Nissan Murano Transfer Caseproblems with transfer case

I have just gotten the same bad news as many of you, I started experiencing a problem with torque steer at any speed over 80km/hr. I booked my vehicle in at the Nissan stealership, sorry dealership, and a couple days before it was due in, I started experiencing a slight clicking sound, the kind of sound that is usually made by debris being in the tire treads. The next day the sound was worse, so I parked my MO and drove a work vehicle for a couple days. On the day I brought it to the dealer, it had increased in intensity and volume to the point that i wondered if I was going to make it there. Alas I made it and their diagnosis was that the transfer case was failing, badly, and that it would cost approximately $3800.00 to replace. Also the service person was insinuating that it was my fault, saying that I must have driven the vehicle with the AWD lock engaged on dry pavement far too often. However, this is not the case, I honestly can't remember ever engaging it at all, the automatic system worked to cover my needs just fine. Does anyone know if there is any recourse or action that can be taken with either Transport Canada, or Nissan (laugh), to have the problem be considered a recall, aside from a lengthy and costly court battle?

• Wi
    With out a long block Aug 31, 2016

I thought I could save money by purchasing a long block engine off the internet. I found a great deal on a long block engine online at RockAuto.com. The long block was coming from Marshall Engines located in Kearny, NE and it had a 3 year / 100, 000 mile warranty. But this “great deal” turned into a nightmare for me.

The first long block started knocking at about 10, 000 miles and then threw the balance shaft through the bottom of the block. I was given a second engine under warranty. This second engine started knocking at about 2.000 miles, but this time Marshall’s refused to warranty this engine because my certified mechanic did not use a “pre-lube engine oiler. The installations of both engines were identical yet one was warranted and the other one was not. Both of these engines were installed correctly per the specifications of the original manufacturer and by the same certified mechanic.

It has been a long year with only being able to drive my car for about three months of this year, minus a lot of money, and I still do not have a long block for my car. But I have learned a valuable lesson in all that has happened to me. Always follow the re-manufacturer’s installation instructions even if they do not follow the original manufacturer’s instructions. I will no longer look for the cheapest price with the best warranty on anything anymore because, indeed you get what you pay for, and any warranty is only as good as the company that will stand behind it. I would rather do business with well known reputable companies that are known for standing behind their products and services.

For the rest of the story go to /link removed/

• To
    Toover Aug 31, 2016

Alert! Anderson – NISSAN of Asheville, NC 629 Brevard Rd. 28806 – Has poor to no sales integrity and terrible customer service follow up. Background: Purchased a relatively expensive used vehicle ( $26, 500 ) and made a verbal agreement with the sales person to get a second set of keys made for this car not a problem. Evidently yes, I have e-mailed and called the sales person several times to get him to follow up on this promise that was made at face value. On my first visit to the dealership after purchasing the vehicle they pretended they did not know what the arrangement was even though it was written up on the work order. Now on my second visit after having the car in the shop for two weeks they called me telling me that they have taken care of everything and the car is ready to be picked up. To my surprise, they cut a valet key that does not start the car which is completely useless as second set of spare keys apparently the ignition key cost $70 dollars and is microchip in coded. They, actually had the nerve of telling me that this was the agreement made to you by the sales representative. Furthermore, that I didn’t know the facts . Besides, having terrible after sales customer service I find this outfit cheap and petty and having no moral integrity what so ever.

Novake Aug 29, 2016

Took my vehicle for repair they first told me it would be a part that would cost around $200.00 two days later they call me telling me that it’s a part that would cost $1200.00 I checked other dealers for pricing and there own website was selling the same parts for $400.0 less after calling them they told me they would match the price… Bad and Rude service people!!! Totally RIP OFFS!!!

• El
    elizabeth baltier Aug 19, 2016

My light for air bag from my passenger turns off when theres an adult sitting down .. I believe that will happen when theres a child or a light weight sitting down. I brought it twice to dealer and will no find the problem ...
    I think I need and explanation because I DONT WANT MY PASSENGER TO DIE IF AN ACCCIDENT HAPPENS ... I HAVE PROOF I TOOK IT TO BE CHECK ..
    WHAT DO I SUPPOSED TO DO? JUST WAIT??
    I DONT THINK I DESERVE THIS OR ANYBODY BUT IM VERY UPSET ... I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM BERFORE AND NOW MY CAR I HAVE A TITAN THAT I HAVE WAITED ABOUT A MONTH TO HAVE THE ENGINE THING TO BE CHANGE AND HAVE NOT RECEIVE A CALL FROM YOU LETING ME KNOW IT ARRIVED I HAVE TO BE AFTER YOUR PEOPLE .././ WHAT CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE YOU GIVING????
    MY CAR WAS CHANGE SOMETHING ON BREAKS AND STILL SOUNDS BAD ... IT BRAND NEW WHAT ARE U SELLING KNOW???
    MANAGER FROM MECHANICS IS VERY NICE AND EVERYTHING BUT I WANT MY VEHICLES TO BE FIX ASP ...
    YOU WANT ME TO MAKE A SUIT???
    I DONT WANT TO GO SO FAR AS THAT PLEASE HELP ME...
    MY EMAIL ADDRESS I [email protected]

• Je
    Jello Aug 15, 2016

I don't really have a complaint about the dealership, but wish my credit was better. They helped me get a new car but because my credit is not too good I couldn't get a 370Z-- only a new Altima. At least it's loaded. The people were really nice and after I get some bills paid I'll go back.

• Da
    Damien Aug 15, 2016

I purchased a Nissan Juke 2012 from Palmetto Nissan in Florence, SC. 2185 W. Evans Street. 8/22/2012. The car has not been driven very much because of illness in my family. My daughter was in the hospital and I didn’t realize I had signed for the service and maintenance plan. I told my salesperson that I didn’t want the service and maintenance plan and I then signed papers to that effect. I called Isiah Addison, who took over from Jeremy Fortner, as finance manager. He indicated to me that he was new on the job and didn’t quite know how to cancel the service and maintenance plan which comes to $3900.00 plus taxes. When I asked for specific questions, Mr. Addison hung up on me.

I would like the service and maintenance plan canceled immediately.

• Ba
    badsd73 Jul 28, 2016

I had a Nissan Maurano 06, that had the ignition key get stuck inside and the lock was broken and would not release the Key.
    Contacted Nissan Global to get assistance in maybe at least providing the part while i would pay for the install.

It was the worst experience dealing with this golliath of a Corporation, and not backing up their bad product. Who ever heard of a Key ignition going bad. That should last the lifetime of the car.

Needless to say they kept telling me they would have an answer for me in 2 days on 4 separate occasions and then had assigned it someone that was on vacation, and made me wait another week.

Even when Christina returned from her vacation, i still did not receive her returned call and had to keep calling to find out what was going on.
    At the same time i was begging the dealership GERALD NISSAN, in Naperville to assist me, and they were just as bad to return phone calls or to get anything done. Even the general Manager Dean would not return my calls
    In the end after they made me wait 2 weeks just to tell me that Nissan Global would not do anything to assist and that the dealer would give me $150 off, after the price of the repair went up about $200+ from the initial quote. Which was $1280 at first and then wen up to $1500+.

It was not so much the money any more, it was more about the way i was treated and ignored. Be cautious in dealing with Nissan Global and Gerald Nissan.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Jul 28, 2016

If you're doing your job as a parent, then your child will not be too influenced by a simple television commercial.

• Un
    unknown_87 Jul 28, 2016

I recently bought a car from this dealership, they have the worst customer service!! The first day I took my car home the battery died! I had to buy a new one, they said they would reinburst me the money but I have not received it yet! I was given a certain intrest rate but it did not go through, I had to go back and resign for a higher rate that they said the bank accepted. They called me 2 weeks later saying I have to resign the contract again because the rate went up. How is that possible if the bank already had accepted the 2nd rate they gave me! I have to pay my first payment today and I have received any account info to pay it to. I have been calling them for weeks about this matter and all they say is "we will call you back" and they never do!! I have been calling everyday for the past 3 weeks!! I recommened not to go to Nissan in Mckinney!!

• Pe
    pep777 Jul 28, 2016

Latest TV campaign by Nissan depicts a young child destroying everything in his path, except, of course, the sturdy Nissan toy car. More negative influences for our children. What good parent would condone this behavior? It's insulting as well as a bad influence on children.

• Po
    pobarjenkins Jul 28, 2016

Uh-oh. My sister let my nephew watch The Ring. Should I expect to be slaughtered in seven days?

Magdab Jul 28, 2016

When driving back from holiday our Hardbody Double cab 3l Diesel lost power. Bakkie was towed to Klerksdorp Nissan on 03/01/2009. First result was that whole engine need to be redone for a cost of +/-R85000.00. We didn't accept and refer to Nissan SA. After another investigation-miraculously the whole engine didn't needed to be redone-there was something that broke off, damaged the engine-what?Klerksdorp Nissan didn't know. They dragged so much that an engineer from Nissan SA drove to Klerksdorp to investigate. After this we got notified that a fin in the Turbo broke off and dammaged the engine(+/-R56000.00 damage). This was in FEB-MORE than a month later. Bakkie is outside warranty-28000km but not 3 years old yet. NissanSA prepared to pay R5966.19 and reply that the turbo failed "DUE TO NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR"as per their letter. PLEASE notify all customers with a NISSAN DIESEL vehicle that they must PLEASE replace their turbo's on 100 000km as it will not last longer. This is now what I call quality!!! Nissan was quick to organize finance on a new vehicle but non existant on the complaint or after sales. The fact that we bought 3 NEW Nissans also MEAN NOTHING!!! This was the LAST Nissan ever

• Valerie Jul 28, 2016

I purchased Nissan Sentra 2001 used car from a car dealer in Northbrook on 11/30/2004. The very next day the car stopped on the middle of the road. I called the dealership and they said they are not responsible for anything once the car leaves their showroom. I went their showroom and try to meet the salesman, sales manager and general manager, they are so rude and said we will call the police if I don't leave the showroom immediately. I spent about $4, 000/- to replace the horness, battery and other things within the next twelve months. Do not buy any used car from this show room. Do not believe salesman, sales manager and general manager they will be so nice when you are buying and so rude when you have problems. Do not believe KBB or Carfax. Do you your own investigation like taking the car to a different dealer and ask them to investigate thoroughly before buying and it may cost you $200 that is better than spending $4000.

• Ah
    ahmed mohamed saleh ali Jul 28, 2016

hi sir my name is ahmed i have nissan sunny 2007 i bought it new from egypt now i make 20000 . i make all servise in nissan every time when i go to make serivce i told them my car consume alot of gas and it is not stable i mean when i push break the motor shaking and want to stop the maintance in nissan took my car and put it on computer and told me now every thing is fine .from 5000 kilo until now 20000 kilo i have this problem last servise they told me your car need electricty cable EGR and they do not have it right now i been 14 days right now and they do not have this cable my question how i buy new car and after 5000 kilo i need cable and why they to late to inform me they need cable on 20000 kilo and why they do not have it and without any apologize my motor number 429506 and my e mail is h_algamed @yahoo.com

• Je
    Jesus.C Jul 28, 2016

I bought a new 2005 Nissan Maxima and recently I have had some transmission issues. The gears have been sticking and slipping and so I took it to the dealership and was informed that I need a new transmission and that my warranty expired 890 miles before I took it in (my warranty on the transmission was until the car reached 60, 000 miles). The dealership then informed me that it would cost $5300 to replace this. I did some research on the Internet and found out that I am no the only person with this issue, and I also noticed that it is a widespread issue for the model year I have. I also discovered that most of the comments I found about the problems with that model year are related to transmission issues, very similar to my own. So I then contacted Nissan USA about this problem because I just don't think that is right, I shouldn't have to replace a transmission less than 1000 miles from the warranty expiration. Nissan USA informed me that because I did not take the car to one of their dealerships to get the vehicle maintenance done for the past 2 years I can not get them to replace this transmission. I do however have maintenance records for those two years as Nissan never told me that to use my warranty I had to take the car to one of their dealerships. This is completely unacceptable to me and I will never buy another Nissan product again, because of the poor quality of the vehicle I am stuck with now.

• Ou
    Outelle Jul 28, 2016

Was over charged Lake County, IL. sales tax. Showed them the Illinios state page that states the vehicle sales tax in Lake County, IL.. They just tossed it away. Was informed by salesman that there wasn't any other charges. Then they added a very high doc fee on final sales slip. No offer to refund sales tax, or applogy for the very high doc fee, that is not required by the state of ILLinois.

No help in picking up the car, took the money and just left us sitting there. I went and found the car, put the plates on it myself and drove away. Low fuel light was on, gauge was below empty and no offer of a gallon or two of gas to get to gas station. Just made it into station lot, pushed it to the gas pump. No concern for the customer as stated on their web site by Bob Rohrman himself.

• Fr
    Fran Zito Jul 28, 2016

My husband and daughter spoke to a sales rep at the above mentioned dealership. He negotiated a lease price for a 2012 Juke at $317 per month. My daughter is a returning Nissan customer as we leased her an Altima for her time in college. Her old lease is up and she is ready to lease her own car. After absolutely falling in love with the car, she asked her dad to go back and see if the dealer could do a little better with the monthly lease cost. The cost they quoted and wrote down on a business included the first month's payment and DMV charges up front. My husband told the rep that my daughter would not put any other charges down (including tax) so he knew this up front. The sales manager spoke to them and the $317 was the final monthly price. Suddenly the following day, they didn't realize they wouldn't be collecting the tax up front and they "forgot" about acquisition fee ($595). The sales manager said it must have been a misunderstanding and that the sales rep hadn't mentioned the tax issue. Now my daughter feels that the dealership intentionally misinformed her. I feel that they knew exactly what they were doing.

• Ro
    robf70837 Jul 28, 2016

This was my first and last visit to this dealership for service.

The cost to perform the scheduled service was $100 more than I was quoted for the same service from another dealership. $176 for labor? Seriously?
    I should have walked out then and there but I thought I would give them a chance. I may have felt better about it if there was some evidence that they actually did anything. Sadly there is more evidence against it.

After the vehicle was finished, I was handed a check sheet of he items that were inspected. Rotated the tires? Not likely. This past winter I had to fill my tires with air when the TPI warning illuminated on my instrument panel. Due to the cold, I couldn't maintain a grip on the valve stem caps and dropped them inside the wheel hub openings, so both of the rear wheels didn't have stem covers on them. After servicing the rear wheels still don't. This is important because part of what I was charged for was to rotate the tires. Obviously the wheels were never touched even though I was charged for rotating them.

The windshield wipers need to be replaced. They chatter and smear the windshield on the upswing. They were checked off as being good. Really? Looks like I will have to pick up replacement blades and change them (I can't image how much I would have paid for a labor charge for that).

Part of the service I was charged for was a test drive. It had started to snow and rain after I arrived. When I went to leave the vehicle was bone dry and the window open. Obviously it never left the bay (they might have seen the wipers needed replacing if it had).

Makes me wonder what else hadn't been done yet I was charged for. At least the oil looked clean when I checked it.

The waiting area is located outside what appears to be a lounge/work area for the sales staff. They may want to rethink that. The door is frequently left open and waiting customers can hear every comment from the sales staff some of which were not too complimentary of their customers.

Trying to leave was what did it for me. A vehicle had been parked outside the exit bay door. There was also a vehicle parked in front of the entrance bay door to the left of the exit door. Between the two doors is a sandwich board. Being unable to go anywhere all I could do was wait a minute or two to see if someone would move the car. As I was about to get out to get someone to move it, a staff member walks up and asks if there is a problem. Yes!! So this genius, instead of moving the car has me weave between the door jam, the two cars and a sandwich board to exit this sad excuse for dealership. I am glad they have so much concern for their customers vehicles.

Angelia Hamilton Jul 28, 2016

Purchased a 2013 Pathfinder on 3 August 2013. First problem: noticed the bumper was not seated properly. Sent the car to service after a week of driving it in service for a week. Second problem had window tinted realized the back window had deep scratches as to where if a rock hit it at the right angle the window would shatter. vehicle in service again another week. Third problem torque converter broken after driving the vehicle for one week. Vehicle has approx 1300 miles. No resolution from Nissan except to wail 3 to 4 weeks for parts

• Fe
    FEide Jul 28, 2016

I signed a Warranty contract the day I purchased my vehicle ( 2003 Nissan Altima), as a part of my DEAL. My contract stated that for $1805.00 I was to receive 72 months or 72, 000 miles starting with the in-service date or 3-17-07. I recently received a letter in the mail from the Nissan Warranty Center stating that my service contract has expired. I was confused because I haven't had the car for over 72 months and the car only has 54, 000 miles on it. The first thing I did was call the Warranty Center. They informed me that the in-service date in their system was 10/2003. I called Santa Monica Nissan and eventually drove up to the dealer, only to be told that the person who sold me the contract was fired and there was nothing they could do AND They would not honor the SIGNED contract I was holding in from of their faces.

• La
    Larry Joe Jul 28, 2016

I am writing this complaint because i am very upset about how bad Bert Ogden Nissan discriminates on people that have felonies i recently spoke to workers from there and they got me all worked up on how i will get the job right away and i did get an interview right off the bat which was great but then i go and fill out application and they come and talk to me and see that i have a felony and say oh no you have a felony and we dont hire people that have felonys here and i explained to him that this was a felony of 7 yrs already and he said no we still dont hire people that have felonys. I was working so hard on trying to convince them that i am so different i have a family to support and the reason i am looking for another job is only because the company im currently working for is finishing there contract here in the valley and i need to look for another job asap. I would just like to let people know about this im not trying to make things better for felons or anything i can only speak for myself and thats it.

• Fr
    FriscoBob Jun 22, 2016

I'm so frustrated with Nissan of McKinney. We tried for about a month to buy a (used) car there and it was a horrible experience. Sales people not returning phone calls, being put on indefinite hold when calling the main number, etc. At one point they tried to sell us a car that had some sort of mold problem and smelled HORRIBLE. They tried and tried to sell it to us and insisted the smell would go away. We refused and a week later when we went back they admitted that it still smelled terrible.

Obviously we should have stayed away. Unfortunately, they had the exact car we were looking for (for our business) at a good price and we needed to get it done. So we finally just walked in one day and forced them to sell it to us.

That's where things went from bad service to, I think, fraudulent. We took a finance letter from our bank to the dealer with us. The finance manager tried to have us sign some blank documents, but we insisted that they fill them out and include our bank name. He did, we signed and drove away. Then a week later we get a call from another bank telling us they had our auto loan. When I called the dealer (after being put on indefinite hold twice, the third time insisting they find me a live person right away) the guy was belligerent, told me that they could finance with whoever they wanted, etc. When I told him my contact specifically named my bank, he didn't believe me and told me to come in and show him the paperwork. Unbelievable. Finally, he told me he would have to do some research and would call me back in 20 minutes. Would anyone like to guess if I got that call back? Ha ha.

Go to Nissan of McKinney at your own risk. If you can fight through the horrible service, they can't be trusted to honor a signed contract.

• Su
    Suana Jun 16, 2016

I purchased a 2005 Nissan Pathfinder and within the year I discovered the radiator fluid was leaking into the transmission and Nissan is fully aware of the problems with similar vehicles and they are not covering this defect beyond the standard warranty. We called Consumer Affairs at Nissan. The first live person we spoke to seemed nice and even stated that we shouldn't have to pay for the repairs of the known faulty radiator or the transmission however, since we are at over the warranty miles, the Regional Manager at Nissan said that we are on our own with this problem and they are not going to pay. This was AFTER we gave them the requested information like our current miles and our VIN number. They also insisted that we get an estimate for repair from a certified Nissan dealer. When we went to Nissan dealership (Maroone Nissan of Pembroke Pines) the thieves there wanted to charge us for the inspection of the NIssan. An employee actually told us not to leave it there as they have never payed for any of the hundreds of Nissans that they have viewed with the same problems and instead were tricked into repairing their vehicles there since they have already paid the "inspection fee" . We asked about not having any notice on this and why no recall has been issued. The regional manager stated that this issue is not a safety recall, and there are no safety issues relating to the radiator assembly, well, as my car stalled as I was driving it in the highway I can tell you it is a safety issue Nissan. And you think you know about cars. I can tell you that no one in my family will ever own a Nissan anything again.

• Mi
    Milo_S Apr 03, 2016

We own a 2013 Nissan Murano which we bought new 2 years ago, it now has 15, 000 miles and the transfer case is leaking oil bad. I'm glad I caught it before it caused a catastrophic breakdown, but if this went unnoticed it would surely fail in no time. I have plenty warranty left so I'm looking forward to see what the Nissan dealership will have to say about this. I can imagine the majority of people with these issues had leaking transfer cases to begin with, since it only holds 0.3 quart of oil (that's NOT a typo) a small leak can and WILL empty your transfer case quickly. A transfer case with no oil will tear itself up and might even sieze up and cause you to lose control of your car. I urge every Murano owner to check the transfer case for leaks at least at every oil change. If you see ANY signs of leaks, top off the fluid immediately and get it checked out at a reputable shop. At worst refil frequently and you might buy yourself some time to gather up cash for the eventual and surely costly repair.

• Nj
    NJdriverSUV Dec 22, 2015

90k miles, 2005 Murano: just found out we need to replace the transfer case. AAmco quoted $3300 for parts and labor. Very disappointed in this vehicle as we have sunk in $4000 already this year alone to fix a laundry list of problems. Experienced similar issues: high pitch whistling sound followed by very loud thumping cranking sounds. Didn't dare to drive and had AAA tow to shop. This was the last straw- getting rid of this crap piece of car!

Sameh Ibrahim Oct 15, 2015

My 2010 Nissan Rogue transfer case broke at only 97000 km !!! This is a very common problem with Nissan vehicles. Since Nissan Canada denies the issue, I am seriously willing to sue the company in every way possible. It is not only a matter of unfair and unjustified encountered cost ... This falls under the safety code and life threatening alert !!!
    I am a single mother with 2 children and our vehicle broke down - while it is not supposed to with such a problem - in the middle of the road !!!
    It's always better to compel voices to show that it is a manufacturing defect that worth an urgent action for protecting our children and our lives.
    Please let me know if anyone would like to raise his voice with me !!

jose santini Oct 12, 2015

Transfer case splited in half. 118000 miles. No signs before it happened. Long ride and when get back on spressway boom, there it went and of course no warranty will cover it like always. Nissan have to pay for this.

jose santini Oct 12, 2015

My 03 murano cracked the transfer case at 121000 and of course theres no warranty. I've never seen a transfer case split like this. Nissan ought to be suit for this.

• Ca
    carrbow Aug 22, 2015

I just bought an 04 Murano, great car at first...The mileage was 108, 765 .A week after purchase it started a knock in the drive train.I've owned this car for five months and only been able to put less than 500 miles on it...I'm just on Social Security and can't afford costly repairs..This turns out to be a bad deal for me...All I can do is let it go back and ruin my credit..
    Never, , Never again will I buy any Nissan product.

megami404 Jul 16, 2015

Yep, I've currently had my 2009 Nissan Murano for exactly one year. Power train warranty ran out at 60k miles, I'm at 61k and the transformer case cracks, out of nowhere. The dealership I bought my car from recommended that Nissan still cover the repair to the Customer Affairs department, yet Nissan refuses. Won't even help cover the cost of the repair. I'm currently doing research to see how common this problem is in Nissan Muranos and if it's an issue that needs to be investigated, brought into light publicly and possibly addressed on a legal level.

I should have never switched from Honda to Nissan...

• Le
    Le33 May 18, 2015

I have a 2009 Nissan Murano with 75, 000 miles. The transfer case (TC) started to leak 2 weeks ago. I took it to the dealer today, and they wanted around $2100 (include parts and labor) to fix it. The extended CVT warranty won't cover it because the TC is not part of the CVT. I called Nissan consumer affair today and they told me that they would have a specialist call me back the next day.

AndreiWPG Mar 15, 2015

In 2007 Murano (drove from new) at 82K replaced transfer case (warranty).
    Another case in my family - 2011 Murano (drove from new) replaced transfer case seal at 82K (warranty) and the transfer case itself at 112K ($3500 out of own pocket). No goodwill from Nissan Canada.
    Created a Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Murano-Transfer-Case-Problem/387243794785488 to make the issue more visible

MEXguy Jan 15, 2015

My 2007 Nissan Murano with 162 K miles started making a sound as a flat tire, next day was a hard "clunk" noise while driving it to the shop. The Nissan dealership said is the transfer case and asking me $ 3, 500 to fix it. Just from one day to another it went really bad.
    Needless to say that because they use a CVT transmission (cannot get rebuilt) they are expensive to fix and I won't EVER own another Nissan.

• Be
    Beresford Jan 09, 2015

In australia. Known issue here among owners. Nissan needless to say also in denial.

• Pe
    Peter_007 Nov 24, 2014

2003 Murano - transfer case failed @140K km followed by transmission failure
    Car was sold after repairs

2007 Murano - transfer case failed @114k km.

Both repairs were in the 4K range

• Ve
    veanna Nov 16, 2014

i brought 2004 nissan used at 140k one month later transfer case went out they said 5800 to fix it iv own three nissans never again

• Li
    LIOR LILAH Sep 10, 2014

my 2007 100k murano just blew dont know if it is worth fixing as i know they also have a lot of problem with there transmission.

how do you start a class c lawsuit against nissan???

• Li
    LIOR LILAH Sep 10, 2014

I have A nissan murano 2007 with 100k
    my transfer case just blew up and they want 3500$ to replace it
    i dont even know if it is worth to fix it as i know that they also had a lot of problem with there transmission and this is why they double the warenty from 5years/60k to 10 years 120k
    how can we start a classc lawsuit ?
    LIOR

Mec" Aug 24, 2014

Report old and new problems to better business bureau and safefecar.gov

Mec" Jul 30, 2014

Safecar.gov report old and new issues they won't recall if there aren't enough complaints go to Web site