. / certified unlimited welding / welder, fcc 1st class engineer, and many other certifications, i am now retired, age 73... Cars have always been my hobby, i got my first car (Model t ford) at age 10, took it all apart, re assembled it and it ran just fine, been haveing fun that way ever since... I began to notice more and more newer cars with blown head gaskets, then i looked into it, was unseemly.

These goofy automakers got together and in about 1985 began to use "stretchy" head bolts to save money, that is when this current problem began.

I get cars free, good ones that have some little problem that i repair easily and drive anoher 200 thousand or more...

Then i got a freebie 2002 focus, blown engine, i l0oked into getting an engine, forget it, all single cam focus and others blow and you cannot find one anywhere, only the dual cam ones hold up a while

Then i looked into why all these nice cars are blowing engines, horrers, horrers, the manufacturers are using head bolts that stretch and let go...

Only one way out of that one, you must get industrial allen bolts, and replace the stretchy bolts before they let go, not cheap but cheaper than an engine rebuild, allen bolts are grade 10.9 and the lousy ones in your engine are grade 5.9 or so, they cannot last... The allens never stretch

I will try to get ralph nader to look into this rip off

• Pf
    pfcoop Apr 12, 2010

Completely agree. Mine blew apart at 108, 000 km's exactly when the waranty ran out.

• Kr
    KRN Apr 20, 2010

Purchased a new Nissan Murano, before even leaving lot wanted to return it. Dealership would not help and was asked to leave their lot. The seat really hurts to drive it over a long period of time. The seats are built thicker/wider in the front and at an angle causing pain in legs and back. Many dealerships shread the paperwork and help the customer. Even contacted Police and they were shocked dealer would not void sell.

• Dn
    dnmeeks May 14, 2010

Agree. I have had TWO failures of the transfer case. One under warranty, the other not. 2005 Murano, first failed at about 40k miles, second one failed at about 80k miles.

• Bu
    Burmeppe Jun 25, 2010

I purchased a Nissian Altima 2007 from Orland Park Nissian in Orland Park Il, .I had problems with the car stallin and shutting off in the middle of the expressway and in the middle of a bust intersection. I took the car in 2 years ago for the same problem. I was told ther was nothing wrong woth the car. Two years later no warrenty and over 65, 000 miles the same problem presents itself. I take the car in for service, and I am told the crank shaft sensor needed to be replaced. I review information that Nissan has been having this same problem with cars 2005 and 2006 .This is terrible stalling and not starting on expressways and busy intersections is above all a safty risk for anyone. I just had the sensor replaced at my cost 2 days ago. This is a serious health risk for consumers and just liketoyota you are going to wait until people are killed or seriously hurt to adress the problem. I would never buy another Nissan. I lost faith inthe company and the product. This is a newer car and the problems are escalating . I have read the transmission will go also from the problem. You can sugar coat it any way you want . You could have killed me and my daughter. i am afraid to drive this car . this is very serious.

• Ha
    hani504 Sep 04, 2010

how much did it cost for the transfer case

• Oj
    Ojitos Sep 29, 2010

My husband ordered 4 centre bar rubbers on 6 October from the Nissan dealership on Ontdekkers Rd, Princess Crossing and was told he needed to pay up front for them in order for an order to be placed. He did this and was told the parts would be there in 2 days...it is now almost 2 weeks and they keep saying they have not received anything and it is not a 'mass produced part'.

They were quick to take his money though and make false promises. This is not the first time we have waited forever for a Nissan part. Their promises mean nothing. Soneone please source this part and stop saying 'we will get back to you'.

joe2006 Oct 01, 2010

my tranfer case went at 71000 mi i had a trash extended warrenty through fidelity and they would only put a used transfer case in 13months later the seals went and cost me $1400.00 all BS i will never own a nissan again!!!

• Ke
    kenbob Oct 21, 2010

My tansfer case on 03 Murano with 73k miles just blew out.

I am sick and tired of this Nissan Murano and all the money I had to sink into it over the years. Nissan never again.

not a happy Murano owner Oct 28, 2010

Just found out my transfer case cracked, on my 2004 Murano, at 92, 000. Bought car used and have put $5, 000 into it in past 15 months. At this rate could have bought brand new car. I am lucky it did not go completely out with my small child in the car. Began with banging noise in front tire area similar to flat tire, progressed to entire front end noise - like the plastic under carriage was loose. Withing 2 days the noise was so loud it would echo in my neighborhood. Although part of the transmission, not covered under extended CVT warrenty. Nissan knows this is a huge problem but will only cover it under power train warrenty, up at 60, 000 miles. We need to file formal complaints, if enough people complain with legit. repairs Nissan may have to put a recall on the part and we can all be reimbursed.

• Br
    Brenda Leister Nov 22, 2010

Brenda Leister, 1334 Burlington Drive, Odenton, MD 21113
    410-672-0616 [email protected]

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima and on Nov 14, 2007 a recall was issued. The recall id# 07V527000 was for a Electronic Control Module (ECM). On March 15, 2010 I had my car in the shop because is would cut off while driving, the dealer said that it was a bad crankshaft sensor and it cost $422.67 to get repaired. I never received a notice about the recall and no one at the dealer mention the recall at the time of the repair. My sister has the same car and she took hers into the shop over the weekend and they told her that they couldn't fix the problem because it was a recall and she would have to take her car to Nissan to get fixed. I know that my car going this long without the ECM repaired has caused the crank shaft sensor to go bad. I need to know where can I turn for a refund of my money paid to get the crank shaft sensor repaired.

• 20
    2005NissianMurano Dec 01, 2010

I will be shocked if Nissian admits to this failed part but i figured i would share my story as well. I bought a Nissian Murano "05" with a extended warranty July 30, 2010. Took it into a shop November 11th because i had a noise coming from my engine at the time of driving it. The mechanic said that there was no fluid in the transfer case and contacted the warranty company, the warranty company then said that there will be NO coverage due to my failure of not taking care of the services. I just got service a week prior to taking the car to the shop Jiffy Lube. Making a long story short after investigating and doing my research i found that my transfer case is recommended to hold 5 eight's of a pint(less than 1/2 cup) of fluid, does not have a dip stick to check fluids and is conjoined with the engine. So why should i pay $2400 to fix my car if i bought the car with a extended warranty, fully serviced in July and did all regular maintenance to the car as needed then come November my Transfer case is shot. I am fighting to get what i deserve when having a fully covered warranty! Save yourself the trouble and dont bother buying this expensive car, , its not going to save you anything in life, it will just cost you more money in the end.

• Lo
    Lordy Dec 02, 2010

I purchased this warranty for 2004 Nissan. They say they are with you every mile. On 11/11/2010 I had car problems, Warranty company didn't want to pay for genuine parts for my car, labor and top it off. I think i am paying a $100 deductible and the service advisor tells me $671. I am so pissed. I went through so much trouble and to top it off, I have to take my car some place else for service. I paid over 1800 for my warranty for what to feel violated and rejected. They are not with you.

• Gt
    gtweet Dec 14, 2010

I have a little over 41, 000 miles on my 2004 Nissan Murano and my transfer case cracked. I had never heard of a transfer case before this incident. This is the second Nissan that I have purchased and if Nissan does not admit that the mechanics of the transfer case is faulty, it will be the last Nissan that I will ever purchase.

• Gr
    Granchen Jan 19, 2011

I am so appalled and disgusted in the service i have been receiving from Nissan Welkom!!!Since day one i have had problems when purchasing a brand new Nissan NP 200!First of all when i purchased the vehicle i asked them to install a radio and central locking for my vehicle, which they assured me that will be no problem at all!!What a joke!!When everything was done i had to take the car back three times cause the fan of the vehicle was disconnected, and went faulty, due to the installation of the radio!!Then the doors didn't want to close properly due to the central locking that was installed and the excuse was given its new rubbers and it will do it!I am stuck now woman alone in Morgans bay alone as a woman due to the fact that my central locking and immobilizer malfunctioning!I phoned Welkom and they informed me the system they installed is a very old system, and i must take it to the nearest dealership!How must i do this??The car wont start, must i carry it on my back!?!?I am stuck here and have no place to go, my vehicle has not even gone for its first service yet an has 9000 km!!Come on guys is this what you call customer satisfaction!?!?!?do you guys take me as a fool!

• Mu
    Murti Jan 21, 2011

A 2002 Nissan Maxima car was purchased for my daughter, a second year student in Rutgers, to be used for her internship in Trenton on 11/28/2010 from private owners named below.
    Harry, the brother of the owner, is a mechanic and claimed he had personally worked on the car and knew it was fully in excellent condition. He claimed that all the fluids were up to date, the tires were new, the brakes were in top condition and the only immediate need was an oil change. I specifically asked if this car had been in any accidents and the response was there were none. My wife and children asked the same question again and the same response was provided.
    I purchased the vehicle fully based on the statements made by the owner, along with his brother. Sukh called me form the bank since they would not let him cash a check over $2500 without speaking with me and I asked that the payment be made.
    We were promised a second key and since the Sukh did not answer the phone, my wife contacted him via Facebook and he mailed the second key without the remote access. The, mailing envelope has the address as shown in section 3.
    I drove the car myself to make sure it was reliable before handing it over to my daughter. In the last week of December, I took the car for an oil change and got the shock of my life when the mechanic pointed out this car had been in serious accident (s) and the headlight was actually glued with silicone. I requested for a full examination, and after charging me another $93.00 the mechanic provided an estimate for $2510.60. The mechanic discouraged me for repairing the car. Transmission leak is not repairable per the mechanic.
    I requested a car fax report at this point that revealed that in reality this car has had two accidents. Both at the time Sukh was the owner and in addition his sister who was the previous owner according to him had had an accident.
    Sukh Dhillon and Harry Dhillon Singh knew exactly what was going on with the car and took advantage of my trust. They made false statements and I ended up buying the car based on their words. The car, as it turned out after purchase and upon inspection, has serious problems. The Carfax report confirmed my concerns.
    From a safety standpoint - I am unable to give this car to my daugther due to the risks involved and have spent almost $5, 500 and she doesn’t have a usable car.
    I called and left message for the Dhillon brothers and since they have not responded and I am left with no option but file a complaint and seek formal help.
    My wife and I have three children. We are both in the education industry and we find that Sukh and Harry have hurt our ability to meet our children’s needs. We request the support of the court to resolve this matter.

This car was also listed in Craigslist – Have requested for full advertisement to see what they claimed the condition of the car to be.
    2002 MAXIMA
    Nov 10, 2010 ... ASKING $ 5500. CALL 732 762 9623. Location: PARLIN, NJ; it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests ...
    cnj.craigslist.org/cto/2053253386.html
    central NJ craigslist > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner
    ________________________________________
    This posting has been deleted by its author.
    (The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
    ________________________________________
    • Copyright © 2011 craigslist, Inc.
    • terms of use
    • privacy policy
    • feedback forum

• Ol
    Oleg.O Jan 21, 2011

Don't think something's gonna help you in this case, unfortunately. You decided to save $40 on Carfax report and $90 on pre-examination. You should've done it before purchasing this car. These two indians didn't PUSH this car to you, they didn't put a gun to your head making you buy it.

In this world you shouldn't trust even your own mother. Before buying Nissan Altima 2002 4 months ago, I spent almost $140 on Carfax reports, police reports and examination. As a result - I bought a perfect car.
    For now, you won't be able to prove anything. I feel sorry for you, but hope next time you will perform the full check before buying a car.

• Kr
    krspoll Feb 06, 2011

I bought a Nissan Pathfinder 2005 and an extended warranty. After two years my oil pressure light came on. I was towed to the dealer, who told me that I needed a new engine due to sludge. I have maintainance records for the two years I have owned this truck. My claim was denied based on lack of records prior to my owning the vehicle and not being able to tell when the sludge built up, although the prior owner was in fact Nissan themselves. I waited two months for Nissan to answer the claim as I was passed from agent to agent. Customer service was horrible and my claim denial was final even though I have paid for an extended warranty.

• Au
    Austro Feb 13, 2011

My 2005 Nissan 4cyl manual Frontier pings ( spark knock) at low gear. The dealership in Spartanburg, SC said timing is done at the factory and cannot be adjusted at the dealershoip. Their adviceis that the only thing I can do is use Shell Premium gas. Itried this but it still pings. Someone on line said I need to replace a PCV filter, which I can't even locate.I used Berryman B12, Lucas Oil Upper but it still pings. How much is this damaging the engine? Are there spark plugs on this car, so I can replace them right now?

• Ho
    Hotsoup Mar 15, 2011

1/22/11 my wife purchased a 2010 Nissan Sentra pre owned with 5530 miles from Route 22 Nissan Hillsaide NJ. Its finance price was $12, 200 and the cash price was about $3000 more. The dealership pushed for us to finance the car with a lower price which we did. When we close the deal with the finance manager(Nuno Ferreira) he said that my wife’s credit was excellent and he could give an extended warranty if she signed for the loan of 1.9% for 60 months. We did agree but did not ask or authorize any other addition to the car. My wife asked Nuno for a breakdown of the bill and he said it would be mailed to us by Nissan financial corp.

Almost 1 month later we received a bill with a total payoff of $18, 790.36. We were in shock because we expected it to be around $14, 000 since we put down $1000 up front. We had a meeting on 2/24/11 with the salesman(Ronald Villatoro) and finance manager(Nuno Ferreira). At the dealership we asked to see a breakdown of the bill, which of course they tried to act surprised that we didn’t have a copy. After reviewing the copy we realize they charged us for $700 for GAP insurance, $2000 for extended warranty that we thought were included and VIN etching for $2647, and we never knew we purchased them.

During the meeting with Nuno, he agreed to remove the gap insurance and the extended warranty, but could not do anything with the etching because it was already on the car. We went back there on 2/28/11 to meet with Mark Frank the manager to see if there was anything he could do. I was told Howard Newman would call us the next day 3/1/11 because he is the only one that could make the decision. Until this day Howard Newman never called us and when we called the dealership Mark Frank said the dealership decided to not to refund.

Upon further investigation we also think the odometer may have been tampered with because the disclosure shows 5530 and a Car Fax shows 11, 659 from previous owner. We also heard that the window etching could have been done when the car was purchased by the previous owner.

• On
    onhootie Mar 17, 2011

For those in Canada

Please complete the form on the link below as it will prompt Transport Canada to do an investigation with Nissan Canada.

(copy and paste the link in your browser if you cannot click on the link)

Nissan is aware of the problem and has extended the warranty on the CVT transmission up to 120, 000km or 10 years but still refuses to include the transfer case

• Sp
    Spasl Apr 07, 2011

Mine lasted until 178k and I love my 2004 Murano but now after reading all of these complaints I will probably not fix it and just go get a new car, but alas not a Nissan. PS even though there are all these issues the Nissan dealer missed diagnosed it as a failing a/c compressor? And while I was there I asked at the parts how much for the transfer case and was told it was $2500 just for the part, funny I can find it on line for $1600. I hate dealers!

• Ca
    caroline70 Apr 15, 2011

My transfer case just blew and Nissan is quoting $1340 to fix it. Ridiculous. I have 77, 000 miles on it and have had it just over 5 years (bought it new). I have always loved Nissan but this is probably the VERY last Nissan I will own. And yes, I called Nissan Corporate to see exactly why this is not covered under the extended CVT warranty and I'm being told this part is not covered under this bogus warranty - only covered under the regular powertrain warranty of 5 years/60, 000 miles. I will be writing a letter and making a formal complaint because this is BS.

• Ga
    Gary Lee from Plano Apr 17, 2011

Went in with ad flier received in the mail. The flier had two items that turned out to be LIES from these slime balls that don't deserve to stay in business. There was a "voucher" for $2, 387 in the flier that was to be a discount off the price of a selected vehicle. There was also an statement that "All trade ins will be guaranteed to be the NADA price" I have a 2007 Lincoln Town Car that I wanted to trade for a Cadillac CTS. First they had to be hounded several times with the simple question that wasn't answered "what is the price". I had checked out the internet price on the vehicle at home before I left, found it to be $29, 887. When I finally got an answer from my "sales"man Quentin, he had stated the car would be $29, 600 after the discount. I pointed out that he had already agreed to the internet price, less the "voucher". That didn't seem to matter, however he went back and came up with $27, XXX after he applied the voucher. When it came to valuing my trade, this is where the rats turned to skunks. I had also checked the NADA book for my car, its miles, features, etc. and came up with $16, 000-$18, 000 range, according to the book. These skunks came back with $11, 000 for a clean, prime condition trade that I was told was obtained by the buy price from the auction house. They didn't honor the advertised guarantee to value the trade at NADA value. I countered with $16, 000 and that's when dufus (big fat ugly manager) got in the game and told me Quentin had misquoted the price, it was either the internet price or the full list price, less the "voucher" no where on the "voucher" was stated either directly or on footnotes about any restrictions of said discounts. BFUM told me they wouldn't budge from the insulting, low ball trade offer and to add back the $2, 387 that I was misquoted, that new number would be the price. I told him that was an insult and the dip-### still didn't get that he works for one of THE WORST SHEISTER DEALERS IN TEXAS!!! I had to ORDER him "GET MY KEYS - I"M OUTTA HERE" Why does the Texas Attorney General and the manufacturers allow this HELL HOLE to stay in "Bidness"? Only a total idiot would complete a deal here -

• Ra
    randy baltis Apr 22, 2011

I just took my 2010 Murano LE in for service today (april 22, 2011) and was told the transfer case has to be replaced. I have only 25000 kms on it. I also bought the extended warranty thinking we will be covered if anything should go wrong. It doesn't give me too much faith reading your story. My car is not even a year old.

• Pe
    Persboy Apr 28, 2011

At 68, 000 tranfer case on my nissan murano 2005 is gone, bought it brand new and rarely used the car.

• To
    TO Murano Lemon May 09, 2011

Transfer Case leaking at 88, 000KM. 2004 Murano. Sounds like gears grinding together. Dealer will not cover under warranty and also said drive shaft needs to be replaced. I have taken car to other mechanic, who said drive shaft is fine. I have contacted Nissan Canada, but getting stone-walled there also. I will file complaint with Transport Canada. This warrants a recall. No more Nissan products for me.

• Su
    Superc May 17, 2011

Kim Hanover at Nissan Endicott are running a real racket in Pompano. THey buy cars at wholesale from people who unknowingly walk into their dealership, then sell the cars on Ebay and through Craigslist as an individual. It's been going on for years an no one knows why the D.M.V. Allows it. The website they use is: Fushis Unlimited: http://www.fuschisunlimited.com/gems_for_sale.html Kim sold me a Gem, I asked to buy from the dealership but she said by it cash from me instead, which I did, then she asked for a tip ($300), then she sold me a Gem elctric vehicle at retail and never stood behind teh product. I've sunk thousands into the car. This is truly a DMV issue. Endicott should have thier dealer license revoked and Kim Hanover should go to Jail for Multiple Fraud Counts! I will be suing them personally, so if anyone else has fallen victim to Kim and her folks at Endicott, please post here! She has taken perfectly good chargers out of my Gems and made me buy new ones when it was only a blown fuse! Ya, that's right $800 for a $1.00 fuse - Scammers at Endicott. I wish Gem coporate and Nissan new what they were up to... Kim Hanover is a scammer, she has only one type of battery to sell to people who wants lead acid for their Gems, Interstates! Which are NOT ALLOWED by Gem Corporate, but this Gem dealer doesn't care!

• Au
    austinite mom Jun 04, 2011

I had taken my Armada in to have the air conditioner looked at. The AC was shutting off randomly then came on when I restarted the car. It was only the front air condition that was messing up, the back air never stopped blowing. They did call and tell me they had to take off the overhead console to look at wiring. When they tried to remove it, it had been glued on in the front. I told them it was okay to remove the console as long as it did not do anymore damage. After picking up my vehicle, without the AC being fixed, there was a new break in the console. Both places had been glued back together in a very bad way. Glue was present and wiped all around the breaks. Then I noticed the back of the console is now sagging down as if it were bent during removal. There was nothing wrong with it prior to dropping my car off. I contacted the service manager, Bruce Mungiguerra, who refused to replace/fix what they had broken even after acknowledging they had broken it. He told me it was "hard to get off" and stated there was nothing they can do to fix it. Well, they should replace what they broke. It is a replaceable part that was broken in more places and now runs the risk of breaking more since it is not sitting flush and secure with the roof. Over time now the back is going to sag more and crack. If you want people to buy $50, 000 vehicles from your dealership, there needs to be better customer service. There's that golden rule people always teach there children "If you break something fix it or replace it". I will continue to fight and continue to make contacts until my complaint is heard and fixed!

• Li
    Lis F Jul 01, 2011

We own a 2005 Nissan X-Terra... got it in 2007 with 4, 100 miles for, I think $20, 300. when it was all added in, of course prior to financing!!! we purchased an extra service agreement for another $2, 000. As I am writing this, i am getting more and more upset...I'm sorry. From day one we started hearing knocking noises and sli pping when we accelerated so we decided to bring it to a dealer near us. The dealer always had a quick response "owner complains of...checked vehicle and found no...' Low and behold we kept pressing and at the beginning of the year, thank God just before the S/A expired, found the differential and the transmission shot...It was not an easy feat to get this covered because the S/a was with the original dealer...Toyota Universe not Nissan, something we got socked into by the salesman...another mistake...well it worked out b/c they paid over $9, 000 for the repairs. but now we have more problems...we.went to get the vehicle inspected and was rejected and given a code, no one told us how to find out what the code was, but eventually we search the net and found answers a 'fuel sensor" remembered the MAACO commercial and went there to get it fixed. They said no problem and took our car in for a check up. Two hrs later we heard that there are several things wrong with our car, the sensor issue is now a huge problem even involving gear shaft and 4x4 tank...or whatever is called. my husband is right I always have women questions and he thinks mechanics take advantage of that...i don't know if that is a true statement of all mechanics. :) well here we are looking at a $3, 000 estimate for much damages to this p of s car!!! Any grounds for complaints, it class action?? What can we do? thanks